Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

before this gets lost in the thread i still do think that she'll be contributing on soundtracks and other projects before we get the next record. 

DNC. early teasing, but we all know how she can be with release dates. 

i very much do feel/sense that w the major changes of pace and lack of presence means that she'd really just like to honor herself and the music. 
I do hope that we get the promised work of the covers, nikki collab and poetry among other stuff before the next one, and that'll tide us til then. 

UV/Honeymoon

9 hours ago, lanabanana11 said:

I have SUCH a feeling about this upcoming record. i think lanas been IN her bag for a while now and Blue Banisters was just something she felt she NEEDED to put out to tell her story hence the lack of newer songs and more older good tracks that never found a home. Like she got to put out Black Bathing Suit, Text Book, BB, Wildflower and such which she made somewhat overlapping chemtrails recording sessions, but now shes cooking up fresh music for a brand new album and.... i think the implications will be DEADLY

That could all be. She really never made her "revenge" album, though there is a little revenge on BBS and WFWF, against her critics and her mother. And there's the "bombastic" songs she made with JA but never released. To beat a dead horse, there's all the "political songs" that never made it to LFL. 

Let's hope she's creating all-new music with JA and whatever other producers, if any, she's currently working with. 

I can't help but see some comparisons to Tori Amos's long career, in which many of Amos's best songs were cut from the albums they were intended for at the last minute and ended up in limbo until released much later on compilations, or leaked. During COVID, Amos wrote and recorded a new album and then decided that "this is not what the world needs now!", and so wrote and recorded an entirely new album, which she released about 8 months ago, the mediocre 'Ocean To Ocean.' I'd love to hear the one she adandoned. 

On principle, I support whatever Lana does, but it seems the more we know about her actual writing and recording processes, the more exhausting it all gets sometimes. 

What if CULT LEADER makes its way to LDR9 final tracklist? :oprah4:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I feel like something always leaks before there's a Lana announcement/release :creepna:

Like MMITPM before West Coast, Because Of You right before UV (album), BAR right when LFL rollout started, French Restaurant and Bellevue before the triple BB singles...

I'm sure there's something going on behind the scenes :true:

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I feel like something always leaks before there's a Lana announcement/release :creepna:

Like MMITPM before West Coast, Because Of You right before UV (album), BAR right when LFL rollout started, French Restaurant and Bellevue before the triple BB singles...

I'm sure there's something going on behind the scenes :true:

maybe it happens because they're scrapping possible songs from the album...

Imagine if the album is about sf and she doesn’t even perform here asdfjkl girly hasn’t been here since 2017 :deadbanana: I hope she actually tours though tbh I’ve been itching for more live performances, it’s been far too long. Also if she tours with 3 new COVID albums out and only sings BTD songs and Chelsea Hotel…

sgopYhV.gif

I rarely to never dream about Lana, but last night I had a revelation about DNC being Del Norte County with Lana whispering some Spanish lyrics in the chorus something a la west coast, music was somewhat similar to Tulsa Jesus freak but with more ambient folklore and surfy beat. So I will stick with that and hope this is the new direction of the project she’s been doing, folky and surfy at the same time 

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

On 3/29/2022 at 10:15 AM, Vertimus said:

That could all be. She really never made her "revenge" album, though there is a little revenge on BBS and WFWF, against her critics and her mother. And there's the "bombastic" songs she made with JA but never released. To beat a dead horse, there's all the "political songs" that never made it to LFL. 

Let's hope she's creating all-new music with JA and whatever other producers, if any, she's currently working with. 

I can't help but see some comparisons to Tori Amos's long career, in which many of Amos's best songs were cut from the albums they were intended for at the last minute and ended up in limbo until released much later on compilations, or leaked. During COVID, Amos wrote and recorded a new album and then decided that "this is not what the world needs now!", and so wrote and recorded an entirely new album, which she released about 8 months ago, the mediocre 'Ocean To Ocean.' I'd love to hear the one she adandoned. 

On principle, I support whatever Lana does, but it seems the more we know about her actual writing and recording processes, the more exhausting it all gets sometimes. 

I forgot to mention all the songs written and produced for BB/RCW that she suddenly dropped from the album, and reconfigured it with the older tracks ('Living Legend, etc.) and then released it as BB. 

So there's the 'bombastic' songs she recorded with JA but hasn't released, the 'political' songs cut from LFL, and now at least a handful of recorded songs from 'Rock Candy Sweet' that were dropped when it was reconfigured as BB. 

AND whatever else Lana has floating out there about which we know nothing. 

43 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I forgot to mention all the songs written and produced for BB/RCW that she suddenly dropped from the album, and reconfigured it with the older tracks ('Living Legend, etc.) and then released it as BB. 

So there's the 'bombastic' songs she recorded with JA but hasn't released, the 'political' songs cut from LFL, and now at least a handful of recorded songs from 'Rock Candy Sweet' that were dropped when it was reconfigured as BB. 

AND whatever else Lana has floating out there about which we know nothing. 

She probably has enough unreleased (and I mean unheard, not counting the countless leaked songs) material for 3 or 4 albums at this point without having to write anything at all :hide:.

The list just keeps getting bigger cause she just doesn't stop writing and going to the studio to record new stuff. I honestly don't think there's anyone as prolific as her that writes their own songs right now (let me know tho)

I know that some artists choose among hundreds of songs to create their albums but those are just demos taken from songwriting camps and passed around the labels (and by this I don't mean to shame those singers but there's a difference between curating what's essentially a "personal playlist" and creating albums from scratch)

giphy.gif

Rqadvks.jpg

While a few of these are debatably not “teases” and just coincidental tees, I really hope that DNC reflects this trend:prettyhurts:

I really do think it has some significance, though. The jacket (to me, at least) seemed like an uncommon choice to pair with her award outfit, and I would assume it has some relevance or else the LDR Village guy wouldn’t have said, “Oh, it might!” when prompted about the possibility of it appearing on merch….

only time will tell:eartha2:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

the way we’ve made 300+ pages from milking…

-DNC theories,

-Rob/Lana/Jack D. Instagram posts

-1 questionable screenshot of a Rick Nowels reply

-the “trilogy” comment 

honestly our minds amaze me. Imagine this thread when we get a shred of concrete news:true:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Just now, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

-DNC theories,

-the “trilogy” comment 

honestly our minds amaze me. Imagine this thread when we get a shred of concrete news:true:

There will probably happen a riot against whoever brings the news and a handful accusations of being a fake insider, followed by their collective sanctification and a constant praying for new info, then the circle begins again.

28 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

-DNC theories,

-the “trilogy” comment 

Oh god I forgot about the Rick dm :icant: LDR9 is saved :spin:

giphy.gif