TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

I can see why Sky might like ONE, and loathe 17 and Obsession. One actually has some interesting lyrical ideas and quite quirky production wise. The other 2 songs are pretty garbage edgy!!! teen nonsense which she clearly didn't relate to. 

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna

I can see why Sky might like ONE, and loathe 17 and Obsession. One actually has some interesting lyrical ideas and quite quirky production wise. The other 2 songs are pretty garbage edgy!!! teen nonsense which she clearly didn't relate to.

17 is the most like her recent work out of all of them though

Obsession and and the as if ep are garbage though

She didn't write Obsession and she's said in multiple interviews she was thrown into a studio one day with Ryan Tedder and they had her record it and she thought it was just gonna be a demo for someone else and then they made it the lead single for Cry Baby without her having any say in it. She said she didn't like it from the second she heard it because it didn't fit her style at all. I don't understand how she doesn't like 17 though. She wrote that one. She also co-wrote all of As If! except for Traces, which Neon has stated she wrote every word of despite the fact it isn't registered that way. Honestly if she had never done Obsession we probably would've gotten a lot more electropop from her back then. She said having to release that and promote it left a bad taste in her mouth and she felt like a sell-out.

TjmiIK4.png

I can't believe y'all dislike the As If! EP and 17 like ok they're not the best songs Sky has but they're all bops and honestly the Greg Kurstin and Bloodshy & Avant productions are incredible. She really could have it all, she was like a dark Britney which I was totally down for.

giphy.gif

99 Tears is the best song that came out of the pre-ghost era so! Enough fanfiction

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna

Haters Annonymous alone makes As If! worth it.

From the 3 singles, One if my least favorite lol. Obsession video is lowkey iconic that even Selena Gomez stole it years later and "17" is so messed up that it's nice. One is the sis that just does nowhere, but bop I guess.

Most of her electropop (unreleased) stuff was golden because it's interesting lyrics + top notch production. They were really A-List stuff that you would expect from main pop girls.

why did she tease a bunch of shit then not post them though? can somebody leak her old stuff

I'm pretty sure she said that she didn't have the rights to them so wasn't allowed to post in full.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1