Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I just think savages sounds like she was trying really hard to write something deep and meaningful but instead she ended up writing a bunch of cliches. I don't think she was ready to write about that theme and she comes of as really pretentious imo. But the melody and the production is amazing!

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I just think savages sounds like she was trying really hard to write something deep and meaningful but instead she ended up writing a bunch of cliches. I don't think she was ready to write about that theme and she comes of as really pretentious imo. But the melody and the production is amazing!

The thing is, everyone calls Savages and Immortal cliche and pretentious or whatever, but I don't think they are. I really do think she's a good enough lyricist to pull them off. I think the people who think they sound pretentious or cheesy perhaps think so because they don't expect such "deep" material from a pop artist who wrote a song called "how to be a heatbreaker".

The thing is, everyone calls Savages and Immortal cliche and pretentious or whatever, but I don't think they are. I really do think she's a good enough lyricist to pull them off. I think the people who think they sound pretentious or cheesy perhaps think so because they don't expect such "deep" material from a pop artist who wrote a song called "how to be a heatbreaker".

Yeah maybe. But even though I find Savages pretentious I still think it's pretty interesting. Immortal on the other hand is just badly written imo. But maybe that's because I don't agree that the only thing that lives forever is love.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

No...

Savages is just fine, Immortal is very dull though

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace............. Like wtf

immortal is so good, can't deal with those saying it's boring bc it's anything but  :bye:

i haven't listened to the whole record, but i think i'm a ruin is a great track but the acoustic was awful. it barely qualifies as an acoustic because of how edited it was lol

I think it's a sign on how good the album is when everyone has to argue which songs are they think are the worst/ best.

Exactly. It's interesting that songs some people think are the best (Blue, Savages, Solitaire) are thought to be the worst by others. I think every song on the album is great. Except Weeds which is good but seems like the obvious weakest track.

Side Note: the most redeeming quality of Weeds is definitely the guitar solo. I really dig it. I also like the line "I miss all of my exes, they're the only ones who know me, and god knows that sex is a way to feel a bit less lonely".

I think what makes Weeds mediocre is the chorus... The verses and that guitar solo are amazing.