Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

882 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

You guys have got me spinning BB vinyl. Now theres no way to skip a song - I'm too lazy for that and this record sounds much better on vinyl than in the car (e.g. NFR sounds better in the car to me) I love BB so much :wub:  even though Wildflower Wildfire breaks my heart every damn time. its kinda song I can only listen to when Im alone 

Screenshot-20240827-142854-Instagram.jpg

marilyn elvis n jesus came to me in a dream and revealed to me that this is the greatest album of all time and they showed me the 2200 rolling stones cover where it was deemed as the goat by the international council of all music

i cry every time i drive and listen to sweet carolina what an astoundingly gorgeous and meaningful song to conclude an album on

11 hours ago, Candy Necklace said:

the reason they work as “stand-alone songs” for yall is that half of them are leaks we listened to for years as individual songs and a 25% were released as singles before the album, leaving the last 25% to be completely fresh 

me personally, i love this album a lot because of how calm and relaxing it is and works perfectly in the fall time. yeah it’s not the best album but i think it’s better to think about it as a compilation record. (although i do wish she searched for the original masters of notg/cb/ll rather than youtube rips)

I don’t think that’s it for me- I had never listened to any of the leaks prior to the album, so every song was fresh to me! But when you listen, the songs just don’t belong together for whatever reason, I still love the album though

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

7 hours ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I don’t think that’s it for me- I had never listened to any of the leaks prior to the album, so every song was fresh to me! But when you listen, the songs just don’t belong together for whatever reason, I still love the album though

Yeah that’s valid given the songs range from being made in like 2013 all the way to 2021. In an ideal world I wish she would’ve refined and fine tuned the album some more but I know she wanted to put it out ASAP

why don’t some people like arcadia studio version? also is it true that some blue banisters songs are youtube rips? what’s the tea what’s the 411 pls fill me in!! 

tumblr_n6a8h49m591sb22wto1_500.gif

56 minutes ago, motel six said:

why don’t some people like arcadia studio version? also is it true that some blue banisters songs are youtube rips? what’s the tea what’s the 411 pls fill me in!! 

It's inexplicable why some people don't like Arcadia as it appears on BB. It's a matter of taste. Personally, I love it. 

About the time of the album's release, one of our members posted something technological that proved that the previously-leaked songs that appear on BB were very in fact very shoddy copies, perhaps previously downloaded and recopied hundreds of times--though there's no proof that they were necessarily ripped from Youtube. 

Whatever they are in fact, they aren't high-quality copies that were taken from wherever Lana keeps her original master copies. I assume it's possible the masters were lost, thus the inferior copies were used. 

10 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

It's inexplicable why some people don't like Arcadia as it appears on BB. It's a matter of taste. Personally, I love it. 

About the time of the album's release, one of our members posted something technological that proved that the previously-leaked songs that appear on BB were very in fact very shoddy copies, perhaps previously downloaded and recopied hundreds of times--though there's no proof that they were necessarily ripped from Youtube. 

Whatever they are in fact, they aren't high-quality copies that were taken from wherever Lana keeps her original master copies. 

thank you so much for clearing this up for me! i’ve always loved arcadia, and didn’t understand when i was seeing a lot of slander for it here, i thought there might be a mass reason but yeah you’re probably right, taste or lack thereof

but that about the other songs is very interesting to hear 

tumblr_n6a8h49m591sb22wto1_500.gif

Just now, motel six said:

thank you so much for clearing this up for me! i’ve always loved arcadia, and didn’t understand when i was seeing a lot of slander for it here

You are welcome. A lot of members say her vocals are poor on it, which I don't hear myself. I do hear weak vocals on Grandfather and other tracks from Ocean Boulevard, but not on Arcadia

Arcadia is my fav on Blue Banisters :D it’s one of my fav Lana songs ever. It’s really Video Games 2

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

1 minute ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

Arcadia is my fav on Blue Banisters :D it’s one of my fav Lana songs ever. It’s really Video Games 2

It's not my favorite on BB, but that's only because BB has so many great songs to my ears--IYLDWM, VFR, BB, TB, WFWF--I didn't care for Arcadia at first but it's grown on me more than any other of Lana's songs. Enjoy.