Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

?

It wasn't on iTunes, it was an exclusive b-side on the 7" vinyl.

Yeah, but someone went to the trouble of making it look like it was I guess. I just checked the true bitrate and it was upscaled. Sorry! 

14417469274.gif

I'm SO disappointed that this doesn't include the new bridge though... You don't even understand, I was CERTAIN we'd have it... Why did she tease us with it singing it live if she's not going to put it on the actual track for a single version? She totally could've released Lies as a single with the new bridge...

To be fair, while she was still touring and singing it she said there was no studio version.

SO GLAD we finally have something. The snow/rain bit was lovely, all the food made it seem like an abandoned wedding or something. She looked kinda like a pilgrim with that hair, though. I'm just glad she posted it and we're a step closer to "Electra Heart".

I think it's so brave of her to make a high production music video and wear not an ounce of makeup except for the heart on her cheek (and lips?). She looks so raw and truly beautiful. She'll probably get a lot of crap about it but I admire and respect her for going natural throughout the whole video, spots and oils and all. 

Just out of curiosity, but... are you a guy? :cuteface:

Cute video, but I expected more from her tbh. Then again, I'm definitely a fan of her most over-the-top self so this 'girl next door'-ish image doesn't really do it for me.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Just out of curiosity, but... are you a guy? :cuteface:

Cute video, but I expected more from her tbh. Then again, I'm definitely a fan of her most over-the-top self so this 'girl next door'-ish image doesn't really do it for me.

Um, no. I'm 100% woman. And I'm not saying that I prefer her natural look to her dolled up look because I don't. I'm just saying I admire her for being in the public eye and still going with no makeup. That's brave, in my eyes and I respect that.

Um, no. I'm 100% woman. And I'm not saying that I prefer her natural look to her dolled up look because I don't. I'm just saying I admire her for being in the public eye and still going with no makeup. That's brave, in my eyes and I respect that.

That's not what I meant. It's just that many (most?) guys are usually clueless when it comes to make-up and often mistake a natural looking one for no make-up at all. And in this video, Marina most certainly has a full make-up on...

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

That's not what I meant. It's just that many (most?) guys are usually clueless when it comes to make-up and usually mistake a natural looking one for no make-up at all. And in this video, Marina most certainly has a full make-up on...

Hmm, you really think so? I'm not trying to be a bitch here, but I think it's looks like she hasn't got much makeup on at all, at least compared to all the other parts.

LIES.jpg

That's not what I meant. It's just that many (most?) guys are usually clueless when it comes to make-up and often mistake a natural looking one for no make-up at all. And in this video, Marina most certainly has a full make-up on...

color correction in post production can do that easily

BzhmW.png

@@Trinity

I never thought that, we just have different opinions! :)

Imo in that video she has at the very least: concealer & highlighter, eye-liner (top and bottom), mascara, a slightly darker than her skin tone shade of nude eye-shadow, eyebrow liner & lipstick. (I'd also say she has some sort of foundation and bronzer on, but I'm not even going to include those.)

I love how Electra Heart flopped and now hesitates to fade away...
I really like the project, but I really think it would have fit someone else better.

I like Marina for TFJ, I love her baroque pop with dramatic vocal songs (Numb and Buy the Stars, which actually was a bonus track yet for me was the best song in EH)

I really like the project, but I really think it would have fit someone else better.

I like Marina for TFJ, I love her baroque pop with dramatic vocal songs (Numb and Buy the Stars, which actually was a bonus track yet for me was the best song in EH)

Electra Heart flopped due to lack of promotion by her label.

Fit who? Marina created the project herself and I seriously doubt anyone can reproduce that the same way since it started off as something personal.

There are also a lot of songs in her discography that are better than BTS, Numb is actually much better. :hooker:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I really became a fan after Electra Heart, and actually I think it's better than TFJ, because of the entire project, it was a way to say "fuck it" to the pop industry.

And I can't see anyone doing this era like Marina, just look at "How to be a Heartbreaker" cover by GLEE. enough said.

If anyone needs a source to update your collection http://marinamasterpost.tumblr.com/post/53705068376/marina-the-diamonds-masterpost

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

I heard she's in deep debt with her label or something because the album just didn't sell but the tour went well?

She bankrupted the label with the album

The tour would bring in more money usually but I guess producing the album was high cost

BzhmW.png