DeadSeaOfMercury

Record Store Day

10 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

I believe this year was the 15th anniversary of RSD, but it started because of digital media coming up as a way to show support for small businesses, so a lot of artists who recognize vinyl as still important (and the labels too) release new things just like you said, alt cover art, demo albums, unreleased stuff, vinyl colors, etc. It's sad but it's true that record shops were dying and in some cases still are. I have 3 main record shops in my town, one for mostly new releases, two for older vinyl mostly. That's where I found my Back To Black 1st pressing. We thought one was gonna die but luckily it got saved just in time before they had to shut down for good so they're still here and i'm glad about that

But yeah, RSD is to show support to your local shops and even if you can't find something at one shop or another, please try to support them!!!! They're important to this industry and deserve to stay around :3 and too, the longer they're around, the better chances of finding something you might want that's out of pressing (honeymoon *cough cough*)

I’ll never forget 2019’s rsd.

Checking out and I saw way in the back - behind some boxsets like the Rihanna one, I saw a sliver of black & white. I had a feeling it was UV and asked how much for the Ultraviolence box - girl didn’t even know what I was talking about. One of my greatest finds ever!

:xcry:

IMG-3521.jpg

ooo update i went to another shop and got lou reed, glass animals, rolling stones, and weyes blood

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

OFC THIS IS TAKING PLACE A MONTH AFTER I LOST MY JOB :icant: and fck me i just wanted the mariah carey #1's vinyl and the madonna vinyl :icant: even urban outfitters has a mariah carey vinyl UGH

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

Well, It’s RSD part II tomorrow.

Anyone going to go record shopping / any particular release you want?

I had taken off work for the first day, But then they delayed Beam Me Up Scotty last minute :sadcore:

And I couldn’t get off for the second day.

So I guess I’ll fight bitches on eBay or Discogs tomorrow night…

:bebe:

IMG-3521.jpg

April 22nd Y’all.

Who’s Excited?

:kris:

What do you think is gonna be on the list?

:raven:

Spoiler

I’m Fucked because if Lana or Florence have a release, My local stores probably won’t order them because they still have theirs from previous years - On Discount…

:cat:

IMG-3521.jpg

15 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Supposedly according to Vinyl Releases this is a partial list:

2023-rsd-list-v0-imkr6foztgia1.jpg?width

Please take with a grain of salt…

:ma:

pls the only worthwhile artist in this list is Dolly Parton (and Orville Peck :hooker:)

Hmm was hoping for more represses of Opeth albums like they have been doing for the past few. Only interested in The Big Moon, Peaness, Tori Amos and maybe Yard Act this year really.

Edit: I feel like I had the easiest time last year getting the Taylor Swift single so people need to chill out this year.

I lowkey told myself i was gonna stop buying taylor vinyls after she straight up lied about the midnights variants being limited...but I already am gonna go to get The 1975 vinyl so if there is a taylor record there i'm gonna pick it up :trisha:

I really wish Lana was doing a rsd variant though:rollin:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・