Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

It's kind of crazy to me how her beef with Lana really backfired on her. Wishing her the best though, I don't have much hope for her poetry but she's still such a talented artist if she just gave up on the weird performative activism.

Carmen GIF by Lana Del Rey

︵‿୨ ♱ I talk to Jesus / And ask him if he'll think of saving me ♱ ୧‿︵

1 hour ago, star Iux said:

It's kind of crazy to me how her beef with Lana really backfired on her. Wishing her the best though, I don't have much hope for her poetry but she's still such a talented artist if she just gave up on the weird performative activism.

Beef with Lana?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

30 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Beef with Lana?

The whole unfollowing her after QFTC. If they had stayed friends she could have had the revival Lana's having now.

I guess it's not really "beef" I was just being dramatic

Carmen GIF by Lana Del Rey

︵‿୨ ♱ I talk to Jesus / And ask him if he'll think of saving me ♱ ୧‿︵

45 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Beef with Lana?

I believe they’re referring to the general belief that lana and marinas friendship broke off when lana posted QFTC and marina unfollowed her around that time due to it seemingly going against marinas politics/activism/feminism beliefs and what not.

even though there really was no actual “beef” from what we’ve seen.
just what seemed to be a disagreement between the two that ended their friendship. 
we don’t know if there was anything behind the scenes that could have happened. and it’s not like they’ve been shady towards each other as in a, “that froot looks familiar” or “imagery is artistic property please respect your fellow artists” that marina pulled on charli 

I think the “shadiest” thing we’ve had aside from the unfollowing is like lana taking down a post she made that had lanas image on a tattoo with marinas lyrics and people kept commenting about marina..  

edit it was this: lanas-post-yesterday-she-deleted-it-a-co

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

I’ve been really obsessed with sinful again lately (which has always been one of her best unreleased).. it really would have been the perfect b side to shampain :oprah:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

On 7/17/2024 at 1:57 PM, williamprb said:

jealousy multitracks snippets also came out but they got taken down

OMG WHAT WHEREEEE I NEED THEM :cryney2: 

Jealousy is one of my favourite Marina unreleased and I'd LOVE to get my hands on those multitracks for sure :illumarina:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

On 7/17/2024 at 9:49 PM, ultrabanisters said:

did froot 7 minutes ever leak or :keyboard:

idk if its official but i have this https://pixeldrain.com/u/zSeZzygL

PRE-ORDER 'EAT THE WORLD' — A COLLECTION OF POEMS BY MARINA DIAMANDIS HERE:

Regular Hardback: https://marinadiamandis.lnk.to/eattheworld

Hand-Signed Hardback: https://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=113257

From Marina’s Newsletter :

Spoiler

Dear fan

It’s me! I know… It has been a while.

As some of you may know, I love to withdraw between album cycles and take my SWEET time to create a new world of music.

I just played Hyde Park with Kylie this weekend in London and lemme tell you, it feels goooood to be back. I feel primed for 2025.

I have a poetry book called “EAT THE WORLD” coming out on October 29th.

Some of you may not be poetry fans yet— tbh I wasn’t a big reader of poetry before I wrote this book — but I always inspired by the idea of modernising a traditional art form. Poetry can be as resonant as a pop song and that’s my hope for this book.

I’ve written about topics that are relevant to my life as a 21st century woman. E.g The absolute *hellscape* of dating apps, sex, depression, teenage trauma, transformation, break ups and a loneliness that followed me my whole life. Just light stuff.

Writing it really helped me get through a hard chapter of life, so I hope it will bring solace to others dealing with the same issues.

I have the type of brain that can only focus on one project at a time, so as soon as I finished the book, I immediately began writing my next record.

I wrote alone for about six months and then started craving a collaborator to produce and write with. I found the perfect creative partner and we’ve just started production. 🤸 🪽 It feels like a special one.

I don’t like to push myself to create and find that it’s best when I respect the natural flow of life. Everything has its own cadence, even if that’s the opposite of what the industry expects. I always believe that an artist’s instincts work in strange ways in order to transmit their ideas at the perfect time.

Anyway, that’s it for now. Attached are a few poems below! I’m toying with the idea of starting a monthly letter to fans.

Writing is fun. Music is fun. Everything is fun again!

Loveeee, always

Marina

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

13.04.2018 | 04.06.2024

Progetto-senza-titolo.png

20 minutes ago, Fireffie said:

From Marina’s Newsletter :

Hide contents

Dear fan

It’s me! I know… It has been a while.

As some of you may know, I love to withdraw between album cycles and take my SWEET time to create a new world of music.

I just played Hyde Park with Kylie this weekend in London and lemme tell you, it feels goooood to be back. I feel primed for 2025.

I have a poetry book called “EAT THE WORLD” coming out on October 29th.

Some of you may not be poetry fans yet— tbh I wasn’t a big reader of poetry before I wrote this book — but I always inspired by the idea of modernising a traditional art form. Poetry can be as resonant as a pop song and that’s my hope for this book.

I’ve written about topics that are relevant to my life as a 21st century woman. E.g The absolute *hellscape* of dating apps, sex, depression, teenage trauma, transformation, break ups and a loneliness that followed me my whole life. Just light stuff.

Writing it really helped me get through a hard chapter of life, so I hope it will bring solace to others dealing with the same issues.

I have the type of brain that can only focus on one project at a time, so as soon as I finished the book, I immediately began writing my next record.

I wrote alone for about six months and then started craving a collaborator to produce and write with. I found the perfect creative partner and we’ve just started production. 🤸 🪽 It feels like a special one.

I don’t like to push myself to create and find that it’s best when I respect the natural flow of life. Everything has its own cadence, even if that’s the opposite of what the industry expects. I always believe that an artist’s instincts work in strange ways in order to transmit their ideas at the perfect time.

Anyway, that’s it for now. Attached are a few poems below! I’m toying with the idea of starting a monthly letter to fans.

Writing is fun. Music is fun. Everything is fun again!

Loveeee, always

Marina

and you didnt attach the poems lol

and the pre order link https://marinadiamandis.lnk.to/eattheworld

KSaXT8u.jpeg

8QMSdIS.jpeg

Yyuf6mQ.jpeg

XKUspbo.jpeg

2ec2lIE.png

Last.FM | Discogs | JOYRIDE

qVUNz3j.png

Froot the song was really a moment in history wasn't it... What a shame she didn't pull out the music video immediately with the song release and didn't make it so minimalistic. As for a lead single, that was kinda strange, even though obviously the location and her look were gorgeous.

I wonder who her producer is this time?!

:tiffany3:

I remember few days ago she posted a selfie with a guy on her Insta stories and my first though was maybe he is the new album producer

2.gif

1 hour ago, vrtvie said:

Froot the song was really a moment in history wasn't it... What a shame she didn't pull out the music video immediately with the song release and didn't make it so minimalistic. As for a lead single, that was kinda strange, even though obviously the location and her look were gorgeous.

I wonder who her producer is this time?!

froot (song) is genuinely one of my favourite songs of all time. probably top 3. the production, the vocals, the lyrics. i just NEED her to pull another FROOT moment so bad. everything about that record was perfection

FROO OO OO  OOT

LA LA LA LA LA LA

JUI UI UI UICCEEEE

it is actually still my most streamed song of all time acording to stats.fm with 1,005 streams

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

11 hours ago, Embach said:

I remember few days ago she posted a selfie with a guy on her Insta stories and my first though was maybe he is the new album producer

that’s her new boyfriend apparently, she recently followed CJ baran though 

21 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

that’s her new boyfriend apparently, she recently followed CJ baran though 

Oooh, interesting :makeup:

2.gif