Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

that wasn't meant to be even remotely shady lmao 

i think they're both extremely similar artists and people in general. i wouldn't be surprised if she was inspired by lana in certain ways (and vice versa) so i'd like to find a way to ask her more questions in that regard (without coming off offensive) 

I think she answered that very recently in an interview, she doesn't get the similarities but she likes her. Marina said last week that she hasn't seen Lana in 4 years

BzhmW.png

Idk .. she got so thin .....

I wished she did some photoshoots with the style from the acoustic videos ..

I already loved the EH acoustic video styles and I was so sad we never got an actual shoot with this wonderful execution of the blonde hair/ black roots hairstyle.

The hairstyle she has in Immortal/ the aocustic videos and the acoustic video outfit for Happy is so beautiful ...

I'd also like some official stills from the FORGET video.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

HMV already has Froot on sale for $10. Picked it up, haven't given it a good listen yet. My only complaint would be that the packaging is so dull.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

did anyone else get an email about the signed boxset being late? yesterday they were like "hey, sorry it's gonna be such a long wait (late april), but HEY we're sending you a signed copy of the album right now while you wait" :lmao: like okay thank you marina <333333333

lABVyGE.png

did anyone else get an email about the signed boxset being late? yesterday they were like "hey, sorry it's gonna be such a long wait (late april), but HEY we're sending you a signed copy of the album right now while you wait" :lmao: like okay thank you marina <333333333

i got a similar email expect they didn't say they'd send me a signed copy of the album right now while you wait. 

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_b2jvj2zgfwo4

etc? lol, I don't know what other reference she has in common with Lana, and besides, Deadly Nightshade is a real flower and I highly doubt Marina got it from a Lana song.

"I'm your deadly nightshade" and "I'm in love" in Froot and "I can hear the sirens" in Solitaire... it's kinda obvious she took inspiration from UV imo 

ZmJh1LG.jpg

"I'm your deadly nightshade" and "I'm in love" in Froot and "I can hear the sirens" in Solitaire... it's kinda obvious she took inspiration from UV imo 

These lines are similar/the same, but not one of them is so noticable for a Lana song that you could say that it's a legit influence on marina (as long as she doesn't confirm it).

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Yeah because "I'm in love" is not a recurring phrase in music... :facepalm:

14417469274.gif

These lines are similar/the same, but not one of them is so noticable for a Lana song that you could say that it's a legit influence on marina (as long as she doesn't confirm it).

Well if you take into account all three lines were included in the same record and song (except the "I'm in love" line ofc) then it does make sense, and I haven't really heard Deadly Nightshade mentioned in lots of songs lately...

and @Hundred Dollar Bill don't facepalm me, the way the line is sung is quite similar + the fact that both songs (WC/Froot) end with it repeated twice

ZmJh1LG.jpg