TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

8 minutes ago, backseat said:

one thing that really discouraged me is when masochism songs that she had posted snippets of started leaking and the songs weren’t even done.. like when she posted that snippet of all to myself a few years ago and i was so obsessed with it and it was so good but then it leaked and it was literally just an instrumental with 1 verse and half of a chorus written. that makes me scared that even songs like don’t forget were never finished

I don't understand this logic, just because early demos of certain songs got leaked doesn't mean that later versions don't exist. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Well this is a music artist thread and I get that it's very frustrated that almost a decade has passed and she's literally just posting unconventional popstar thirst traps that are like: "next month you are in for a ride :wink:"

Anyway, can't wait for the double single: Wrath & Death Threats.

10 minutes ago, Sky Ferreira said:

i've waited 10 years for text you pictures and private audition to leak i guess what's another month...right? 

IckyCrazyAmbushbug-size_restricted.gif

Release something bicht

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

i've been so confident she'll release the album before NTMT 10th anniversary because i'm sure she feels like she'd be ashamed letting THAT MUCH time go on before an album release... like if you look at 2013/2014 interviews she seemed really proud to put her album out "against the odds" so i'm convinced she's fully operating on spite/pride now.. the odds of the album being disjointed and bad are way higher than it NOT releasing

Yeah aside from her being a perfectionist (which turns into procrastination at some point), I don’t see why she wouldn’t want to release music… she definitely needs the profit as she’s spent whatever earnings she had trying to make this and NTMT. It gets hard to sympathize with her because of all the false starts and the constant silence but I guess we should be a little more mindful of her label circumstance. If it’s annoying for us, I can’t imagine how Sky feels knowing she could be on her third or fourth album by now if everything went smoothly and her record label backed her up. Even Fiona had a tiff with her record label circa Extraordinary Machine, this is more common than we think. 

5 hours ago, Imparamour said:

(New here. But been looking this thread for the past few years)

Even her mom said something about death threats

https://imgur.com/a/YmTHZE2

There is nothing here about death threats, she just reposted Sky's story. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

CAN YOU GUYS CALM THE F DOWN ABOUT THE DEATH THREATS?!

Sky was being sardonic and very cynical NOT LITERAL, she basically said "Can you guys wait until April is over to come for me with your torches and pitchforks?"

There are NO REAL death threats, she was being cynical and said that because she perfectly knows she and her mom promised a release in March but everything moved to April (maybe May lol) and everyone is disappointed and angry, but there are NO REAL death threats.

She (and her mom) just wanted to let people know that something is (maybe, maybe not) coming in April and wants people to PAUSE THEIR WRATH until April is over, because she (and her mom) knows that something was promised in March but she's confident that it's coming in April (maybe not).

I'm also very VERY angry about this fiasco happening over and over again, last year she said March too lol and look, and I think the year prior something similar happen and that has been for about 5 years now since she premiered DL. I'm furious and disappointed, but I wouldn't send death threats to her (let alone her family). And I bet many people wouldn't dare to do something as stupid as to send death threats just for fucking pop songs when many other AMAZING (and better) artists are releasing music.

Sky might be whatever you want (lazy, a junkie, a pathological liar, a fake, a flop, mediocre, eccentric, WHATEVER) but let me tell you something guys, I know I have said bad things about her because she has lied to her fandom FOR YEARS, but she is actually such a lovely nice person, yes she is, I met her once in Monterrey (one of the nicest cities in Mexico) and she came to a group of fans that were waving to her (including myself) from afar, she was VERY lovely and patient and took photos with all of us, and she was very energetic and super sweet during the performance. 

She really doesn't deserve death threats, and she has no earned that, there's no point people would just come at her and threat her for fucking pop songs. 

I repeat: Sky was being sardonic, she knows people were super hyped about a March release and Capitol changed the plans for an April release, she's confident about it, so she JOKED and (I translate) said: "You can press pause to all your wrath and death threats until April is over, March didn't happen but in April something is coming".

Sure, I don't believe her, not after March, not after all these years, but if nothing happens in April well, I don't think she will receive real death threats (she was joking) but she sure will receive many angry messages and replies on her IG.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 minutes ago, EmptyPromises said:

^ I get that, but of people are acting borderline unhinged in this forum I don't doubt for a second that they're actually being shitty in that way.

It's great to know that she treats her fans kindly (when they see her every 9 years lol)! 

That was back in 2013 lol, so long ago.

"I don't doubt for a second that they're actually being shitty in that way." one thing is to vent in a music forum and other to go straight to the artists and say "I will LEGIT kill you for not releasing music", that's so dumb lol

3 hours ago, paradiso said:

the theatrics going on in this thread... yes, we're all upset/confused/disappointed but it's literally not that serious?  yes, she is an artist and held to the standard of releasing music on a relatively regular schedule, but in reality she doesn't owe us anything. all these quick releases from lana and charli have made you gays beyond entitled. (trust me, i've been tired of waiting, but writing entire thinkpieces about how she's a drug addict or a troll and a pathological liar comes off as... really fucking weird.)

i think the problem is not really the time she has taken, but how she's been insisting the album is coming for all these years and literally trolling us... every single year constantly announcing an announcement and then saying it got delayed again. if she just released ntmt and dipped and never promissed to release anything else, just said she's going to release whenever she wants, like joanna newsom, fiona apple or lorde do, i'm pretty sure nobody would be that mad. 

1 minute ago, lovesick said:

i think the problem is not really the time she has taken, but how she's been insisting the album is coming for all these years and literally trolling us... every single year constantly announcing an announcement and then saying it got delayed again. if she just released ntmt and dipped and never promissed to release anything else, just said she's going to release whenever she wants, like joanna newsom, fiona apple or lorde do, i'm pretty sure nobody would be that mad. 

exactly :mariah: 

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif