Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

love + fear tour stage

via @mowglisfrog on twitter

S0aCgXE.jpg  

almost looks as if its gonna be projected onto which may be what she meant by the stage changes during the show

Is Marina dancing on this tour? Cuz I'd like to see it :hooker:

I love when merch doesn’t look like merch. I hate just pictures printed on a shirt, like, no. I liked the painted merch she did of the L+F singles, because it didn’t really look like merch. Another good example was that neon nature t shirt with the FROOT pattern, that’s how you do merch.

qfrWuBl.png

yikes she doesn't even have the paintings as tees i guess they're online exclusives

to be honest i dont think the merch is too awful. its not the best but it could be worse.

im gonna buy the black tee and the wristbands on friday and live my best gay life

giphy.gif

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Except ARTPOP was a great album

i agree EXCEPT the demos for that album are better tbh like the demo for Venus SLAYS

but comparing L+F and ARTPOP together is weird

ARTPOP was Gaga's half-assed attempt at making an "technological artistic" album or whatever that she made while being on pain killers for her broken hip

L+F, even though the concept is rather loose w the LOVE and FEAR thing, still relatively works. 

to me, the songs on each side of the album make sense w/ what they're trying to represent.

also idk get the whole "ShE rUiNeD yOu" when all we have is a barely 30 second snippet of parts of the demo, as if that's enough to show exactly what was changed. it could have completely different verses, like how Dark Paradise lyrics were changed

negAbhB.png

Love + Fear is good but like Witness it suffers from the phoniness of the pre-release stuff. She should've billed it as her carefree, happy album instead of claiming the 'psychological pop' route.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

a disgusting tasteless and disrespectful review. can't say i'm surprised, pitchfork has always been utter garbage.

it's kind of spot on tho? like this is exactly what I feel towards the album, and what i've been feeling ever since i heard handmade heaven for the first time.

i mean it's not our fault if marina made a completely uninspired record 

it's kind of spot on tho? like this is exactly what I feel towards the album, and what i've been feeling ever since i heard handmade heaven for the first time.

i mean it's not our fault if marina made a completely uninspired record 

her being happy = uninspired? 

yea it was a poor choice for a lead single and the visuals fell flat but the album is incredible

the fact that anyone can hate NMS, EYL, EOTE, K, TA, STBS  :facepalm:

I'll agree FROOT merch was a lot better, but I actually still love some of the L+F merch - I'll be getting the grey long sleeve top and wristband and maybe more if the exam I'll be taking 5 hours beforehand goes disastrously wrong  :flutter:

Also can anyone see what that thing for £5 is to the right of the tour date t shirts??

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

her being happy = uninspired? 

yea it was a poor choice for a lead single and the visuals fell flat but the album is incredible

the fact that anyone can hate NMS, EYL, EOTE, K, TA, STBS  :facepalm:

no, it's not that. she was "happy" in FROOT too, but back then she had an actual artistic vision of the record she wanted to make, with a consistent sound, visuals and lyrics, and it felt like she knew what she was doing. some lines were incredible (imo Froot is her lyrical masterpiece because it's such a unique twist on a love song that I can't... she invented nature, love, carnal flowers and bloody roses... Happy, Immortal, Solitaire, etc. are highlights too).

when i say "uninspired" i mean that nothing in the record tells me that she was actually driven by a genuine feeling. the visuals are all over the place and don't make sense. the lyrics are corny. the instrumentals are bad

yeah there are good songs, but it's not a mixtape, where you can just pick out the songs you like and it works just fine (like with N1A or Pop 2, even though there are no songs to pick out). a record is more than the sum of its parts, in the good and in the bad. and the rest is largely bad.

so far (ill update as show goes on)

1.handmade heaven

2.hollywood

3.primadonna

4.to be human

5.enjoy your life

6.superstar

7.froot

8.i am not a robot

9.orange trees

transition into fear:

10.im a ruin