TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

She needs to honestly leak the album.

The label clearly doesn't give a fuck so she needs to pull what the Death Grips did when they leaked their second album

BzhmW.png

I hope it's clear to everyone that it is not Sky's fault that the album has been pushed back. Basically nothing that has affected Sky's career negatively was her fault. Her album that would come out in January 2011 was pushed back because of leaks and she had to re-record a lot of stuff if she wanted to release them.

She posted a picture of the final album already, she is no longer recording anything. The songs she want there are already done. She's performing basically all the new songs in a few days. It's the label's fault that I Will hasn't been announced yet, and it's also their fault that "You're Not the One" is yet to be released. She doesn't postpone things to "piss her fans off."

As a long-time fan, I am already used to these push-backs because I understand that things are not easy for Sky. She worked very hard to come up with a team that really cares about her work and she's said some times that she has total control over the new record, so I am sure that it will be worth it (whenever) it comes out.

But not Charli having her album out before Sky (and LONG before Sky at that) even when her album was pushed back for months as well, and Sky has had the hype/been on the scene way longer.  :defeated:

She honestly should be on her 2nd or 3rd album, it's just so ridiculous... Now Charli is blowing up and Sky is being forgotten because she STILL hasn't released an album. It's just such a shame because she had so much hype and it feels like everyone else is doing laps around her now and it'll be hard for her to catch up... Charli and Grimes were supposed to be her peers but they are both getting their success already while she's still playing games with her debut release date...

(btw I don't mean specifically "her". I'm aware it's not her fault, I just mean in general it sucks what's going on with her album, whoever or whatever is responsible for it. This really isn't good for her)

But not Charli having her album out before Sky (and LONG before Sky at that) even when her album was pushed back for months as well, and Sky has had the hype/been on the scene way longer.  :defeated:

She honestly should be on her 2nd or 3rd album, it's just so ridiculous... Now Charli is blowing up and Sky is being forgotten because she STILL hasn't released an album. It's just such a shame because she had so much hype and it feels like everyone else is doing laps around her now and it'll be hard for her to catch up... Charli and Grimes were supposed to be her peers but they are both getting their success already while she's still playing games with her debut release date...

(btw I don't mean specifically "her". I'm aware it's not her fault, I just mean in general it sucks what's going on with her album, whoever or whatever is responsible for it. This really isn't good for her)

Grimes and Charli were supposed to be her peers just because of the V Magazine cover. Grimes had her first album in 2010 and Charli only released "Stay Away" back in early 2011 (not to mention that she already had a released album, it wasn't just a major released). They have never been associated...

I am not sure if all of you read most of the news about Sky or what people say about her but what I see is that every time she releases something new, there's always "hype" around it. People mentioned AS IF! as being her "long-awaited first EP," "Everything Is Embarrassing" was totally hyped on Pitchfork and everywhere else. It's true that we can't compare the hype that was around her back in 2010 to what she has now, even though it's still a lot, specially because of her campaigns and modeling works.

I am 100% sure Sky doesn't care about releasing her album when she's hyped, she just wants to be satisfied with her debut record. Now, as I said, Sky isn't recording anymore and she's just waiting for the label announcement, there's nothing else for her to do. This album will come out.

To be clear, YOU ARE A BANDWAGONNER if you can just 'stop stanning for a bit'. You're just liking them 'cause they're at their peak, but stop 'cause they've died down?

If you stan for somebody, you stick with them for like ever. It's kinda irky that people throw 'stan' around like nothing.

A few months ago I even seen a post that had a list of who they stanned for throughout the year. With like two different artists every month of 2012. Like, no.

Wow, who knew 'stanning' is a serious occupation that entails a post like this. Don't you think you take this a little bit too far? Reading that post gives me the impression that everyone who has not been with the artist since the very beginning is supposed to kill themselves because their (pseudo-)stanning practices are too mediocre to be worthy. That sense of elitism in fan bases is extremely repulsive. Like, no.

I'm not ranting at you, but I just think that post was pretty out of line... and obsessed, not in a good way. 

To be clear, YOU ARE A BANDWAGONNER if you can just 'stop stanning for a bit'. You're just liking them 'cause they're at their peak, but stop 'cause they've died down?

If you stan for somebody, you stick with them for like ever. It's kinda irky that people throw 'stan' around like nothing.

A few months ago I even seen a post that had a list of who they stanned for throughout the year. With like two different artists every month of 2012. Like, no.

But I'm not a "bandwagoner".... Sky is one of my favorite artists.. I just don't take the word "stan" seriously so when I say I might have to stop "stanning" for her I mean it as a joke because idk if I really stan for her now. I mean, she's one of my favorite artists and I can't suddenly choose to like her or her music that much less because her album comes out later than I was expecting.. It's just a joke because of how frustrating it is. I would say she's my 3rd favorite artist right now though.

Grimes and Charli were supposed to be her peers just because of the V Magazine cover. Grimes had her first album in 2010 and Charli only released "Stay Away" back in early 2011 (not to mention that she already had a released album, it wasn't just a major released). They have never been associated...

I am not sure if all of you read most of the news about Sky or what people say about her but what I see is that every time she releases something new, there's always "hype" around it. People mentioned AS IF! as being her "long-awaited first EP," "Everything Is Embarrassing" was totally hyped on Pitchfork and everywhere else. It's true that we can't compare the hype that was around her back in 2010 to what she has now, even though it's still a lot, specially because of her campaigns and modeling works.

I am 100% sure Sky doesn't care about releasing her album when she's hyped, she just wants to be satisfied with her debut record. Now, as I said, Sky isn't recording anymore and she's just waiting for the label announcement, there's nothing else for her to do. This album will come out.

I'm pretty sure she's gotten to this point before with her other albums and they've still been shelved so I'm still very skeptical because it's playing out like it has before

BzhmW.png

Yea even though she posted that picture of the "finished" album, if it has to be pushed back again, I don't believe it's ACTUALLY finished... She's probably changing it again/adding to it, if not completely shelving it. 

I don't really like Gaga but I started on ATRL and I remember all the times she said ARTPOP was basically done and they are still waiting for it and it's still being pushed back more and more all the time.

edit: She just posted this on facebook... Is this just like a preview or is this it? I don't understand short film... I want more!

http://www.nowness.com/day/2013/6/20/3114/sky-ferreira-in-real-life

Wow, who knew 'stanning' is a serious occupation that entails a post like this. Don't you think you take this a little bit too far? Reading that post gives me the impression that everyone who has not been with the artist since the very beginning is supposed to kill themselves because their (pseudo-)stanning practices are too mediocre to be worthy. That sense of elitism in fan bases is extremely repulsive. Like, no.

I'm not ranting at you, but I just think that post was pretty out of line... and obsessed, not in a good way. 

No, I'm just saying if you say you stan for somebody, make sure you really stan for them. I've been a fan of Sky way longer than I have of Charli and I still don't say I stan for Sky. I'm a fan, there's nothing wrong with being a fan.

I guess it all depends on what your definiton of a "stan" is... I like having a "trinity" so I put Sky with Marina and Charli, but truthfully I am just not AS into her as I am into them. I honestly blame the fact that we still don't have an album for me to get into though. It's hard to "stan" for someone without an album.. (Charli being an exception because of all her mixtapes and songs she released all the time that ended up being on the album)

I just bought a physical cd copy of 'Ghost'  :woot:

I'm so addicted to 'Lost in my Bedroom' I had to buy the cd :flutter:

I also want to buy the 'As If!' EP in the future, but I just spent all my money so I guess I have to wait for that

And about the pushing back of the album (to not make this post completely random), I don't really mind, I think September is a better month to bring out the album so she can plan things better and rework the last tracks

y'all need to relax, we've waited this long a month more won't kill anybody

she's shooting the new video july 1-2 with grant so the single is coming. she's discussed the photoshoot for the packaging and as stated above, the album's been sequenced and finalized. i don't agree with the "true stan!!!1" nonsense that was happening a few posts before me but imo, hoping for a leak by her or by anyone else bc you're impatient is ridic... think how impatient sky must feel, this is afterall her chosen career and her main passion in life. she wants the album out even more than any of us do.

tumblr_mg9v6lYlwT1qhhn3go1_500.png

y'all need to relax, we've waited this long a month more won't kill anybody

she's shooting the new video july 1-2 with grant so the single is coming. she's discussed the photoshoot for the packaging and as stated above, the album's been sequenced and finalized. i don't agree with the "true stan!!!1" nonsense that was happening a few posts before me but imo, hoping for a leak by her or by anyone else bc you're impatient is ridic... think how impatient sky must feel, this is afterall her chosen career and her main passion in life. she wants the album out even more than any of us do.

Omg when/where?

Omg when/where?

interview with noisey/vice:

it’s ten up-tempo songs, all still pretty electronic, although for some reason it comes across more pop-rocky live. I’m still trying to make it sound more like the record when we play it, which hopefully will get done because I have some shows coming up pretty soon. I’ve actually just been finishing the artwork for the album, it’s simple, but intense. There’s not much to it. but there is a lot to it. Does that make sense? Probably not. You just have to see it.

http://noisey.vice.com/en_au/blog/sky-ferreira-on-turning-21-weird-internet-rumors-and-amanda-bynes-brain

didn't even realize until i went back to find the quote that she tells us the album has 10 tracks!

didn't even realize until i went back to find the quote that she tells us the album has 10 tracks!

!?!?!

Hopefully she decided to leave behind most of her Ghost tracks and that's it :horror:

from every database i know of that lists songs she's written i've got a list of exactly 10 songs co-written with ariel or blake

everything is embarrassing

sad dream

ghost

lost in my bedroom

pretty dull

24 hours

love in stereo

ain't your right

i can't say no to myself

home sweet home

then, of course, there's you're not the one which as the first single will obv be on the album, bringing us to 11

if i had to guess, she won't put ghost on the album bc it's had the least overall impact of the songs on the ep (red lips i'm not even factoring in bc she's made it abundantly clear that even if at one point that was the direction she was considering, it bares no sonic resemblance to the album). eie is her money song if she's ever had one, lost in my bedroom was early on cited as indicative of at least 50% of the album, and sad dream means a ton to her and has been cited as indicative of the other 50%.