Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

19 minutes ago, nikkilane77 said:

I mean... the best would be for her to shut her goddamn mouth about whatever's bothering her and just release music :makeup:

Eh, I'm never going to want people to swallow their feelings and just "produce" for the masses. What I am going to want people do to though, once they've reached a certain status and visibility, is approach whatever topics they want to dive into or discuss with a heightened degree of self-awareness and conviction.

13 minutes ago, Speed Driving Coconuts said:

How people feel about her political stance and how they feel about wanting her to release music soon are not mutually exclusive

If this is pointed at my comment I'm high key just memeing about the overall tone of the thread; it goes back and forth so much it just makes me giggle; the same patterns exists in all the fandoms it's basically inescapable.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

21 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:

Eh, I'm never going to want people to swallow their feelings and just "produce" for the masses. What I am going to want people do to though, once they've reached a certain status and visibility, is approach whatever topics they want to dive into or discuss with a heightened degree of self-awareness and conviction.

I don't disagree with you, tbh... I just think Marina is the prime example of someone who has a voice and can advocate/talk about a lot of important issues but doesn't really do it in the best way.

8 minutes ago, nikkilane77 said:

I don't disagree with you, tbh... I just think Marina is the prime example of someone who has a voice and can advocate/talk about a lot of important issues but doesn't really do it in the best way.

Correct, and that's what I mean when I say with self-awareness and conviction. The "ra-ra Marina feminism so fake" comes from the fact that her takes on things feel like tourist activism. Just passing through a topic, sharing a few thoughts on the matter, and on to the next destination.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png

MY HEART IS NUCLEAR, LOVE IS ALL THAT I FEARRRR READY TO BE LET DOWN AND NOW IM HEADING FOR A MELTDOWNNNNNNN

1235579.jpg

Spoiler

how radioactive wasn’t an electro indie pop summer radio hit i will NEVER know or understand (aside from marinas management sucking) 

it should have been up there with lights by ellie goulding and i STAND by that!!! :read:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

50 minutes ago, Escapism said:

MY HEART IS NUCLEAR, LOVE IS ALL THAT I FEARRRR READY TO BE LET DOWN AND NOW IM HEADING FOR A MELTDOWNNNNNNN

1235579.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

how radioactive wasn’t an electro indie pop summer radio hit i will NEVER know or understand (aside from marinas management sucking) 

it should have been up there with lights by ellie goulding and i STAND by that!!! :read:

I agree but in this case it wasn’t her management that was the problem, she was slagging off the song off during its press tour:toofloppy: it really deserved to have a moment but she sabotaged it. 
———

also I’m really loving how this era she’s not overpromising/teasing lyrics etc, especially with her track record of teasing lyrics/visuals and then scrapping them. it is tedious to wait but at least I don’t feel like I’m being strung along like 2017/2018. 

1 hour ago, Escapism said:

1235579.jpg

Hide contents

I fucking LOVE that song. It was my anthem when I was 14 :kris: good old days

url%5D

4 hours ago, Escapism said:

1235579.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

I can’t believe ppl dislike radioactive 

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

2 hours ago, Party Favor said:

thinkin about lonely hearts club and how great she is!

Been one of my top tracks on Electra for a while now. I was ecstatic when it got added on the vinyl for platinum blonde edition but leaves me sad about buy the stars not being there as it is one of marina’s greatest ballads wbk. I feel like they should’ve taken htbahb off the vinyl because we already had it and it’s a strange edition as all the other tracks follow the uk track order except htbahb is there. Then they could’ve had space for buy the stars if that was the problem (which I doubt) but still that wouldn’t be correct because radioactive and sex yeah won’t be on there even tho it’s on Electra heart deluxe uk edition.

All in all the platinum blonde edition vinyl was a mess and they should’ve either kept the track listing consistent to the original regional track listing or put all the tracks from streaming on there. You could see it was lazy though because they couldn’t dig out the og presets for the text on the back cover of the vinyl as well, if you look at the back cover of the jacket (not the slipcase) and compare it to the back cover of the original cd/vinyl pressing then you can see that the shadow on the text is actually incorrect. All in all, Electra Heart platinum blonde edition vinyl should’ve been a 3lp and have different art on the jacket (literally the front cover and gatefold are the exact same as on the original vinyl) and maybe a cooler colour (although the magenta is fine) and maybe even more tracks and a nice bonus photobook or smth with outtakes 😋 to make it a more special product for the price it was originally. And maybe some extra track like unreleased ones as that era has great unreleased songs (maybe there are some that we don’t have yet) that could’ve been a nice addition.

And although you may say that would drive up the price, this thing retailed for £45!!!! For example, Katy Perry’s prism anniversary vinyl came with deluxe tracks and a photo book for £40 and that was real nice quality, splatter pressing and printed inner sleeves (which Electra doesn’t have, only an insert with no photos) so sure they may want to drive the price up if we pushed it and made it a 3lp but this just shows that the original pbe vinyl price was too much. 

So a reasonable price to me would be £55 and that’s kinda pushing it.

Anyways that was a fun rant that nobody asked for

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

4 hours ago, Escapism said:

1235579.jpg

Hide contents

Still absolutely slaps :rollin:

She liked a comment in Instagram saying that new music is coming this year. Also the captions in her new Instagram posts are most likely new lyrics. Thoughts?

url%5D

Good things come to those who wait
But I ain't in a patient phase

tumblr_mn3oxmD3sr1rm1ze7o1_500.gif
Me waiting for M6 like

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

as someone who literally grew up with her, been a fan for 10 years…. i need. neeeeed whatever comes next to be good. i know this has been discussed to death how the quality of the music has significantly gotten bad (at least to mee) but man do i miss marina and the DIAMONDS level of music… 

2 hours ago, reflecting said:

as someone who literally grew up with her, been a fan for 10 years…. i need. neeeeed whatever comes next to be good. i know this has been discussed to death how the quality of the music has significantly gotten bad (at least to mee) but man do i miss marina and the DIAMONDS level of music… 

Watch her roll up with a ukulele and pull some boring ass Ingrid Michaelson/A Fine Frenzy horseshit just to spite us all.