TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

I think the video is going to be the best Sky ever did, and it's making me so excited. I hope she releases it along with the single next week to help with the promo.

And I find it fun that Sky and everyone pronounces her name in English (obviously, as she's American). The name is Portuguese though and it's originally pronounced "fe-hay-ra." Once a guy from MTV Brazil interviewed her and he said "Sky Fe-hay-ra" and she kind of told him how to pronounce it properly. :teehee:

It's /fɛrɑɪrə/, to be pedantically, phonologically correct. :flutter: 

I have know about Sky for a long time already because has been begging me to listen to her for ages, literally. But it hasn't been until 2012 that I actually gave her a try. I have been a casual listener ever since but always had problems with seeing through her. I think I remotely understand why her record label has had tremendous problems with marketing her because the question is: what is typically Sky Ferreira? I still am not quite sure as to what the answer is because she's obviously been growing as a person and as an artist these past years. 

The album has been, as probably all of us know, subject to many delays and cancellations. Entire recorded potential debut albums were scrapped, and two EPs were released instead. With Night Time, My Time being as dangerously close to release as never before, I have the impression that this time, she's very confident in her work. After so many changes and seemingly endless recommencements, I am convinced this record will be a perfect debut album; one that she probably won't be ashamed of in a couple of years. 

i first heard obsession in like 2010 and thought it was cool & wanted to listen to her album but obv there wasn't one so i kind of forgot about her and then she kept popping up on terry richardson's blog & i thought she'd become a socialite and she still had barely released anything and idk...some of her songs i kinda like but i feel like she's not focused on music at all. not sure though

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

It's /fɛrɑɪrə/, to be pedantically, phonologically correct. :flutter: 

I have know about Sky for a long time already because has been begging me to listen to her for ages, literally. But it hasn't been until 2012 that I actually gave her a try. I have been a casual listener ever since but always had problems with seeing through her. I think I remotely understand why her record label has had tremendous problems with marketing her because the question is: what is typically Sky Ferreira? I still am not quite sure as to what the answer is because she's obviously been growing as a person and as an artist these past years. 

The album has been, as probably all of us know, subject to many delays and cancellations. Entire recorded potential debut albums were scrapped, and two EPs were released instead. With Night Time, My Time being as dangerously close to release as never before, I have the impression that this time, she's very confident in her work. After so many changes and seemingly endless recommencements, I am convinced this record will be a perfect debut album; one that she probably won't be ashamed of in a couple of years. 

:flutter:

i first heard obsession in like 2010 and thought it was cool & wanted to listen to her album but obv there wasn't one so i kind of forgot about her and then she kept popping up on terry richardson's blog & i thought she'd become a socialite and she still had barely released anything and idk...some of her songs i kinda like but i feel like she's not focused on music at all. not sure though

That's how the majority of people see her, in fact: someone who's not focused on music and who's just another Tumblr it-girl, but I can make you sure that Sky's focus is on her music career. What happens with her is that, unfortunately, she's been having problems with her label, her releases and producers since 2009, and being uncomfortable with her position and how people were trying to market her, it also collaborated to her releases being so delayed and eventually canceled.

The reason to why we constantly see Sky in covers of magazines and campaigns is because she's kind of hyped as a model, and I'd say some kind of internet sensation too, not to mention that it's by modeling that Sky is able to get money to keep her apartment and the traveling and everything else. I get what you mean when you say that you like some of the songs but you think that she's not focused, though, because back then when she had to make some songs like "Lolita" and "Obsession," she wasn't focused at all while people were investing thousands and thousands on her trying to make her the new 17-year-old Britney.

Sky's career is so embarrassing.  :facepalm:  I need to stop listening to her & like go away for a year than come back.

Life is beautiful, but you don't have a clue