Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

24 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Marina is just snobby at times, she means well mostly and is obvious quite nice but you can tell she was raised upper middle class.

You often find these people can be in a bubble sometimes without realising 

18 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I think Marina realised how silly it was pretty quickly anyway but I don’t think she wants to keep in touch with charli because she ignores the @s

apparently they made up according to charli, but she might have said that to get people to shut up over it. I think they both went to the same party during covid too:awkney2:

16 minutes ago, 132 said:

tbf id be slightly annoyed too, but I don't think she should've gone off at charli, rather charlotte 

me too, I sometimes wonder if the ‘that FROOT looks familiar’ was supposed to be a joke, then people egged her on and she got a bit self righteous:rip: at 30 she should’ve been more mature about it though

16 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

me too, I sometimes wonder if the ‘that FROOT looks familiar’ was supposed to be a joke, then people egged her on and she got a bit self righteous:rip: at 30 she should’ve been more mature about it though

honestly i wouldn't be surprised if it was, but also marina can be a bit...i don't wanna say catty but you get me?

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

4 minutes ago, 132 said:

honestly i wouldn't be surprised if it was, but also marina can be a bit...i don't wanna say catty but you get me?

oh she definitely is, she always has been to an extent, especially prevalent on her blog, the way she spoke about britney after a concert… yikes! marina needs to work on her internalised misogyny, I don’t mean that as a joke either. 

also another option, this was a flop marketing campaign, get the girlies fighting for some free publicity (don’t actually believe this, I’m joking)

2 hours ago, EXODUS said:

RIP Marina Boards

Too bad many new fans never got to experience how good it was to have Marina Boards.

When MB changed from the electra to the Froot theme omg memories :xcry:

2 hours ago, AllForYou said:

oh she definitely is, she always has been to an extent, especially prevalent on her blog, the way she spoke about britney after a concert… yikes! marina needs to work on her internalised misogyny, I don’t mean that as a joke either. 

also another option, this was a flop marketing campaign, get the girlies fighting for some free publicity (don’t actually believe this, I’m joking)

What did she say about Brit, just curious considering she’s a massive fan 

13 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

What did she say about Brit, just curious considering she’s a massive fan 

'It's Shitney, Bitch' it's not actually as bad as I remembered, I think my brain merged some of the other blogposts she's made about other women into one:rip: (ie. "She was quite good until she wrecked it all by turning into everything she's not. i.e. going on a diet, dyeing her hair slapper-blonde and flashing her boobies." about lily allen)

it's a bit 'funny' in parts, she's talking about Britney similarly to how we talk about her:air:

Now don’t get me wrong- I will follow her loyally for the rest of my life. I am convinced she’s going through a bad patch. She had a nervous breakdown and shouldn’t really be expected to be breaking out the dance moves. But I just find it weird that talent can disappear so obviously.

13 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

'It's Shitney, Bitch' it's not actually as bad as I remembered, I think my brain merged some of the other blogposts she's made about other women into one:rip: (ie. "She was quite good until she wrecked it all by turning into everything she's not. i.e. going on a diet, dyeing her hair slapper-blonde and flashing her boobies." about lily allen)

it's a bit 'funny' in parts, she's talking about Britney similarly to how we talk about her:air:

SKDJSJDJDHS do you have a link for the Lily Allen blogpost? I tried searching for it on the Wiki but couldn't find :toofunny:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

6 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

SKDJSJDJDHS do you have a link for the Lily Allen blogpost? I tried searching for it on the Wiki but couldn't find :toofunny:

just google marina and the diamonds talks about lily allen

9 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

she deleted a load of her blogposts unfortunately, the ones on the wiki are the ones that are saved via the wayback machine, that's why there's huge gaps in 2009 and the start of 2010, the lily allen one she deleted but that quote made it into news articles:rip:

6 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Lily Allen eats Marina up I’ll just state this

the fact lily forgave marina, and asked to collab with marina on two separate occasions (recently) and marina has done nothing:toofloppy:

2 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

the fact lily forgave marina, and asked to collab with marina on two separate occasions (recently) and marina has done nothing:toofloppy:

When she was the feature on Cruel :true:

6 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

she deleted a load of her blogposts unfortunately, the ones on the wiki are the ones that are saved via the wayback machine, that's why there's huge gaps in 2009 and the start of 2010, the lily allen one she deleted but that quote made it into news articles:rip:

I doubt Allen would want to join in on Marina’s very stale virtue signaling gimmick atp. 

On 2/9/2023 at 6:13 PM, AllForYou said:

‘ancient dreams in a modern land’ is just such an interesting phrase to me:flutter: I kind of wish she saved the song and did a whole concept album around it (not that I have any ideas about what that concept album would be, maybe greek mythology retold in modern age?)

:krylie: Greek mythology retold in modern age would've been such a cool concept and still could've contained social commentary. Like, telling the story of poor Medusa getting her revenge on Poseidon instead of writing those wacky Harvey Weinstein lines. I don't know why but with that album title, I thought Purge the Poison would be about that. It immediately made me think of Medusa/snakes (venom, poison, whatever) and I swore all the album's lyricism would be infused with mythology metaphors. She could've done so much more than just Pandora's Box. Even the climate change could've been explored through ancient pastoral poetry. 

4 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

I doubt Allen would want to join in on Marina’s very stale virtue signaling gimmick atp. 

Marina is bigger than Lily, I’m in the UK where Lily is a lot more relevant but even I can tell you worldwide Marina is a bigger deal.

Of course it would benefit her

12 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

This is what I was referring to before- Charli was @ing for a collab during the crash era but Marina either didn’t care for it or just straight up blanked her.

4 minutes ago, Mash Tragic said:

:krylie: Greek mythology retold in modern age would've been such a cool concept and still could've contained social commentary. Like, telling the story of poor Medusa getting her revenge on Poseidon instead of writing those wacky Harvey Weinstein lines. I don't know why but with that album title, I thought Purge the Poison would be about that. It immediately made me think of Medusa/snakes (venom, poison, whatever) and I swore all the album's lyricism would be infused with mythology metaphors. She could've done so much more than just Pandora's Box. Even the climate change could've been explored through ancient pastoral poetry. 

right?? I wonder if she hasn't done a greek inspired album cause she feels like it's a lot to live up too, I wonder if she worries about what her family (or specifically her dad) would have to say

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

This is what I was referring to before- Charli was @ing for a collab during the crash era but Marina either didn’t care for it or just straight up blanked her.

omg yes I forgot that happened:rip: I think marina doesn't collab cause she's just a bit insecure about it, she's been very public about finding co-writing hard, it must be even more difficult to co-write with artist then wait anxiously on whether or not a load of people say their verses are better or whatever