Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Its a really random question but

What "Happy" means to you guys? like what do you feel its about?

I've been listening to it lately cause I'm sort of in a bad place and I don't know why but I always feel pulled back to this song.. so I'm just curious how you guys feel about it

It's a little hard to hear Happy for me because it's an emotion that I have too much struggle. But I think it's very beautiful and seems warm too, although I don't feel comfortable listening (but we're all differents after all tho). Maybe depends of the state I'm at in my life too, but I don't know if I will ever feel completly comfortable with this song. I work contrary sometimes so, sad songs makes me happy and happy songs makes me sad (especially the acoustic-ish :toofunny: ). Maybe I have afraid of happiness too, idk. I kinda relates to that thing that we have afraid of the unknown, although this feeling it's NOT unknown, even if my issue says the contrary sometimes. But yeah, that's how I feel  :smile2:.

PS: I have a better relationship with So-li-taire  :bliss: . This song truly makes me more warm and comfortable when my parents says that I should have friends and a normal teenage life. You know when you were a little kid and sometimes your mommy just embraced you, sang you to sleep and blessed you? It's a similar feeling :).

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

Its a really random question but

What "Happy" means to you guys? like what do you feel its about?

I've been listening to it lately cause I'm sort of in a bad place and I don't know why but I always feel pulled back to this song.. so I'm just curious how you guys feel about it

this probably isn't what Marina intended for it to mean but for me personally it's about finding love and then letting your anxiety/paranoia ruin it .. bc that happened to me with a guy and I ruined all chances we had bc I couldn't "sit back and let the sunlight fall in my lap" :defeated: So yah to me it's about ruining something good because you can't trust that it's a good thing

RVhKIwP.gif

this probably isn't what Marina intended for it to mean but for me personally it's about finding love and then letting your anxiety/paranoia ruin it .. bc that happened to me with a guy and I ruined all chances we had bc I couldn't "sit back and let the sunlight fall in my lap" :defeated: So yah to me it's about ruining something good because you can't trust that it's a good thing

i love this

H0bDaqU.gif

So glad she's back at it again. I'm really hoping she's gonna deliver some delicious bops. 

Also, do you people think it will be a full album or an EP this time around? I know she has talked about potentially making EPs in the future, so I'm wondering whether she'll follow that through or not.

Hearing Marina is back is one of the happiest things to happen in a while. She's been so important to me and the prospect of her not making any more music left such a void.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

i'm so happy ^_^

now that she had her 'i'm so pure-happy-and enlightend' phase, maybe she can go back to write more original songs with actually witty lyrics

I don't think Froot was pure-happy-and-enlightened. The only happy-ish songs are Happy and Can't Pin Me Down. Savages and Better Than That are entirely witty. Most of the other songs are basically about regret/acceptance to the mistakes she's made with her relationships, career, etc. Self-aware may be a better way of putting it.

Bye, I feel this on some next level shit. :(

OT: I'm ready for new music.

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif