TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

32 minutes ago, letterblue said:

real recognizes real!!

i’m sure she’ll say…. “the album couldn’t exist under a…..errr a….global warming is so bad right now it just can’t exist at all”

in all seriousness i am looking forward to her excuse!

I actually understand why some of you are so fed up with her now, and that's in the span of knowing her music for like a year? I'd be tearing my hair out if I'd been a fan from earlier on, both due to Capitol AND her. 

I respect her wanting to stay true to herself, but just play the fucking game or leak your shit, do SOMETHING if your hands are tied, so that you can be free. I don't think she's helping herself at this point IF what she's saying is true. 

I don't think Capitol is unreasonable in certain regards, like shooting a video on an iPhone was some big offense? She's essentially an indie artist and self funded, and even Gaga has done this --and that's a main pop girl!!! IPhone quality isn't even bad at this point. Like does she feel the need to shoot on film? Make do with what you have, my fucking god.... She's holding her ground yet not accomplishing anything. 

I'm a fan and all and support her, but you all had reason behind the perceived rage too. I think everyone here wants her to succeed and that's where that comes from regardless of how harsh some of you are lol.

I guess we'll see. 

And maybe my username is still good for now.

I agree with half posts.

I do wish she would open up. Just throw shit on the fan and make it clear, say the names and the whole story. That's the only way anyone can actually support her and buy the story and make the media aware. Being vague "Some people aren't helping" "I'm waiting for some answers" and this kind of shit doesn't... make sense. Even Halsey staging that TikTok drama (that pretty much triggered her the fuck up, since she first announced the Don't Forget music video for the same day as "So Good" was being released) should have been enough for her to just blow things out of water instead of the "wtf but I am the original tortured little girl???"

If Capitol isn't willing to let her do her work, if they're not letting her express herself, then let it be clear as day. She's not releasing music anyway, at least make hell on earth for them. For someone with one album, 10 years ago, there's still a fanbase and media support.

Sometimes I also do think she wants a Fiona Apple\Extraordinary Machine moment.

Respectfully, she doesn’t strike me as someone who’s exhausted every possible resource she could to improve her situation. I’m not calling her lazy because we know she’s sitting on (maybe too much) music but it is true she could be more reactive. 

Some users go overboard on here but part of the tough love and frustration is because people know she could be great if she got out of her head and just went for it. Leaking her material wouldn’t turn any profit for her whatsoever but does it say on the contract she can’t set up a Patreon or Bandcamp? People would genuinely support these if there were consistent material/transparency. Air out who exactly is blocking your releases, when and what they promised you only to take it away, etc. Or get a music lawyer to mediate and strike up a deal where both you and Capitol can benefit if you fear legal retribution. 

Easier said than done but it does no one any good (especially herself) if she just leans into helplessness because that means whoever is allegedly holding her down has won. It’s unfortunate she’s so insecure and understandable if her heart isn‘t in it anymore because of the well-documented interference but if she’s 100% honest, people will be sympathetic. 

the sympathy and attention she gets from her sob stories and victim playing scratch that itch far more than actually following up on her promises, seeking legal help if needed and being a professional consistent artist. she's not stuck or blocked, capitol lets her do whatever she wants - yes they appear to be assholes with money, making her record ntmt in 2 weeks or so with her money, telling her to shoot a video on an iphone... i get it, not having your label support you financially is a shame and makes things difficult. but the only reason why she hasn't gone independent is because she will end up having to self fund everything and that's not what she wants, she wants the $$ to play as she wants and she uses the lack of money as her excuse, her sob story for every interview she did this year. she has full creative control, picking don't forget and downhill in mid '10s as her singles, doing her videos and tracklists as she likes, working with the producers she wants. no one's blocking her from doing anything. she subconsciously enjoys the position she is in right now because it benefits her in some way being in this victim role, otherwise she would have done any of the things mentioned here ages ago to at least get stuff out. there are artists far less fortunate than her who fund their entire careers out of pocket with whatever little they have, she believes she is entitled for a lot more and until she gets that she is going to play this game. i don't doubt capitol was hurt cause she fought to switch her image back then and played by her own rules, she must have been a difficult brat for sure and i believe that they compromised by telling her "okay, you can cosplay as this DIY indie alternative artist, but there won't be any budget for you girl" and that's what she got. but deep down she wants to be that manufactured girl behind the scenes, but she wants to have the DIY authentic indie persona. how many identical writer demos or dev hynes type of stories we gon hear about her to realise she goes into the studio and practically gets stuff made for her she just records some vocals for and pretends it's all authentic and genuine. "She went on to say that it “bothered” her that Hynes sings “Everything Is Embarrassing” live and introduces it as a song he wrote for her". of course it bothers her that the truth is told and it exposes her phony authenticity. haven't we all heard those identical writer demos for songs made years after? no genuine songwriter would be questioned like this regarding their input, except for dua lipa who also does the same shit but she is another story. this is why you won't see her going independent even though she can and you can tell she cares more being a victim, feeling entitled and having public drama with her label. if she cared so much about being an actual artist, you'd see it from her live performances and gigs. but no, she had to show up significantly late to every show, have "sound issues" (you just can't sing girl) and look like she just crawled out of a hole. everything is really embarrassing huh. 

if she was smart and had the guts, she would've pulled a RAYE. 

Aired out her entire career situation publicly on social media and following some hectic label meetings... get dropped + walk away with your masters. Then rebuild yourself up from there independently. Meanwhile the only time she actually complains about her situation is vaguely in press articles. 

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, EmptyPromises said:

I actually understand why some of you are so fed up with her now, and that's in the span of knowing her music for like a year? I'd be tearing my hair out if I'd been a fan from earlier on, both due to Capitol AND her. 

I respect her wanting to stay true to herself, but just play the fucking game or leak your shit, do SOMETHING if your hands are tied, so that you can be free. I don't think she's helping herself at this point IF what she's saying is true. 

I don't think Capitol is unreasonable in certain regards, like shooting a video on an iPhone was some big offense? She's essentially an indie artist and self funded, and even Gaga has done this --and that's a main pop girl!!! IPhone quality isn't even bad at this point. Like does she feel the need to shoot on film? Make do with what you have, my fucking god.... She's holding her ground yet not accomplishing anything. 

I'm a fan and all and support her, but you all had reason behind the perceived rage too. I think everyone here wants her to succeed and that's where that comes from regardless of how harsh some of you are lol.

I guess we'll see. 

And maybe my username is still good for now.

I’ve been a fan since 2014ish-the hell

30 minutes ago, 111 said:

the sympathy and attention she gets from her sob stories and victim playing scratch that itch far more than actually following up on her promises, seeking legal help if needed and being a professional consistent artist. she's not stuck or blocked, capitol lets her do whatever she wants - yes they appear to be assholes with money, making her record ntmt in 2 weeks or so with her money, telling her to shoot a video on an iphone... i get it, not having your label support you financially is a shame and makes things difficult. but the only reason why she hasn't gone independent is because she will end up having to self fund everything and that's not what she wants, she wants the $$ to play as she wants and she uses the lack of money as her excuse, her sob story for every interview she did this year. she has full creative control, picking don't forget and downhill in mid '10s as her singles, doing her videos and tracklists as she likes, working with the producers she wants. no one's blocking her from doing anything. she subconsciously enjoys the position she is in right now because it benefits her in some way being in this victim role, otherwise she would have done any of the things mentioned here ages ago to at least get stuff out. there are artists far less fortunate than her who fund their entire careers out of pocket with whatever little they have, she believes she is entitled for a lot more and until she gets that she is going to play this game. i don't doubt capitol was hurt cause she fought to switch her image back then and played by her own rules, she must have been a difficult brat for sure and i believe that they compromised by telling her "okay, you can cosplay as this DIY indie alternative artist, but there won't be any budget for you girl" and that's what she got. but deep down she wants to be that manufactured girl behind the scenes, but she wants to have the DIY authentic indie persona. how many identical writer demos or dev hynes type of stories we gon hear about her to realise she goes into the studio and practically gets stuff made for her she just records some vocals for and pretends it's all authentic and genuine. "She went on to say that it “bothered” her that Hynes sings “Everything Is Embarrassing” live and introduces it as a song he wrote for her". of course it bothers her that the truth is told and it exposes her phony authenticity. haven't we all heard those identical writer demos for songs made years after? no genuine songwriter would be questioned like this regarding their input, except for dua lipa who also does the same shit but she is another story. this is why you won't see her going independent even though she can and you can tell she cares more being a victim, feeling entitled and having public drama with her label. if she cared so much about being an actual artist, you'd see it from her live performances and gigs. but no, she had to show up significantly late to every show, have "sound issues" (you just can't sing girl) and look like she just crawled out of a hole. everything is really embarrassing huh. 

I will say in her defence partially and this is industry standard, some write songs and get people to reference them for melodies-it doesn’t necessarily mean she didn’t write anything but yeah the dev hynes song has like one or two words changed max.

5 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

How much longer can she realistically sing Boys live...or release a song about the tortured little girl or the real bad girl...she's not in her twenties anymore and if she waits forever it's just going to be Avril Lavigne-level cringe to be singing about these things

I think Cyndi Lauper was 30 when “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” was released so it’s not a big deal for me personally but I do agree that some songs on NTMT are so juvenile (as much as I like them). This is why I’d been excited for her to follow it up with something that showed evolution both sonically and personally, more age-appropriate for her to sing. 

29 minutes ago, 111 said:

she subconsciously enjoys the position she is in right now because it benefits her in some way being in this victim role, otherwise she would have done any of the things mentioned here ages ago to at least get stuff out. there are artists far less fortunate than her who fund their entire careers out of pocket with whatever little they have, she believes she is entitled for a lot more and until she gets that she is going to play this game.

if she cared so much about being an actual artist, you'd see it from her live performances and gigs. but no, she had to show up significantly late to every show, have "sound issues" (you just can't sing girl) and look like she just crawled out of a hole. everything is really embarrassing huh. 

:popcorn: another great post. she does truly enjoy the attention, it's very poor me!!!! like girl......get a fucking LAWYER. we don't give a fuck anymore.

i need someone to tell me why she was wearing massive jackets to every festival performance as well......it's a bit odd to be wearing that when it's 80 degrees outside....just sayin! :hillary:

4 minutes ago, letterblue said:

i need someone to tell me why she was wearing massive jackets to every festival performance as well......it's a bit odd to be wearing that when it's 80 degrees outside....just sayin! :hillary:

I think that’s just always been her go to style right? The jacket/coat over nightgown combo is I guess what she feels most comfortable in, I wouldn’t read too much into it. The heat must be unbearable though, I personally wouldn’t but to each their own. 

2 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

Yeah, Sky herself said in the most recent interview I think that the new songs are more mature. I want to hear her evolution as an artist. Don't Forget is fine but I don't think it's the grand statement she needed to make at this point in her career. She says her twenties were defined by hardship and I want to feel that pain and growth reflected in her new music.

Agreed 100%, I know she’d always intended for Don’t Forget to be a single but Descending would’ve been an even bigger moment for her/would’ve had more staying power imo.

I was actually a bit disappointed with don’t forget-I really like downhill lullaby bar the shoddy mixing admitted by her as it sounded like growth and a continuation from title track, guardian should have been the lead single-don’t forget feels like ntmt filler to me.

28 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I will say in her defence partially and this is industry standard, some write songs and get people to reference them for melodies-it doesn’t necessarily mean she didn’t write anything but yeah the dev hynes song has like one or two words changed max.

The dramatics on here about these Justin Raisen demos is a bit much... Sky also never claimed to have written Guardian or Legends, so is it really even an 'expose'.

I haven't listened to Justin's Guardian demo in ages, but there's lyric changes and a whole new verse on Sky's version of Legends that she might've written.

Spoiler

I don't care to be honest though, I'll eat the songs up if they're good and she sings them (her versions always sound better too even though I'm biased)

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕