TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

It's been a year since Night Time,My Time came out (& I'm still not allowed to post the actual album cover due to nudity). It's been the longest/shortest year of my life. Thank you for all of your support. This is all been very surreal. When I was about to release the album, I was told to have no expectations & that most people wouldn't like it etc. Only 2 people at my label were willing to somewhat promote it (I'm signed to a major). The only people that truly did was Lance Turner,my fans, & I. It ended up being top 5 of iTunes within the first two hours it was released & sold up to 100k copies (without label support or radio) which is a really big deal. I put whatever I had into this album,including any money I had. In order to make the songs & noise & visuals I wanted whether it was the album cover or music videos. @.grant_singer made my videos the best & everything I dreamed of even with limited resources (I also made the album when we were living together).I ended up being able to tour 5 continents with the help of @bobbycory @andyjdcook & @mileycyrus. @justinlraisen & @arielrechtshaid helped me find my voice. The last person I wanted to thank was Steve Barnett for letting me finally release it when he just started working at EMI....and most of all @lovealienzzz for being my main inspiration . This album will always mean so much to me. Not only because it was my first album (and took almost 7 years to be released) but it's something I'll always remain proud of because it's something I wanted to make so badly & was made out of nothing but creativity & hard work. It really stands for so many things in my life & I'm really really really grateful for all of the support & the people who helped me to make it REAL  (sorry the giant post) ::Photo by Gaspar Noe::

By Sky herself on Facebook

This album deserves all the success, she went through a lot of shit for this.

Still waiting for the other b-sides Sky...

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Still waiting for the other b-sides Sky...

I don't think we're gonna get them :( I hope I'm proved wrong. 

How amazing would that have been though if at the end of Sky's facebook post she said "anyway thank you all so much for support and here are pt. 2 of the NTMT b-sides" :defeated:

H0bDaqU.gif

Anyone collecting Sky remixes? Official ones that is. All I know of is:

-One remix EP

-EIE (Twin Shadow)

-EIE (Unknown Mortal Orchestra)

-YNTO remix EP

Anything else?

Obsession got a Remix EP, if I remember correctly. I think there's some more EiE remixes too, but I can't remember if they're official or not.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

she posted this on her FB: 

"Nothing more irritating than a bunch of 20 something year old boys pretending to be music industry insiders & knowing what would make me a better woman. Perhaps you should trying being a female & doing my job (& stick to your guns) & see if you could do it SO much better? Thanks."

does anyone know what this is in reference to?

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

"Nothing more irritating than a bunch of 20 something year old boys pretending to be music industry insiders & knowing what would make me a better woman. Perhaps you should trying being a female & doing my job (& stick to your guns) & see if you could do it SO much better? Thanks."

This thread..

That's nice Sky but go ahead and release Pretty Dull

I saw Sky today

She was def better than last time

Her vox were drowned by the bass.

She held my hand a couple times and stared into my soul

It was a great show

afterwards, Johnny told me sky would meet us

but then she didnt lol

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

I saw Sky today

She was def better than last time

Her vox were drowned by the bass.

She held my hand a couple times and stared into my soul

It was a great show

afterwards, Johnny told me sky would meet us

but then she didnt lol

Quite usual. When I saw her, the venue manager said she would meet me and three of my friends because we collaborated with the promotion for the show here via Sky Ferreira Brasil but then she didn't too.

Quite usual. When I saw her, the venue manager said she would meet me and three of my friends because we collaborated with the promotion for the show here via Sky Ferreira Brasil but then she didn't too.

i mean its fine, i'm not a super hardcore fan

but i can't believe she wouldn't meet with you guys who promoted show...

a photographer and his 2 friends got to go and meet with her and when the friends came out they said she didn't give a fuck about them and didnt pay attention to them lol

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

i mean its fine, i'm not a super hardcore fan

but i can't believe she wouldn't meet with you guys who promoted show...

a photographer and his 2 friends got to go and meet with her and when the friends came out they said she didn't give a fuck about them and didnt pay attention to them lol

LOL, it's typical of Sky. I don't think she does it because she purposely likes neglecting her fans but she's kinda messy, so yeah.

LOL, it's typical of Sky. I don't think she does it because she purposely likes neglecting her fans but she's kinda messy, so yeah.

She doesn't owe her fans anything besides a good concert so if you think of it like that, then it's fine haha. She could be nicer or try to meet more but that's not really a priority it looks like (and thats fine--I just won't try to meet her)

BVT4uKe.jpg   

My first album cover shot by ALBERT WATSON that I shot on my 16th birthday (or the day after or something). It's super lo res (because the original photo is in my computer from like 6 years ago.) The album was never released and in a basement somewhere & I used to be able to sit on my hair

:crying: