TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

Do you think Guardian will make it into Masochism?

The last she said about it was last year and that she still plans to release it, just not on the album. She said after the first album singles it would come out but it's Sky so take it how you will.

24 Hours and You're Not the One are pop. Everything Is Embarrassing was not even on that album. Then there's Can't Say No to Myself if you count the B sides. Anyways, I'm ecstatic that my Sky collection is expanding!

everything is embarassing was on there maybe not the us version but it definitely was on mine and those songs are 80s new wave style pop rock tunes.

I'm just here to express how amazed I am by the instrumental for that Lullaby song, whew, I've never cared about this gal before but shit, that's like cinematic and grunge at the same time?? Super low and dark, I can only imagine if Lana had a song like this (and sang with a lighter register).

I'mma keep this on repeat for a little while. :candy:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

You know what - it's not the waiting that has made the gap between NTMT and now so hard, it has been the false promises, the fake hype, and Sky's attitude. But I'm like happy to forgive all that if it really has been as hard as she says it has been with the label and producers and shit, cause you can tell she really has been honestly so particular and dedicated to getting the right sound, which is what makes the music so good. I just feel like every decision on the track has been made for a reason and she has really been trying to not compromise.

I mean comparing her music from 2011 to now (which has been like 3 releases  :toofloppy: ) shows her music get more authentic, less pop and generic and has also improved in quality. So, what I'm trying to say is I'm happy to wait for her releases but if she could like delete social media between album cycles that would be great.

god i listened to Guardian again and whew god I want this track so badly. She said she would release it after the first two songs right? I hope she pulls thru

do you guys think we will actually get anything else this calendar year? i’m being serious not shady here

The author of that Pitchfork article did say Sky showed her another song... if she's comfortable enough showing it to press I assume it's ready for the GP as well?? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif