Fluorine

Songs & Musicians That Sound Similar to Lana

11 minutes ago, dietpussycola said:

Check out Gregory and the Hawk! She has TONS of gorgeous, soft, tranquil songs that mainly use guitar. Her voice even sounds like a young Lizzy Grant.

Personal faves of theirs: Oats We Sow, For the Best, Some White Mountain, Boats & Birds.

omg thank you so much

8 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

I think I have a few in the back of my mind but this one came up first

Cowboy Junkies - Misguided Angel

thank you :kiss2:

18 hours ago, darknight said:

looking for country / folklore music similar to lana's 

songs i like and would like to listen to similar ones by other artists:

1. yosemite

2. wild at heart

3.white dress

4.not all who wander are lost

5. nectar of the gods

6. watercolor eyes 

also would love something similar to pawn shop blues 

taylor's album folklore or lorde's solar power

2 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

taylor's album folklore or lorde's solar power

much more mainstream/pop than any of Lana's catalog. 

Phoebe's Punisher comes a bit closer to Lana's style of folk. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Joni Mitchell, especially the albums Ladies of the Canyon and Blue.

Hazeldine, try My Magdalene and Digging You Up

Plastic Jesus by Tia Blake

Some of Nancy Sinatra's work could fit the bill, could be worth exploring her discography  I love Lana's Summer Wine cover but the original will always be superior imo

19 hours ago, darknight said:

looking for country / folklore music similar to lana's 

songs i like and would like to listen to similar ones by other artists:

1. yosemite

2. wild at heart

3.white dress

4.not all who wander are lost

5. nectar of the gods

6. watercolor eyes 

also would love something similar to pawn shop blues 

Many of these are my favorite songs by her! 

It's difficult to compare though - maybe you might enjoy "the American Recordings" by Johnny Cash? 

A few songs by Nick Cave got a similar vibe, too, but I'm not good remembering single songs by him. I quite like his albums "push the sky away" and "teenage ghost", but the instrumentation is not too folky there. 

Also Kylie Minogue's compilation album "Hits+" comes into my mind. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hits_%2B it includes songs from her album "impossible princess" and "Kylie Minogue", but also several outtakes which remind me a lot of these Lana songs you've mentioned. Also a duet with Nick Cave. 

Maybe also Ryan Bingham's current EP "watch out for the wolf". 

It was expensive watch it 

Like two months ago, I was in a car and the radio started playing Madison Beer's Make You Mine and the beginning had me shocked in a way that the beginning's "I-I-I-I" sounded exactly, EXACTLY like Lana's voice and I was like there's no fucking way there's a song I might have missed :shock: but the rest of the song didn't sound like Lana anymore, I still like half-thought that maybe it's a remix or a mashup of different songs/samples including Lana's "I" parts, until I heard it again the other day and the radio showed the singer and the song's name - Madison Beer - Make You Mind. I don't keep up with Madison and her songs, so I didn't know it was her at all.

2.gif

this girl literally used a Lana Del Rey type beat from youtube that she bought and it's just an instrumental rip off of "Is This Happiness," you can literally sing the song over it and it matches perfectly, which is why the instrumental was also used for a rock version of Is This Happiness:

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

2 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

this girl literally used a Lana Del Rey type beat from youtube that she bought and it's just a rip off of "Is This Happiness"

the way i've literally heard a fanmade version of "is this happiness" with this beat :thumb3:

25 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

this girl literally used a Lana Del Rey type beat from youtube that she bought and it's just an instrumental rip off of "Is This Happiness," you can literally sing the song over it and it matches perfectly, which is why the instrumental was also used for a rock version of Is This Happiness:

Wow, this is great.

41 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

The rock version of Is This Happiness is bullshit imo. It's a fanmade version from this instrumental concept which was inspired from Ultraviolence title track and James Bond soundtracks.

I lowkey feel like an og because I've been listening to this like ever since it was released like 2020/21 and before it became viral :rock:

2.gif

2 hours ago, Embach said:

The rock version of Is This Happiness is bullshit imo. It's a fanmade version from this instrumental concept which was inspired from Ultraviolence title track and James Bond soundtracks.

I lowkey feel like an og because I've been listening to this like ever since it was released like 2020/21 and before it became viral :rock:

no I know that it’s fan made, that’s why I said it used an instrumental from an LDR type beat 

but I actually prefer it over the real version imo

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden