Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

So is this a list of everything that's been circulating amongst traders?

- Saviour

- There's Nothing Wrong With You

- Miss Y (final version)

- Handmade Heaven (demo)

- Superstar (demo)

- Baby (feat. J Balvin)

- You (demo)

- Karma (demo)

- Too Afraid (demo)

- Soft to Be Strong (demo)

Also a demo of EM, I believe, plus Water Under the Bridge and a bunch of unleaked stem packs for various songs 

Is Saviour really circulating? 

Yep someone who has the song played snippets of it in the Marina discord

I'm also shocked Baby isn't in her setlist. Like I'm not mad about it, but isn't it like her most succesful single from this album? 

Idk why but I’m kinda curious about the Baby demo with J Balvin lol

It’s not good. Her vocals are worse and there’s a weird part where J Balvin makes a farting noise

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

There’s no Miss Y final

As for Saviour I didn’t know it was circulating but from what I got if’s an ugly demo

I mean I’m still curious to hear it tho

The only thing I’m really interested is INHA stem pack

1. Baby demo just has different vocals, a new verse, different instrumental mix and features J Balvin.

2. Saviour is available as a stem pack, and yes, apparently it's a bad song

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

"You know who else I think seems to do social media really well, in terms of engaging and disengaging?

Let me guess... Lana?

You got me. Lana is great with that! For days, weeks.

Months! And that's totally fine. She's a really great person. But social media — it's just such a noisy place, isn't it?"

56196723_378664422726312_802217778419544

Incorrect. The file we have has been leaked by some fan back in 2012 and they edited it. I know and I'm 100% sure about it + there's a new LQ snippet from a recent Discord streaming.

Yeah I know the file we have is an edit

What is new about this version?

Marina has started her Instagram Q&A! I'll keep this post updated as she answers questions.

What is your favourite song off of Fear? My three are Believe in Love, Karma, Soft to be Strong.

So, favourite song off Fear at the moment is... Life is Strange, Emotional Machine, No More Suckers.

How do you stay positive in everyday life?

Honestly what keeps me positive is songwriting. I think that's how I solve problems in my life. So, Enjoy Your Life was written at a time when I felt the exact opposite. So, I don't have the answer. I don't know enough about happiness. Um, but I think have the routine and having perspective, which you can gain with people you hang out with.

What's your favourite lyrics from the album?

I like to think about how we all look from afar. People driving fancy cars look like beetles for the stars. The missiles and the bombs sound like symphonies gone wrong, and if there is a god, they'll know why it's so hard.

What's your favourite song to perform?

Oh my god, this one's from my sister!!! Hi Lafi! My favourite song to perform is Enjoy Your Life and Superstar, and Karma at the moment because they all have awesome choreography.

Too Afraid make me cry because that is my life right now. Any advice to help me?

I think if you're really desperate to make a change in your life you just have to take a leap, 'cause if you're feeling so sad about it that you're crying... then maybe you don't have anything to lose except try something new.

Is there anything that bothers you at the moment?

Yeah, actually. I have to use my phone so much for work, and it bugs me because it tires me out. But the thing is, it's also a really special week because I'm releasing an album. Ugh, I'm so tired!

We know you've felt "lost" before, fo you have advice for those who feel the same now?

Yes! I think instead of trying to avoid or run away from that feeling you've got to go through it, through the bullshit. It might take awhile, but the thing is the more you put it off the harder it'll come back.

Was the lyric about food and towels based on a true story?

It wasn't my story! You're going to have to ask Alex Hope who I wrote the song with because she came up with that line, and I thought it was so hilarious that I had to keep it. But I came up with the 'never ask me how I am' line.

Which city are you talking about in Too Afraid?

Well I'm kind of talking about cities in general in a way, even though I live in London. I just, I'm a country-folk person and I love nature. I find cities really tiring sometimes, but I also love them.

Would you say that you've grown since the beginning of the writing of Love + Fear?

100%. I think the craziest thing about being and artist and releasing records that you have written yourself is that you're like going through an emotional process almost that's completed when the record's out

Will you perform No More Suckers in your upcoming shows? It's one of your staple songs in my opinion.

Yes of course. The setlist changes every leg of every tour I do. So, Suckers will be added, Baby will be added, and some other ones near with time. So, the festival runs this summer will be different and the US.

Do you plan to make new music in the future?

Yes, I'm ready to write again very soon. But I just want to be able to be fluid and be able to do lots of different projects, different types of things, not just albums. Maybe film?

Where is the acoustic lives of this era??? I'm missing it.

*sly look* They're coming.

How does it feel being on tour again?

I actually love it, and this is the thing I found most difficult last time, but I have a brand-new setup. I've got four wonderful dancers on tour with me now who sing and play instruments. I'm doing choreography. It's just completely different.

Would you say that social media has a positive impact in your life?

Um, I think it's had a positive impact for my career and my connection with fans, but I can't say it's positive for my life. I think it's probably neutral, because there's some negatives too.

How did you get so physically fit? What is your workout routine?

Sadly I don't have one at the moment, but I've been doing choreography pretty much every day for two weeks. But also I just don't eat massive packs of crisps anymore at midnight. I stopped doing that in like 2013. *giggle*

Most important question: how are you doing?

God bless you for asking. I'm very good. I'm enjoying tour. I've got a big show in London tomorrow at the Royal Albert Hall, but I really can't wait for a line and I can't wait for a holiday.

Why only 2 Electra Heart songs on the setlist?

Because it's my tour, and I'm a 33 year old woman. So, I'm going to feel different about certain songs like Obsessions or Teen Idle. Y'know, I'm not going to want to sing them on every tour.

Are there any hobbies you want to try out?

Yes! I really want to try a dress making course in the summer, if I get time. & I'd love to do some camping in California... um... what else?? What else, what else, what else...

What's your reading list like at the moment?

This is a nice question! My reading list at the moment includes a lot of Eve Babitz. I'm making my way through all of her books. & I have just ordered some books on the history of LA, because I find it fascinating.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Because it's my tour, and I'm a 33 year old woman. So, I'm going to feel different about certain songs like Obsessions or Teen Idle. Y'know, I'm not going to want to sing them on every tour.

THIS attacked ME

I'm so here for MARINA giving no fucks anymore

There’s no Miss Y final

It was played on Discord.

MARINES!!!!!  :defeated:

I mean of course her feelings towards a song are gonna change but then what’s the point of writing them if you’re gonna say “In x years I will feel differently about them and not sing them anymore”? Like??

I mean of course her feelings towards a song are gonna change but then what’s the point of writing them if you’re gonna say “In x years I will feel differently about them and not sing them anymore”? Like??

Because at the time she wrote those songs she didn’t feel that way. She didn’t write Obsessions thinking “in a couple of years I’ll feel differently about this song and I won’t sing it anymore.” She wrote that song cause that’s how she felt at that time. She’s not in the mindset anymore that she was at while writing those songs, but at the time she wrote them she was. People change.

qfrWuBl.png

Your prayers have been answered and here is Baby rip

https://picosong.com/wEasV/?fbclid=IwAR1JqM3vKUSVh4dSglAdfGz7AEas3eDspINYFsZYZoCvPlqgcH6kPUApH60

I know it's probably not perfect but i've tried my best

wow finally I can replace my playlist lol thnk u King/Queen. Btw the version of Baby from the physical CD also has the intro (with luis fonsi) (which is different from the digital version on spotify itunes...) they made such a mess with this release omg