Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

People might be overreacting, but she is being unreasonable too...the longer you wait, the higher the expectations are. If she released this album 1,5-2 years after FROOT it would have been fine, but 4 years of wait for this? Come on now. It should have been better after all that time. She should do what Demi & Rihanna used to do just quickly move onto the next era.

I mean, no. She's not being unreasonable at all, because she doesn't owe anybody anything. She makes music for herself and if people like it then cool, if people don't then that's their issue. People build up expectations, she didn't. She barely teased anything during her break, she didn't hype anything up - if people had expectations that's on them.

She talks in her interview about the toxicity of stan twitter & how she wants to distance herself from it & in the very next line she talks about the affinity of gay men with female artists. does she not know that it is mostly gay men who run stan stan twitter & hype her below mediocre stuff?

She was actually expecting everyone to eat her ass & say how inspiring & beautiful her new album is - but people were disappointed & they expressed it. They have got the right to. I mean they promote/hype her stuff & spend money on it. She hides under the veil of spirituality but has become too egoistic to accept the truth. She's barking up the wrong tree.

If she truly enjoyed the prossess of writing the album & it is her 'truth' (or some bullshit) & if she really thinks her work is a masterpiece above criticism - she should stick with it & stop being so whiny.

The users above who are complaining about people expressing their dislike for the album, I'm happy y'all are satisfied & enjoy this kind of music. Good for you. But, to me, it's generic & uninspired af & if I express my dislike for it & I give a logical explanation for it too.

oh lordT jenny, this tea is TOOOOO Good!

I'm someone who reasonably liked the album but I think the criticisms of it are completely justified. if you're going to put a piece of work out into the world, you have got to be prepared for people to not like it with valid criticisms. Marina going off twitter because people weren't unanimously loving it screams entitled + spoilt child lol

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

She really should've left it at froot tbh, an album that actually feels like it has weight as a body of work. L+F couldn't be more surface level, jesse glynne could've released it.

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna

It's okay to express disappointment if you didn't like something you literally gave your money to get. It's okay to feel upset if you don't like something your favorite artist released, you ain't less of a fan because of that alone. You're allowed to dislike stuff about your fave! However, you can also be upset and express your opinions without being toxic or extremely hateful.

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

To be honest, I kinda got the feeling that Marina wanted this album to be loved by everyone, like she wanted it to be well received by people, fans, etc. She also lowkey overhyped it, calling it her best and teasing it. So, to me, basically she had a lot of expectations for this album, which was not okay, because she needs to learn that not everyone is gonna love everything you do, and to respect and tolerate other people's opinions and not get sensitive for them, because everyone is free to share their thoughts, views and opinions even if they're negative.

But I also feel that this album got really overhated quickly, by the same stupid reasons, one of them, comparing it with her previous works. Y'all need to learn that your fav changes, and that their style, lyricism and genre won't never be the same. She's happy now and she expressed it on this album, but y'all disliked it for having a "mediocre and uninspired" lyrical content, just because her sad songs are more deep and sincere.

The album is not really bad, it's neither her best but it didn't deserve all the hate it got, that's all.

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I think her ego has come from how well received FROOT was. Fans praised everything she did pretty much, it was her most critically acclaimed work up until that point and it did really well on the charts in the US considering the release strategy so I think she was just expecting a similar response and when that didn't happen, she got hurt. 

I love her and feel bad for her cause I think she went in with expectations that didn't come through and that must hurt but I mean she kinda needs to move on. 

it's definitely okay to not like L+F. I think that it has it's weak moments and did NOT top FROOT. as a community we we're too harsh but she took it too seriously.

hey at least the album rollout wasn't a mess like it usually is

xMcVPI7.jpg

Sorry for being off-theme but can we just appreciate how fucking hot she looks in Froot's video? christ

it's definitely okay to not like L+F. I think that it has it's weak moments and did NOT top FROOT. as a community we we're too harsh but she took it too seriously.

hey at least the album rollout wasn't a mess like it usually is

But honestly, I've yet to see a harsh response to this album that would cause that much reaction on her. From what I've seen the response on her socials have been nothing but "yasss kwen!" and whatnot. Even critics that could've gone harder on her didn't. Hell, even the comments on here are not harsh to that point.

For me it seems that it's more of something that she can't process about releasing music, which is the part that everytime people say she's underrated and she feels that she's missing something and less about public response.

自由になる自由がある

I think it might sound mean but every album cycle Marina just throw a fit. For real. It's always "Oh It's so great I'm so proud it's my best album to date It's so special." 3 years later "Jesus it was hell I was tired of feeling like shit the tour almost killed me now this is the real me relaxed and happy".

Like it's almost clear that the problem is the way she had expectations that weren't fulfilled yet she'll pretend she doesn't care and post random quotes on her twitter about not caring of what people are saying WHILE FEELING BOTHERED.

leaving twitter and "Marina HQ" ok She's not the first and probably won't be the last artist to have a team to manage your social media. Create a fake account and make it your personal page, whatever.

It feels like she really "lost it" about social media in general. I mean she's the same woman who:

gIUrMBW.pngDtR671hU8AAKuWe.jpg

and basically created Tumblr. And used to own Blogs before (and AFTER) she was famous. She really used to get the power of internet and, for me, it was one of the main reasons how she established a BIG fan base between Electra Heart + Froot (this + the power of visuals but that's subject for another talk).

Of course people change, grow and learn. I don't want her to go on Twitter and call Nicki Minaj anything, but like... "stans called me poor it's so misogynist :((( lenin's body laying dead there buy my album"

a skippable song.. especially with that line .. like sis what

deaf, literally deaf

Is it so hard to admit it’s just a clumsy line? Like kjdkdksk

no, it's your terrible taste

the lenin line amounts to nothing, the song is horrible

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna

SO I've caved in and ordered the vinyl... Is the FEAR side suppose to be printed/pressed the wrong way around?

(The diamond patterned side is my side A)

Well, Bicycle stand.... Anyways here's Baby vinyl version in flac. Never recorded from a vinyl, so may be some noise/clicks here and there.