TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

3 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

None of us know the woman-geez I didn’t know the industry insiders had the scoop on this woman. The constant essays yet again^^^ you must love the woman or wouldn’t post here

now you can go ahead and quote the creature that wrote me a short story and let them know that shit was odd as fuck. nobody else has written an essay about this woman. we’re just chatting and trying to understand the situation.

i’ll admit, i did love Sky Ferreira at one point in my life but she’s an untrustworthy person at this point and i need the lies to stop.

12 minutes ago, letterblue said:

nobody else has written an essay about this woman. 

Me when I've never read a single page of this thread:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

13 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Me when I've never read a single page of this thread:

you and a lot of others have this issue where you can’t stay on topic so you choose to attack other users. it’s not my fault you don’t know what an essay is!

ot: Sky Ferreira has liked another #FreeSkyFerreira comment on her latest Instagram Post.

i have to laugh!

5 hours ago, letterblue said:

you and a lot of others have this issue where you can’t stay on topic so you choose to attack other users. it’s not my fault you don’t know what an essay is!

If you took my post as a personal attack towards you...... get well soon mate.

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Letterblue... this is not a safe space, please remove yourself if you can't take the heat lol. Most ppl here get the vibe

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna

2 minutes ago, Air said:

Letterblue... this is not a safe space, please remove yourself if you can't take the heat lol. Most ppl here get the vibe

i don’t need a safe space dear! thanks for looking out though.

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

Can somebody here use their energy to seduce one of the gay higher ups from capitol instead 

no bc they’re all homophobic and they know that sky’s fanbase is 90% just gays and that’s the reason they’re sabotaging every single thing she ever does. they don’t want to see gay people happy

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

6 hours ago, Mountain said:

Good morning!

aretha-franklin-sit.gif

I was surprised to see your comment for this thread... and then I wasn't.

Further proof of a deep generational chasm that divides LanaBoards into two camps; the twentysomething pop sophisticates with 15 to 20 years of top-shelf pop consumption to their name, and an unruly kid crew with Scream Queens avatars and tributes to Nick Jonas in their signatures. It's not that the latter generation is a lost cause entirely, but they've clearly never heard a "Sky Ferreira" — that is, they've never encountered a voice quite as distinctive as Sky's. "But I know Sky! Night Time, My Time was the first album I bought!" First off, ask for a refund. And no, you don't know Sky, you know a very stilted and subdued version of the iconic performer.

The Sky of "Masochism" is Sky as Sky is intended to sound. She very skillfully vacillates between a range of tones; she nasally, then guttural, then grainy, then nasally again, then delicate. (And yes, that's how she's supposed to do it.) She's sultry. She's goofy. She's sounds slightly absurd. She's fully engaged. She's expressive in ways that "technically superior" vocalists just aren't. She is brilliant. You have no idea how brilliant she is.

This is the probably purest attempt Sky has made to harness some of that ineffable charm that made her early work so irresistible. I adore it.