TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

5 hours ago, rollwithme said:

“Hopefully” girl what the hell are u talking about like u don’t decide the release

The label decides.. it’s blatant they’ve shelved her, it happens to artists all the time. It’s exactly what’s been happening with all the records she’s made under capitol & didn’t get to put out before As If-Night Time. Night Time was a major FINALLY moment for the fans, it’s a miracle it ever even saw the light of day. Given her outspokenness & the antiquated misogynistic mindset the execs at one of the world’s biggest labels have (the office in LA is beyond superfluous and massive) it fully feels like a power position for not playing the game the way they’ve wanted her to since Obsession

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

1 hour ago, eyelovelefteye said:

The label decides.. it’s blatant they’ve shelved her, it happens to artists all the time. It’s exactly what’s been happening with all the records she’s made under capitol & didn’t get to put out before As If-Night Time. Night Time was a major FINALLY moment for the fans, it’s a miracle it ever even saw the light of day. Given her outspokenness & the antiquated misogynistic mindset the execs at one of the world’s biggest labels have (the office in LA is beyond superfluous and massive) it fully feels like a power position for not playing the game the way they’ve wanted her to since Obsession

I am fully willing to believe this if Sky communicates that to us but ever since the Don’t Forget roll out (if you can call it one) she hasn’t given us any transparency on the delays other than she fired the DF video editor because she didn’t like how it came out and is doing it herself - never to be mentioned again.

49 minutes ago, rollwithme said:

I am fully willing to believe this if Sky communicates that to us but ever since the Don’t Forget roll out (if you can call it one) she hasn’t given us any transparency on the delays other than she fired the DF video editor because she didn’t like how it came out and is doing it herself - never to be mentioned again.

She literally said she was trying to put out Descending a few months ago… you know nothing about the industry if you think any artist, let alone one in a 360 deal, has any say when their material comes out. She’s not a priority to them and hasn’t been since Obsession didn’t take off. As someone who watched the trajectory since 2010 I wouldn’t expect the Don’t Forget video

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

1 hour ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Not Megsuperstarprincess at the latest Sky show :sky:

Hide contents

****NYC Instagram poster, overshares on her blog and ig stories, indie sleaze style, etc. They just remind me of each other so that was funny how she went

Meg-Sky-1.jpg

Meg-Sky-2.jpg

Why are you surprised she went? Meg is the OG. She's a huge fan of Lana. 

2 hours ago, eyelovelefteye said:

She literally said she was trying to put out Descending a few months ago… you know nothing about the industry if you think any artist, let alone one in a 360 deal, has any say when their material comes out. She’s not a priority to them and hasn’t been since Obsession didn’t take off. As someone who watched the trajectory since 2010 I wouldn’t expect the Don’t Forget video

There have been insiders that have claimed otherwise, contradicting that post about Descending as well as what you are claiming here. But their claims are just as factual as your conjectures are.

At the end of the day we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes outside of what Sky tells us. And she’s kept us in the dark with no explanation of what’s really going on with the album and what this tour even means, if it means anything.

23 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

I think the tour was testing the waters. Clearly her fanbase is still here which should motivate her for a bigger tour, and an album. 

maybe enough for her to squash it on capital faces, not like they will care tho. but i guess it makes her money to keep going

12 minutes ago, howtobeaheartbreaker said:

Question for the culture: why is she still performing Guardian if it's scrapped?

she doesn't have other songs

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

honestly she sounded so good at the NYC show and she performed rly well. (everyone saying she was late, she rly wasn’t. she was originally scheduled for 11;45 which was pushed earlier to 11:30 but she still came out @ 11:50)

4 hours ago, howtobeaheartbreaker said:

Question for the culture: why is she still performing Guardian if it's scrapped?

4 hours ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

Who said it was scrapped?

1 hour ago, cranekiss said:

she did like 5 years ago

No Masochism song is scrapped until there's an official tracklist with an official release date. 

We all know how messy is her way of work, maybe we might get songs like Guardian and I Pray For Rain that we thought would have been scrapped by now or even that she confirmed to be scrapped years ago. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde