Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Anyways, here's my alboom ranking of each songs. It might change over the course of time.

Handmade Heaven > To Be Human > Superstar > Baby > True > Enjoy Your Life > End of the Earth > Orange Trees

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

cancer pretty much rots you from inside, out. Sure, some people can have that whole carefree outlook but it's rare, and I think it's ignorant to push that mindset onto the people who are suffering. But it's not just exclusive to cancer ridden folks, but depressed people, suicidal people etc.

I see ur point now... well... its hard to talk about this

On my first few listens, my ranking is...

1. Handmade Heaven

2. End Of The Earth

3. Orange Trees

4. To Be Human

5. Enjoy Your Life

6. Superstar 

7. True

Unranked is Baby because it just doesn't feel like it belongs to this album? I wish she didn't include it. Generally unimpressed with this album so far because it's missing the uniqueness that Marina always brings to her other projects. HH and End Of The Earth are standouts for me. To Be Human is pretty good too. Some of the lyrics to the songs on LOVE are just very cringeworthy. Overall it's a 5.5/10 for me. Maaaaybe a 6/10. 

Wowwwww @ To Be Human.

Is this song the best sonic arrangement she's ever put together? I think yes girlies.

POWERFUL.

TheProphecyFinal

Here is a link to all streaming services where you can stream my new single, "The Prophecy" :party:

Critics are saying: "It's pretty much the best thing ever" - Anthony Fantano

and "It would be super cool if you listened to it. It may surprise you with how not-bad it is.  It's actually pretty good" - a genuinely unbiased and actual casual pop music listener

Baby because it just doesn't feel like it belongs to this album? I wish she didn't include it 

Honestly I kinda agree. What was that song that was for the album but didn't make the cut?

negAbhB.png

I still want that depressive song like Solitaire and Teen Idle

There's nothing wrong with You

judging by the lyrics of that song, she seems like a LOVE song, so maybe Baby took her place due to it's success?

negAbhB.png

judging by the lyrics of that song, she seems like a LOVE song, so maybe Baby took her place due to it's success?

Judging by the snippets it seems like a good song but by the way it looks she had to put Baby because of marketing reasons

There's Nothing Wrong With You is the next I'm Not Hungry Anymore

this is an unpopular opinion but

I've noticed how a lot of people are complaining that her lyrics this era aren't on par with past eras, and her music is more mainstream pop and all that

But am I the only one who finds it refreshing? (in a way)

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE her deep, psychological/sociological/artistic lyrics (I could write an essay on the artistry and meaning that is Electra Heart) but to just have some lighter-hearted music from her is nice

Not everything has to be TFJ/EH level artistry

negAbhB.png

I hate those geography songs where the artist lists a bunch of cities and stuff but To Be Human is really amazing and the lyrics are beautiful. This song is soooooooooooo Marina it's amazing, one of the best for sure.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I hate those geography songs where the artist lists a bunch of cities and stuff but To Be Human is really amazing and the lyrics are beautiful. This song is soooooooooooo Marina it's amazing, one of the best for sure.

Lighters Up by Lil Kim is shaking rn

negAbhB.png

Marina sweetie...I’m SO SORRY I doubted you.

Edit: Now that I’ve listened through the whole album, EYL is so good. I agree that it should’ve been a single. Orange Trees sounds way better as part of an album. And To Be Human is like Savage’s sister. Ugh. I love this woman. Cannot wait to hear FEAR!

giphy-1.gif 

To Be Human is the best song on the album. I'm surprised.

The End Of The Earth has awesome production, basic lyrics. Handmade Heaven was ok-ok with basic lyrics.

Apart from these three other songs are meh.

Could anyone who has heard the demos give us info if any of the final versions are different from what they heard weeks/months ago?

Enjoy Your Life should’ve been the main single after Baby.

Is fun, the lyrics are lovely and it has potential for a radio hit.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

"To be human" really is a awesome track, I can't stop listening to it! It's the best of the new songs and my second favourite (after HH). Overall I'm not too excited of the album though but I'm looking forward to "Fear". Let's see if Marina can switch gears there.