Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I was thinking about the tracklist and I think I would have ordered it more like this:

LOVE

1. Handmade Heaven
  2. Orange Trees
  3. Enjoy Your Life
  4. Life is Strange
  5. True
  6. Baby
  7. Superstar (swap production with Too Afraid)
  8. End of the Earth

FEAR

1. To Be Human
  2. Emotional Machine
  3. You
  4. Karma
  5. No More Suckers (or replace with Please Don’t Call Me and put as #3)
  6. Too Afraid
  7. Believe in Love
  8. Soft to be Strong

To Be Human would have been an amazing opener for Fear, and I don't know why EM is so far back in the list. Same with EYL. Also, I am just so bothered by how Superstar is produced. I think if it had more upbeat production like Too Afraid, then it would have been better. Conversely, I think Too Afraid with a more delicate production would have been more impactful. Life is Strange sounds hopeful/accepting and I think could go on the LOVE side. I think I am in the minority that did not like the You demo? I thought the big "you!" sounded so Kidz Bop and cheesy.  Please Don't Call Me overshadows these songs so much that it would have been distracting. True/Baby/Karma/No More Suckers could have been cut or replaced imo. If she had reworked INHA with this sound I think it could have replaced a weaker FEAR song. 

Love Marina and am always going to be here for her music, but its only been a week and I rarely come back to anything on this album besides Handmade Heaven, Emotional Machine, and a few others (and PDCM). Not that its bad, just not my taste, so I'll be perched for the next. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

i saw her live yesterday in bournemouth and it was EVERYTHING. the crowd completely lost it at almost every song and they all YELLED the lyrics kljdsflkdsf. i've waited 8 or 9 years to see her live now and it was SO worth it travelling across the ocean to see her in the UK

...i also met her and i got her to sign my "the crown jewels" EP on vinyl and she was so amazed at the fact that i had it :defeated: i'm emo

lABVyGE.png

Soft To Be Strong has become one of my all time favorite Marina songs

I swear it's like she peered into my thoughts and feelings, and wrote a song about it.

yall might call it generic or basic or whatever, but it hits v deep for me, and the bridge is one of her most powerful imo

I would die for an acoustic video of this song, and I know for a fact I'm gonna sob when I hear it live

negAbhB.png

Also, I stand firm in my idea that STBS almost sounds like a response to Electra Heart, especially Fear and Loathing

"Not everyone is out to screw you over
Maybe, yeah just maybe, they just want to get to know you"

"And I made myself believe
Other people wanted to hurt me"

"I lived my life in bitterness
And filled my heart with emptiness"

"I took my bitterness and made it sweet
I took a broken heart and made it beat"

a bit of a reach with these lyrics, I know

negAbhB.png

she slipped an "i'm half greek" in there 

I'm very proud of my Greek heritage, particularly because I haven't talked about it much before ...  :wtfney:

... on other albums  :creep: 

She had me for a minute there thinking our girl had memory problems

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

I'm very proud of my Greek heritage, particularly because I haven't talked about it much before ...  :wtfney:

... on other albums  :creep: 

She had me for a minute there thinking our girl had memory problems

LITERALLY SAME JGKDHGJLKSD

really can't believe Marina got no L+F promo on Lana's instagram at all 

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

do any of you think the die Life song/project will ever come to light (if it even existed in the first place and wasnt just a concept)??

i know EH was mixed up with it but idk it just fascinates me  :flutter:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

do any of you think the die Life song/project will ever come to light (if it even existed in the first place and wasnt just a concept)??

i know EH was mixed up with it but idk it just fascinates me  :flutter:

Girl amen but it's not realistic

At least we got 8 tracks from die Life :defeated:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Now that I've gotten a chance to see (on Youtube, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it more in person) of this tour's set: Her vocals are amazing but everything else feels a bit hollow. I had the same problem with Ariana's latest stage--something about the all white and overall set up feels too empty. Especially when you compare it to the big LEDs of Neon Nature. It looks like a high school production. I have the same opinion about the dancers as I do Lana. I don't hate them, but they don't really add anything more than her band did. Also, the guy is bigger than everybody else, and it throws off the symmetry. More lighting, not just the background projection, would be nice. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

it did exist at one point, in the early stages, but it was merged with her other project (electra heart) to make a darker version of EH, which is what we have today

die life is never coming to light because why would marina revamp a failed project? like it doesnt make sense? 

she didn't even acknowledge INHA after saying that she was gonna do a repackage

Now that I've gotten a chance to see (on Youtube, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it more in person) of this tour's set: Her vocals are amazing but everything else feels a bit hollow. I had the same problem with Ariana's latest stage--something about the all white and overall set up feels too empty. Especially when you compare it to the big LEDs of Neon Nature. It looks like a high school production. I have the same opinion about the dancers as I do Lana. I don't hate them, but they don't really add anything more than her band did. Also, the guy is bigger than everybody else, and it throws off the symmetry. More lighting, not just the background projection, would be nice. 

AGREED. But I do hate the dancers.