TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

I read somewhere that sky was abused as a child and shes kinda said it in an interview. does anyone know anything? is it true?

She also mentioned it in her Fader interview because I got a copy of that issue.

BzhmW.png

There's something I noticed a long time ago, but I don't know if any of you or even Sky herself has brought that up already. If so, please don't crucify me. 

It seems as Sky has been particularly inspired by David Bowie for the stage set-up of her performances earlier this year. For his Isolar tours in 1976 and 1978, Bowie had a tube light cage built, consisting of - wait for it - dozens of tube lights. 

tumblr_lu0cfjumkk1qmwq38o1_500.jpg9878578904_88b992df02.jpg

Sky who has been outspoken about being inspired and fascinated by Bowie's Berlin recordings, Low among them, might have drawn on that. I think it's a nice addition to the stage set-up. And a tastefully executed homage, if you will.

Just thought I'd share that.

I know this is probably a HUGE reach and what I'm about to put is not meant to be in relation to Sky's arrest in any way.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I also feel that the album might influenced by a film Christiane F. (For those who don't know it's based on a true story a girl who becomes a heroin addict at 14 in Berlin, I've seen the film and read the book which I recommend if anyone is interested). David Bowie features in the film and did the soundtrack http://www.allmusic.com/album/christiane-f-wir-kinder-original-soundtrack-mw0000591010

The only reason I know about this film is because Sky has the movie poster in her apartment

a2_yexrl.jpg

I also wondered when I saw the track list whether Kristine might be a reference to Christiane but I'm probably waaaaaaaay off the mark.

Just thought I would share after seeing DUKE's post :)

new last.fm

I know this is probably a HUGE reach and what I'm about to put is not meant to be in relation to Sky's arrest in any way.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I also feel that the album might influenced by a film Christiane F. (For those who don't know it's based on a true story a girl who becomes a heroin addict at 14 in Berlin, I've seen the film and read the book which I recommend if anyone is interested). David Bowie features in the film and did the soundtrack http://www.allmusic.com/album/christiane-f-wir-kinder-original-soundtrack-mw0000591010

The only reason I know about this film is because Sky has the movie poster in her apartment

a2_yexrl.jpg

I also wondered when I saw the track list whether Kristine might be a reference to Christiane but I'm probably waaaaaaaay off the mark.

Great find, really! :gclap:

Bowie even features in that film during that exact tour Sky supposedly referenced. :flutter: It indeed is one fascinating time, the mid-1970s, so I'm not surprised she might be inspired by it on many different levels. Needless to say, the book and film have reached sort of must-read and must-see status among Bowie fans. Especially because the film bases on the music heard on Low, "Heroes" and Lodger.

I like that Sky isn't doing the usual bog-standard Bowie references. On the other hand, who's surprised that she doesn't:legend:

a2_yexrl.jpg

Kristine was a typo, it's Christine and Pitchfork just fucked up.

She corrected it via Twitter

BzhmW.png

Great find, really! :gclap:

Bowie even features in that film during that exact tour Sky supposedly referenced. :flutter: It indeed is one fascinating time, the mid-1970s, so I'm not surprised she might be inspired by it on many different levels. Needless to say, the book and film have reached sort of must-read and must-see status among Bowie fans. Especially because the film bases on the music heard on Low, "Heroes" and Lodger.

I like that Sky isn't doing the usual bog-standard Bowie references. On the other hand, who's surprised that she doesn't:legend:

Thank you! :)

Ahh I never realised it was the exact tour! I'm really happy the route she is taking, at first when she told us she wasn't making 'pop' music anymore I felt quite meh about the whole thing, but I'm glad I stuck with it as I can't wait to hear the final products especially if she's drawing from Bowie :D

Kristine was a typo, it's Christine and Pitchfork just fucked up.

She corrected it via Twitter

Ah thank you! I had completely forgotten about that

new last.fm

Another David Bowie reference:

About You're Not the One...

The live version of the song has been floating around for awhile, but Ferreira says the final mix, helmed by“Everything Is Embarrassing”/all the best pop songs of the last few years producer Ariel Rechtshaid, is “super poppy.” (This is great news for those of us who actually didn’t mind the “One” era all that much.) “The production is super-inspired by Low by David Bowie,” Ferreira said. “I wanted to make a super-poppy version. 

http://idolator.com/7455502/sky-ferreira-youre-not-the-one-next-single

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Btw, did Sky and Cole broke up? 
I mean, if it's not Sky fault about the heroin, then it's Cole's, she might be mad at him.

I haven't seen any picture of both together or Cole posting Sky pics or viceversa.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I mean, if it's not Sky fault about the heroin, then it's Cole's, she might be mad at him.

I haven't seen any picture of both together or Cole posting Sky pics or viceversa.

they performed together the next night

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

they performed together the next night

Cole was also at Sky's show two days ago, some fans met both of them!

She's throwing an album release party on 10/27 in LA

THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING

I NEED DETAILS

I got a notification from the Bandsintown app that she was doing another concert on that date. Does that mean it's open to the public? :excited: