Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i acknowledge it's probably not about me but i'm lowkey living my villain moment right now

you think i'm joking? :dua:

Oh, not you! You're a sweetheart ❤️ I wasn't really talking about anyone in specific (mostly because I never really pay attention to negative comments unless they're funny) 

But I know some stans that get really nasty with Jack or Nikki. I know we're always joking, but sometimes people take it too far :toofunny:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

Different opinions are great but when people feel the need to loudly and often rudely remind everyone how much they hate Jack every time they see the letter J it goes a bit beyond that. Just my opinion though :oprah3:

Reveal hidden contents

:hype:

right, like, honestly why is it so normalized to say you HATE somebody because you don’t like how they produce? you don’t even know him & obviously lana enjoys working with him, it’s just really immature behavior :tsk:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

right, like, honestly why is it so normalized to say you HATE somebody because you don’t like how they produce? you don’t even know him & obviously lana enjoys working with him, it’s just really immature behavior :tsk:

It's probably become a forum schtick for @West Coast , like a running gag, lol

9 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Oh, not you! You're a sweetheart ❤️ I wasn't really talking about anyone in specific (mostly because I never really pay attention to negative comments unless they're funny) 

But I know some stans that get really nasty with Jack or Nikki. I know we're always joking, but sometimes people take it too far :toofunny:

10 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Different opinions are great but when people feel the need to loudly and often rudely remind everyone how much they hate Jack every time they see the letter J it goes a bit beyond that. Just my opinion though :oprah3:

Reveal hidden contents

:hype:

ok lemme just clarify my stance before i shut up about this and just accept the music we're getting for the rest of this thread's existence

i don't hate jack as a person and i think he CAN be a good producer (see: 1989, masseduction, daddy's home, melodrama, the good cocc tracks, violet, the recent florence tracks)

i just think that a lot of lana's work with jack has been rather disappointing and i think it's safe to say that considering how IMO blue banisters was a leap better than NFR & COCC (even though the structure of the songs were the same) simply because of different producers that it's probably not entirely lana's fault that the music has been so... sludgy

overall i know it's not that big of a deal and we're all (mostly) adults arguing online about whether music is good or not :silly:

anyways stream white dress

edit: tl;dr - the joke has some serious backing to it but overall it's not that serious

Edited by the ocean
edit 2: couple editing tweaks

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just cause you're not a fan of someone as a producer, doesn't mean you hate them, or that you're pooping over there entire body of work. I appreciate some songs he did with Lana, I actually really like Chemtrails & Violet. I'm just not a fan of most of the work cause in my opinion it lacks flavour. It's not "immature behaviour" to pinpoint what you don't like about someone's artistic vision, work or whatever.:ohsnap2:

ETA: It's fine for people to say they don't like Rick, Dan Auerbach, Drew Erickson or even Emile Haynie, but somehow not liking Jack's work or joking about it is off limits?

5 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

I still want the Nikki Lane collab #JUSTICE

This will happen as soon she get another "sucessuful" album

Knowing the industry i know that interscope is on her shoulder to do a "everybody likes it" album again after 2 flops :dua:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

Just now, lustforlife said:

This will happen as soon she get another "sucessuful" album

Knowing the industry i know that interscope is on her shoulder to do a "everybody likes it" album again after 2 flops :dua:

Thanks b :popcorn: (At least Dealer went viral, I liked Cotcc personally)

3 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Just cause you're not a fan of someone as a producer, doesn't mean you hate them, or that you're pooping over there entire body of work. I appreciate some songs he did with Lana, I actually really like Chemtrails & Violet. I'm just not a fan of most of the work cause in my opinion it lacks flavour. It's not "immature behaviour" to pinpoint what you don't like about someone's artistic vision. :ohsnap2:

my post wasn’t referring to you btw, maybe just the behavioral i’ve noticed in general, & maybe i should’ve worded my entire post differently, there are just some instances where some people take it too far & it gets to an uncomfortable extent, i’d say i’ve noticed this more with nikki lane, however, i remember somebody had called her a “swamp monster” once :horror: like, yeah, please don’t… :horror:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

my post wasn’t referring to you btw, maybe just the general behavioral i’ve noticed in general, & maybe i should’ve worded my entire post differently, there are just some instances where some people take it too far & it gets to an uncomfortable extent, i’d say i’ve noticed this more with nikki lane, however, i remember somebody had called her a “swamp monster” once :horror: like, yeah, please don’t… :horror:

That's funny in a user @lustforlife way :oic2:, like who calls someone that off the top of their head LMAO

my post wasn’t referring to you btw, maybe just the general behavioral i’ve noticed in general, & maybe i should’ve worded my entire post differently, there are just some instances where some people take it too far & it gets to an uncomfortable extent, i’d say i’ve noticed this more with nikki lane, however, i remember somebody had called her a “swamp monster” once :horror: like, yeah, please don’t… :horror:

as much as i'm not a country fan (or a breaking up slowly fan for that matter) i actually really like her music outside of lana and she seems like such a sweet person

Spoiler

who called her a swamp monster let me have a talk with them outside :sideeye:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

it's safe to say that considering how IMO blue banisters was a leap better than NFR & COCC...

937726385479352351.gif?size=44&quality=l

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

6 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i just think that a lot of lana's work with jack has been rather disappointing and i think it's safe to say that considering how IMO blue banisters was a leap better than NFR & COCC

The setup

Just now, Surf Noir said:

grinch troll :oopna2:

flaccid body :bored: 

swamp monster :pout:

The Unholy trinity

I didn't take offence, nor did @DCooper's post btw. Just kinda weird sometimes being on a discussion board and seeing people complain about people having annoying/repetitive opinions (which people are entitled to think) when they also have equally annoying/repetitive opinions of their own. :um2:

Just now, West Coast said:

I didn't take offence, nor did @DCooper's post btw. Just kinda weird sometimes being on a discussion board and seeing people complain about people having annoying/repetitive opinions (which people are entitled to think) when they also have equally annoying/repetitive opinions of their own. :um2:

in conclusion: we’re all annoying & repetitive :smile3:

it’s what gives lanaboards it’s spice :ma: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Just now, West Coast said:

My sin is blabbering about Poppy on a Lana forum