TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

Sky has been through too much shit for people to judge her. And what she did id freaking amazing. I mean guys she made a PERFECT record which sounds EXTREMELY UNIQUE ( I mean Id never thought Id love this album SO much) and all that while Capitol Records are freaking hating her and giving her a hell load of crap. Shes THE MOST UNLUCKY person ever, yet look at what she did. (for me she brought back the 90s with this record and that made me FUCKING RESPECT her)

:toofloppy:  :toofloppy:  :toofloppy: #imbeingwaytoodramaticright?

Heavy Metal Heart and I Will are the best songs.  :hooker:

i dont get why this seems to be a fan favorite, its the only song on the album i skip, its not bad, idk i just dont like it,

imo the best song is YNTO, with 24hrs, I Blame Myself and I Will being nearly as good, i think the only weak song is Kristine, its lyrics manage to sound way more repetitive than Omanko even though Omanko is the same few lines over and over

i dont get why this seems to be a fan favorite, its the only song on the album i skip, its not bad, idk i just dont like it,

I feel that way about I Blame Myself. I haven't heard anyone except for me yet who wouldn't consider it one of the best songs on the album. I think it's somewhere in the middle. It's not THAT good.. It's probably the poppiest song on the album and I like it when Sky does pop but Everything is Embarrassing and Lost In My Bedroom were WAY better. it sounds like an attempt to recreate them that failed, but turned out decent anyway.

anyone else glad she didn't end up using previously released tracks like she suggested she would?

the album wouldn't have been cohesive at all

It was only the other day that I was thinking about this.

What if she put EIE instead of something like Boys, or Omanko?

What if she put LIMB on it instead of Love In Stereo or Kristine?

What if she released the EP, and replaced YNTO and Love In Stereo?

What if she put One on the album :awk:

Now that my Night Time My Time overdose frenzy is over, I wonder:

Which are the tracks we've got available live, but are not near to be released?

I Can't Say No, Pretty Dull, I'm Not Alright, and which others?

On Top

Not sure she's performed I'm Not Alright though, we just have the lyrics

BzhmW.png

anyone else glad she didn't end up using previously released tracks like she suggested she would?

the album wouldn't have been cohesive at all

I think Lost in my Bedroom could've found a nice niche. Actually, I think I might add it to the album somewhere. I feel like it belongs. The others wouldn't fit though.

So on 24 Hours she says "in these 24 hours, wish the clock had no hand" but for the first couple listens I thought she was saying "we should fucking go HAM" ("hard as a motherfucker" for those who don't know. And last night I sang it that way haha, I wish those were the real words...

I like this album! But True Romance is better.

IKR! It's like, as trippy as some of the songs can get on NTMT, they could have been even trippier. Repetition should be hypnotic (more than monotonous) IMO.

I don't know what the Rolling Stone reviewer was on about with her allusions to The Breakfast Club. Maybe somebody told her Sky reminded them of Simple Minds, and she just assumed they were talking about their most successful pop song, "(Don't You) Forget About Me" from TBC soundtrack. But really, she reminds me more of SM's New Gold Dream era, or even their earlier, more experimental phase.

I'm loving You're Not the One, I Blame Myself, I Will, Boys, Kristine, Ain't Your Right, and Omanko (my latest guilty pleasure... whatever the hell it's about).  :bop: 

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png