Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

11 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

If she truly wants to go for the simplicity route, then I hope she does something similar to Sirens! That album is beautiful and suits her voice pretty well :um2:

Yes and the reason why it works so well for her voice is because it's guitar based, not piano.

I think I already said it here and still stand by it: Lana sounds better with guitar than with piano. Other great examples are Nectar Of The Gods, UFB, Yayo (aka version), Pawn Shop Blues etc etc. It's her instrument.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

19 hours ago, bigspender said:

am i the only one who thinks the speculation and discussion part of each era is the most boring….. like i feel like most of our speculation throughout each album has been entirely wrong, and i also find a lot of rumors or anything hard to believe until there’s a confirmation from lana because it’s clear that nothing goes without her say now. like this pusha t remix, i feel like it’s never gonna happen. it might just be me but :true:

I like speculating when we actually know something about the album but when we are clueless (like right now) is a bit meh I agree :icant: someone make a fake tracklist or something 

giphy.gif

okay we're almost through the first quarter of the year and we still know nothing about LDR9 in specific. I did not expect that.

Anyone talks to BOZ or Eclipse lately? Do they say anything? Or do we need @lustforlife to stir it up?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I dreamt that Lana posted about a new poetry book coming out next week except it was called Violet Bent Backwards Over The Grass Volume II 

with all new poems luckily, but still… a little disappointed even in my sleep :noparty:

Spoiler

A little over a week until Buddy’s Rendezvous at least! Then she’ll start the roll out for LDR9 :creepna2:

your vulgar darling  :blush3:

Maybe we're completely mistaken to believe that LDR9 is in the works at present; maybe it's one of the 'side projects' she's going to release next.

Since JA produced the first poetry album, perhaps they're working together on the second.

Or it could be the American Standards album, which I can certainly see her father participating on, since at least some of the songs would likely be from his own youth. Imagine a double album of American Standards and Folk classics. I'd love to see how Lana tackle some authentic jazz standards with brass, and go into torch singer mode again, which suited her so well on 'Yayo' and 'Wait For Life.' 

Whenever LDR9 arrives, I hope it's scorching, but I can't help feel that it will continue in the 'mature' mode of COCC and BB, though that doesn't necessarily mean piano ballads or acoustic songs a la 'Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.' 

3 hours ago, Pale Fire said:

Last time she was REAL quiet before an album it was the time before NFR was announced… just saying x 

NFR 2.0, D.N.C jacket, "bombastic"...

it's adding up, the dots are connecting :oprah2:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

14 hours ago, Pale Fire said:

Last time she was REAL quiet before an album it was the time before NFR was announced… just saying x 

I’d rather her not sit on a flatly-produced finished album for 6 months after teasing 3/4 of it through instagram snippets tbh. Sis better say something soon xx

/j /half srs

whatarecoloris.jpg

I have SUCH a feeling about this upcoming record. i think lanas been IN her bag for a while now and Blue Banisters was just something she felt she NEEDED to put out to tell her story hence the lack of newer songs and more older good tracks that never found a home. Like she got to put out Black Bathing Suit, Text Book, BB, Wildflower and such which she made somewhat overlapping chemtrails recording sessions, but now shes cooking up fresh music for a brand new album and.... i think the implications will be DEADLY