Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

13 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

Okay, I'm going to stop you right there. Wild at Heart might be different from her old songs (because it's a god-damned different genre) but that doesn't mean it's a bad song or that it deserves less love. It's a beautiful song, and I will not tolerate the disrespect! :read:

Wild at Heart is absolutely amazing when you forget that both How to disappear & Stoned at the Nail Salon exist

i’m sorry but some of the hatred towards jack here lately has been so excessive & unnecessary, i mean, it’s always been like this, but i feel like nowadays if there’s any mention of jack or a photo of him posted this forum goes ballistic… honestly he’s really not that terrible & lana’s ultimately the one who decides the sound, we know he’s capable of making bangers, but blue banisters is proof that she prefers making acoustic, mellow music

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I’m honestly thrilled she’s back with Jack again. Don’t get me wrong, I love a lot of the material on Blue Banisters and it’s still a fascinating album as a whole to me, but maybe aside from the title track, none of it reaches the highs she and Jack attained on NFR and Chemtrails. I’m excited that if they’re working together again, Lana’s getting him to the “weirder” place she initially wanted out of Chemtrails, just for this new album. 

Yes, he made flop albums with Clairo and Lorde (Sling was horrendous…), but he works so well with girls like Lana and Taylor. I’m fairly certain Sling was an album of dry, flavorless acoustic demos and Jack had to polish shit, and well. Shit is still shit. Which is why that album is forgotten. You can’t seriously like Sling and hate Chemtrails, I’m sorry…

LANA DEL REY IS THE ENEMY. It’s been documented Jack wants to go bigger grander but Lana has that “less is more” mentality production wise. Just like Lorde had with her latest attempt but thank God Lana’s able to deliver a stripped back sound without it being SHIT! 

qfrWuBl.png

32 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

who do you guys want to produce if not Jack? 

literally anyone besides jack

literally anyone else

24 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

Then you hear WCE and Beautiful and think… maybe Jack’s not so bad. 

beautiful is a good song :true:

is it her best? no. but it's better than TNBAR, LMLYLAW, breaking up slowly & for free

6 minutes ago, Charlene said:

Violets for Roses are 2 of the worst songs she ever created

what the fuck :whoopi:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, Charlene said:

It’s a disgrace to music and mp3 files

i think a good sum of chemtrails is a disgrace to music and mp3 files

yeah i know throw the tomatoes at me i'll accept the villain role

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

i think a good sum of chemtrails is a disgrace to music and mp3 files

yeah i know throw the tomatoes at me i'll accept the villain role

not when white dress, chemtrails, tulsa jesus freak, wild at heart, dark but just a game, nawwal, yosemite, & dance till we die exist :smh:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Just now, Surf Noir said:

not when white dress, chemtrails, tulsa jesus freak, wild at heart, dark but just a game, nawwal, yosemite, & dance till we die exist :smh:

you just named the good half of the album

Just now, the ocean said:

which is 8/11 songs of the album :hillary:

i would’ve included breaking up slowly i just couldn’t figure out which song i forgot :hillary:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

This is literally 90% of the album LMAO 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Just now, Surf Noir said:

which is 8/11 songs of the album :hillary:

i would’ve included breaking up slowly i just couldn’t figure out which song i forgot :hillary:

Just now, Party Favor said:

This is literally 90% of the album LMAO 

and there's also a couple songs on that list i do not like

Spoiler

wild at heart & dance til we die :bebe:

i will accept that i have the incorrect opinion it's true i am tasteless - plus i think blue banisters takes the highs of chemtrails and builds upon it and if the jack-produced ldr9 sounds like that then i might have to stan jack

17 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i’m sorry but some of the hatred towards jack here lately has been so excessive & unnecessary, i mean, it’s always been like this, but i feel like nowadays if there’s any mention of jack or a photo of him posted this forum goes ballistic… honestly he’s really not that terrible & lana’s ultimately the one who decides the sound, we know he’s capable of making bangers, but blue banisters is proof that she prefers making acoustic, mellow music

Some people think it's edgy and cool to hate Jack :slayty:

13 minutes ago, the ocean said:

beautiful is a good song :true:

is it her best? no. but it's better than TNBAR, LMLYLAW, breaking up slowly & for free

I think TNBAR was produced by Rick. I completely forgot LMLYLAW existed tbh.