Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

2 hours ago, AllForYou said:

honestly I just hate the era with a burning passion, I'm sort of indifferent to the album itself, I don't listen to it but I don't listen to much of any of marina's music anymore. I think that's what most people hate about L+F it's not particularly the album it's the era, same with all of her eras tbh. idk if it's exclusive to marina's fanbase but if you ask a froot stan what they love about froot they rarely actually give a song or mention the lyrics/production initially, they usually say the visuals, froot of the month, her interactions (FAQing hell), the neon nature tour etc.

I've said before but if she changed just a few things about the era she could have 'weathered the storm' instead of accidentally decimating her fanbase even with the album how it was.

Let me clarify with a big fat *TO ME*,  the whole era just gave like, "Okay I'm done with this now [throws away the stage personas, outfits, colors, bright shit, anything fun]. We're a matured woman now, with matured woman feelings and matured woman emotions okay? We're MATURE."

I get the whole dropping of "and the diamonds" thing or whatever in the quest for artistic vision and self branding, but it just feels like the L+F era dropped a certain chunk of her personality and presence as well and that void leaves a taste in folks' mouths when they look at it.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

2 hours ago, Jaeden xx said:

What's she smoking, I swear she was promoting these awhile ago or something drop the brand :oprah3:

On 3/2/2023 at 7:23 AM, mssainttropez said:

Marina’s latest story-

B1-E5-E7-BB-9-EDF-4-AB6-A819-173-A79-A3-

She’s an icon fr

From early March 2023

I hope she gets good inspiration from smoking it. Istg if she starts to talk about her political stuff again :stareney2: I remember someone talked here and in Twitter that they can see the political Marina writing about the Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial in her new songs. Oh I can also see her writing about Putin and the war in her new songs too. Imagine AI diss tracks tho :creep:

url%5D

On 7/18/2023 at 11:42 PM, AtomicMess said:

"Okay I'm done with this now [throws away the stage personas, outfits, colors, bright shit, anything fun]. We're a matured woman now, with matured woman feelings and matured woman emotions okay? We're MATURE."

no because literally. the fact she had already started writing the lead single from her next album like 2 months after the release speaks volumes, also love and fear is just kind of 16 different songs stuck together with some cheap ass dollar tree glue with minor connections between a few tracks. anyways let me shut up before we get bombed for the love and fear hate and how it's boring and getting old

HOWEVER, we need reputation (marina's version), so ellie goulding and lana need to attack :pussypower:

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

On 7/19/2023 at 9:25 AM, Embach said:

I remember someone talked here and in Twitter that they can see the political Marina writing about the Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial in her new songs. 

Oh lord… I really don't want to hear either of those names next to each other for the rest of my lifetime :toofloppy:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

12 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

i doubt it tbh

she might have pitched (like birds of prey) at least, idk if she would have actually gotten on it, pink convertible certainly wouldn’t, idk why people are deluding themselves about that

41 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

she might have pitched (like birds of prey) at least, idk if she would have actually gotten on it, pink convertible certainly wouldn’t, idk why people are deluding themselves about that

People think barbie driving in her pink car warrants the song to be picked for the movie…bffr bitches

On 7/29/2023 at 5:48 AM, AllForYou said:

strange to think if marina had one more album with atlantic she might have been on the barbie soundtrack.

A majority of EH would’ve fit so well. Pink Convertible would’ve slayed as well. If there was a scene of Barbie crying in her car, Pink Convertible would’ve been the perfect track </3

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

On 7/31/2023 at 2:33 AM, mssainttropez said:

A majority of EH would’ve fit so well. Pink Convertible would’ve slayed as well. If there was a scene of Barbie crying in her car, Pink Convertible would’ve been the perfect track </3

Haven’t watched the film yet so no spoilers but like just going off of the lyrical content of PC, it would not fit the film. I’d find it hard to believe in barbie we are talking about pollution, climate change and Marie Antoinette

There were several opportunities for Marina in her career and I really don't think Atlantic actually gave a shit about her (not that it's a completely negative thing, she had artistic freedom after all), especially seeing ADIAML vinyl messy release and whatnot.

original.gif

Just now, vrtvie said:

There were several opportunities for Marina in her career and I really don't think Atlantic actually gave a shit about her, especially seeing ADIAML vinyl messy release and whatnot.

I was your 2000th like 🫶🏻

19 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

There were several opportunities for Marina in her career and I really don't think Atlantic actually gave a shit about her (not that it's a completely negative thing, she had artistic freedom after all), especially seeing ADIAML vinyl messy release and whatnot.

I agree, but she has made some weird decisions especially in her self-admitted 'sellout era'. like spending so much of her music video budget on radioactive, which she called a promotional single and lowkey irrelevant to the album whilst she was on the promotional press run for the single:toofloppy: she should have spent that money on primadonna's mv which is iconic in its own right but as music videos go radioactive's has replay value imo. (also iirc the vinyl mess was a lot of artists at the time, the factory they make vinyls in was seriously backed up on orders & it affected bigger artists than marina)

(this isn't directed at you) but I see a lot of people seemingly act like marina's 'lack of (commercial) success' is 100% atlantic's fault or her management (I saw a lot of people blame jess for L+F when jess managed her during FROOT & came up with the froot of the month idea!) when it's really a combination of factors which includes marina.

OK so I'm genuinely curious about the overlap between Lana and Marina fans. I tried her stuff out years ago (like ~2015) and wasn't into it, even though everyone kept saying how "similar" they were. Is this an actual thing or is it just testament to Lana's unique sound when the stylistically closest artists are still so different?

2 minutes ago, CocoPoobles said:

OK so I'm genuinely curious about the overlap between Lana and Marina fans. I tried her stuff out years ago (like ~2015) and wasn't into it, even though everyone kept saying how "similar" they were. Is this an actual thing or is it just testament to Lana's unique sound when the stylistically closest artists are still so different?

It's not really about the sound, it's more of the similar thematics and lyrics of Born To Die and Electra Heart (which made Tumblr community go insane) + they were friends.

url%5D