Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

last night i dreamt of Lana herself dropping LDR9 as a 20-track album. :oprah2:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Lana’s social media posts often reflect aspects of her record (which makes sense given how autobiographical her albums are), so I’m curious to see how this translates to LDR9. For example, with past records, she’s posted relevant quotes, aesthetics, literary references, etc. 

The posts/replies from the past few months have been so vastly different that it’s hard to find a common theme, but she does seem to be enjoying life. I’d love a feeling like in Venice Bitch where she seems to just be having fun, using cheeky one-liners and just vibing with the music lol. “Everything, whatever” was so simple but so iconic:krylie:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Random thoughts:

1- still wondering what Eclipse heard that made him say that it was a new sound and that it could lead up to a new trilogy of albums. We all thought he was talking about WCE, when we thought it was the lead to LDR9, but he surely has heard more. :assad:

2- he also said that BTD-UV-HM form a trilogy and that NFR-COCC-BB form another. LFL was the « cusp » album, the threshold, leading to the next trio… so… does that mean that LDR9 is another « cusp album », another jumping point to the next three albums? :assad:

4 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Lana’s social media posts often reflect aspects of her record (which makes sense given how autobiographical her albums are), so I’m curious to see how this translates to LDR9. For example, with past records, she’s posted relevant quotes, aesthetics, literary references, etc. 

The posts/replies from the past few months have been so vastly different that it’s hard to find a common theme, but she does seem to be enjoying life. I’d love a feeling like in Venice Bitch where she seems to just be having fun, using cheeky one-liners and just vibing with the music lol. “Everything, whatever” was so simple but so iconic:krylie:

Please, don’t get my hopes up: VB is my all-time fave from her :raven::bodyisready:

joke aside, I agree with you that she seems so much more carefree since she switched to her HM account. In a way, it feels like she is sharing more personal stuff. Also agree that the vibes are a bit « all over the place »; can’t wait to have a better idea of what it could lead to.

Hmm wondering if we could get some news after Buddy's Rendezvous is out. Like maybe we get some news mid or end of April or in May. Rob was also teasing us.  

Not going to expect some news soon lol but if we get news soon I think mid April  - May could be the time :true: 

Also the album taking place in San Francisco really excites me :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

6 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

2- he also said that BTD-UV-HM form a trilogy and that NFR-COCC-BB form another. LFL was the « cusp » album, the threshold, leading to the next trio… so… does that mean that LDR9 is another « cusp album », another jumping point to the next three albums? :assad:

I’ve been wondering that as well! I really hope you’re right, honestly. LFL really was a great “bridge” album: it touched on the aesthetics of her past 3 records and segued perfectly into NFR-COCC-BB with the second half of the record (especially Change, Heroin, and finally Get Free). I’m still amazed at how representative those last 3 tracks are of her current work. 

I think it would be so cool if LDR9 had a similar eclectic and diverse composition which would align well with her “all over the place” posts, collab wishes, producer rumors, etc.:dua:

With LFL in mind, imagine the first half of LDR9 is a different take on its preceding trilogy (perhaps the more “bombastic” tracks:brows:) and the latter half is where she’s headed next musically.

I know it’s unrealistic & I’m mostly just wishfully extrapolating off the “trilogy” comment out of boredom, but it’s still a neat thought lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

We've been getting motel vibes lately and I'm up for that.:heart:

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I see more thoughtfulness and inner reflection, also a preference for vintage art. But it's hard to tell if these are her purely private attitudes/interests or have to do with ldr9. Just the fact that she now only posts from her honeymoon account seems to blur all lines.

If she truly wants to go for the simplicity route, then I hope she does something similar to Sirens! That album is beautiful and suits her voice pretty well :um2:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

am i the only one who thinks the speculation and discussion part of each era is the most boring….. like i feel like most of our speculation throughout each album has been entirely wrong, and i also find a lot of rumors or anything hard to believe until there’s a confirmation from lana because it’s clear that nothing goes without her say now. like this pusha t remix, i feel like it’s never gonna happen. it might just be me but :true:

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, bigspender said:

am i the only one who thinks the speculation and discussion part of each era is the most boring….. like i feel like most of our speculation throughout each album has been entirely wrong, and i also find a lot of rumors or anything hard to believe until there’s a confirmation from lana because it’s clear that nothing goes without her say now. like this pusha t remix, i feel like it’s never gonna happen. it might just be me but :true:

it doesn't get interesting until gays start to claim they have a snippet of the lead single once it's announced :ma:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Lana please do SOMETHING. Anythingggg

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

On 3/25/2022 at 3:19 PM, Whore of Tropico said:

Is it too much that I want LDR9 to be an album which she does something she hasnt done before? Like, a comepletely NEW vibe from her, not sounding like either BTD,PE,UV,HM,NFR,L4L,COCC or BB.

I want synth Lana 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

5 hours ago, bigspender said:

I enjoy the shitposting that comes with the speculation tbh. It can get v chaotic and I love it

whatarecoloris.jpg