Rust Dress

Russia’s invasion into Ukraine

9 hours ago, The Siren said:

this was explained just fine thanks <3

better than simply "radioation" :deadbanana: 

If you (or anyone else) ever wants to read a really good book about Chernobyl, nuclear reactors and the Soviet Union, I highly recommend Voices from Chernobyl by Svetlana Alexievich. It's one of my favourite non-fictitious books. Basically, she interviewed many people involved in the disaster and each chapter is that person's account of what happened. Wives of first responders, elderly people living in the exclusion zone, soldiers, scientists, doctors, etc. I have always been interested in the history of the Russian empire and Soviet Union and I first read it when I was about 11, and have re-read it many times since. Fascinating (albeit sad).

I think there was a HBO series based on the book but I've never gotten around to watching it.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

7 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

If you (or anyone else) ever wants to read a really good book about Chernobyl, nuclear reactors and the Soviet Union, I highly recommend Voices from Chernobyl by Svetlana Alexievich. It's one of my favourite non-fictitious books. Basically, she interviewed many people involved in the disaster and each chapter is that person's account of what happened. Wives of first responders, elderly people living in the exclusion zone, soldiers, scientists, doctors, etc. I have always been interested in the history of the Russian empire and Soviet Union and I first read it when I was about 11, and have re-read it many times since. Fascinating (albeit sad).

I think there was a HBO series based on the book but I've never gotten around to watching it.

this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Voices-Chernobyl-History-Nuclear-Disaster/dp/0312425848

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

Yes! It's very good. Most people think a book about a nuclear reactor would be boring as fuck but it's not at all technical, it's about human perspectives.

3 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Yes! It's very good. Most people think a book about a nuclear reactor would be boring as fuck but it's not at all technical, it's about human perspectives.

adding it to my books wishlist xo

i still have so many unread books i havent touched yet :deadbanana:

25 minutes ago, Barry said:

Did he not have Gaddafi killed as well? 

He and Hillary had him killed. And in a gruesome way, as well.

giphy.gif

Thank God my country stopped supporting Russia, it was such a bad look for us because we're dependent on gas. 

When people say that war is inevitable - War is always preventable if you're brainwashed by war propaganda as a regular citizen. 

If you're discriminating regular Russian people in some random country that isn't theirs, fuck you. These people didn't even have a choice to vote for Putin. 

Normal people, celebs and influencers aren't obligated to spam their accounts with 'support Ukraine' posts. 

For people who want to cancel ESC or vote for Ukraine to win - Are you 12 years old? Do they even know the idea behind ESC and that Ukraine would have to host next year if they win? I don't see people canceling ESC for years when Yugoslavia was at war. Just stfu. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

36 minutes ago, shady said:

Thank God my country stopped supporting Russia, it was such a bad look for us because we're dependent on gas. 

When people say that war is inevitable - War is always preventable if you're brainwashed by war propaganda as a regular citizen. 

If you're discriminating regular Russian people in some random country that isn't theirs, fuck you. These people didn't even have a choice to vote for Putin. 

Normal people, celebs and influencers aren't obligated to spam their accounts with 'support Ukraine' posts. 

For people who want to cancel ESC or vote for Ukraine to win - Are you 12 years old? Do they even know the idea behind ESC and that Ukraine would have to host next year if they win? I don't see people canceling ESC for years when Yugoslavia was at war. Just stfu. 

I was with you at the start but lost me at ESC. 

What's that? :crossed:

6 hours ago, House of Balloons said:

the mass hysteria regarding nuclear plants is making me want to k word myself :delicious: my bad for forgetting how stupid the average twitter user can be 

Hey, don’t let it get to you! This will all work out…

:ma:

IMG-3521.jpg

19 hours ago, baddisease said:

The Hague doesn't really mean all that much, since Western war crimes and interests are always protected. Putin should be judged by the peoples of both Ukraine and Russia and nobody else.

Sure, the elite will always protect their interests but I’d rather history records any war crimes in The Hague and judges him there instead of some kind of street justice. 

18 hours ago, baddisease said:

Obama had troops running around Africa and the ME blowing up America's "enemies" (non-Americans). He also drone struck people and murdered children knowing they were children.

And then they give him the Nobel Peace Prize lmao!

17 hours ago, Barry said:

Did he not have Gaddafi killed as well? 

When Gaddafi announced his intention to trade his oil for the African Dinar instead of the US Dollar- that signed his death warrant. 

giphy.gif

43 minutes ago, the ocean said:

what the FUCK :horror:

it was aired exactly one time... and it helped President Johnson win anyway.

giphy.gif

So anyways Putin just said the Western sanctions are akin to a declaration of war which sounds very much like it could be an excuse to invade other countries

Would not shock me at all

Someone needs to take him out, legit