Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

wsnm8.jpg

:yesnod: Good timing for you, by the way... if you made this post three months ago I'd probably have made some really obnoxious post about why anyone would even want to listen to this deceiving ?%&*/$§.

:yesnod: Good timing for you, by the way... if you made this post three months ago I'd probably have made some really obnoxious post about why anyone would even want to listen to this deceiving ?%&*/$§.

Shhh are you saying her unreleased stuff is bad? It's so good :flutter:

Even "This is LA" :hillary:

Starlight is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good... My favorite unreleased song by her. I will admit however that a lot of her unreleased songs aren't THAT great. Lana is the queen of unreleased songs. Her's also sound much more finished though. Most of Marina's unreleased songs quite clearly never left the demo stage. But Sinful is another great one, and there are more.

Personally, Blindfold Me is one of my favorite Marina songs but it's so short and low quality... I wish there was a higher quality version of it.

Mmm! I thought you meant the stuff Raf was asking for was, like, deceivingly bad.

So you're back on the wagon? :defeated:

He reunited with us as soon as she declared Daft Punk was her new favorite band. Right D? :mj2:

EQFO7rX.png

I haven't read a Marina interview in literally months, but this one was linked on the Wikipedia article for "Just Desserts". 

Am I the only one rather shocked that Marina had ever written a song for a rapper? :O I was starting to think she was the kind of artist just not interested in collaborating with other musicians, as a general rule, let alone someone from the Hip-Hop realm. 

I wonder what songs Charli was putting forth for them to work on...maybe "Interior"?  :icant: 

I haven't read a Marina interview in literally months, but this one was linked on the Wikipedia article for "Just Desserts". 

Am I the only one rather shocked that Marina had ever written a song for a rapper? :O I was starting to think she was the kind of artist just not interested in collaborating with other musicians, as a general rule, let alone someone from the Hip-Hop realm. 

I wonder what songs Charli was putting forth for them to work on...maybe "Interior"?  :icant:

I read that article recently on tumblr, and I was really surprised too! She says "him", so we know the other foot/just desserts was written for a male rapper... That's really weird to me and I want to know who... Was it supposed to be like, her signing the chorus and then him rapping the verses that Charli rapped on the version we now have?

Also Marina once said something about how many songs she had written (or maybe even recorded) for Electra Heart, and when people tried to figure out how many we still don't know anything about, "The Other Foot"/Just Desserts was counted as one that we have... But if it wasn't written for Electra Heart than maybe there's another song we don't know of...

Also Marina once said something about how many songs she had written (or maybe even recorded) for Electra Heart, and when people tried to figure out how many we still don't know anything about, "The Other Foot"/Just Desserts was counted as one that we have... But if it wasn't written for Electra Heart than maybe there's another song we don't know of...

Oh, that kind of makes sense...I believe the number was 22. So if we count the 17 songs on various versions of the album plus EVOL and Electra Heart...that's 19. And then I believe I've heard Miss Y and Scab and Plaster were outtakes, making 21.

Oh, that kind of makes sense...I believe the number was 22. So if we count the 17 songs on various versions of the album plus EVOL and Electra Heart...that's 19. And then I believe I've heard Miss Y and Scab and Plaster were outtakes, making 21.

No, HTBAHB was written shortly after that interview, leaving us with at least two unknown songs...perhaps "Die Life" and "Net Curtains"?

No, HTBAHB was written shortly after that interview, leaving us with at least two unknown songs...perhaps "Die Life" and "Net Curtains"?

Is Die Life a song? I thought it was the first album title.

Was so-called 'Electra Heart' played before shows ever even confirmed as the 'Electra Heart' that everybody thinks it is?

Well, forgetting the repeated "Electra Heart" in the lyrics, she said a while ago that she was considering playing the title track as the opener on the last leg of her tour.

Well, forgetting the repeated "Electra Heart" in the lyrics, she said a while ago that she was considering playing the title track as the opener on the last leg of her tour.

Seriously... I can't believe people STILL call it "lights"... IT IS ELECTRA HEART. And EVEN if it isn't, it is not "Lights"... c'mon people...