Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

The new tour's underwhelming, the dancers are just cringey to look at and the set's boring. The Neon Nature tour was so iconic, like, the visuals, the band, the era transitions, the fun outfits, the merch. When she said this tour's different than the tours she did before and that there's a set and all that I was imagining something like this performance of Baby, but this tour's literally just her and her mid LSD trip dancers infront of a white screen with stuff projected onto it. Great vocals tho.

qfrWuBl.png

The new tour's underwhelming, the dancers are just cringey to look at and the set's boring. The Neon Nature tour was so iconic, like, the visuals, the band, the era transitions, the fun outfits, the merch. When she said this tour's different than the tours she did before and that there's a set and all that I was imagining something like this performance of Baby, but this tour's literally just her and her mid LSD trip dancers infront of a white screen with stuff projected onto it. Great vocals tho.

I mean it fits perfectly the album?

i think the l+f tour would be great if she had a live band instead of backing dancers. i love the drum and bass elements of songs when performed live. its weird having a backing track for a live show

i think (with any concert) the artist looks better when they're on their own on stage. it just makes it look more authentic unless you're someone like beyonce who has a full choreo show

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Everyone who's been at the show mention that everything works pretty good live. Wish I could see this next year but Marina seems to be like "is it done yet?" so lel.

I like the dancers and choreo thing. Sounds like a breathe of fresh air into her old show dynamics.

Just wanted to say the Love + Fear tour live does it a lot more justice than the videos that we’d seen posted. I love the album now, at first it was a bit of a shock and a hard hit of change to what she normally releases but I really enjoy what she’s doing and most of the album is just as stellar at her older work but just in a different vein of production. Seeing her in person was surreal, she has the aura of a goddess. Would recommend going to see the tour tbh it heightens the appreciation of the album x100. Hearing Superstar live changed my entire perception of the song- other faves were Karma, FROOT, and I’m a Ruin was so fun to hear live as she had the whole crowd sing the hook with her. Wish I could go back and experience it all again.

I still find it disappointing how she’s blatantly watered herself down (shortening name, weaker lyrics, more basic production) Being more famous and generic isn’t necessarily a good thing because you have to basically release garbage. She’s tried to update her sound and make it a bit more accessible which hasn’t worked. Honestly she should realise having a core or niche fan base is better and more genuine. I thought she was someone who valued her work and music as art....to think maybe she just wants to be top of the charts and to be like Katy Perry feels hollow and not very genuine .

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Karma is really one of the best on L+F eh

you misspelled To Be Human

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I still find it disappointing how she’s blatantly watered herself down (shortening name, weaker lyrics, more basic production) Being more famous and generic isn’t necessarily a good thing because you have to basically release garbage. She’s tried to update her sound and make it a bit more accessible which hasn’t worked. Honestly she should realise having a core or niche fan base is better and more genuine. I thought she was someone who valued her work and music as art....to think maybe she just wants to be top of the charts and to be like Katy Perry feels hollow and not very genuine .

Wait are you serious? :toofunny:

What exactly screams “top of the charts” about anything on this album??? I know L+F doesn’t follow a theme or concept like her past releases, but to compare it to Katy Perry? That is the biggest reach. :facepalm:

So because there’s no *theme* she no longer values her work/music as art?? Y’all are so self-centered, when you don’t like something it’s complete garbage & not art anymore - lol.

14417469274.gif

I’m not confused about your opinion I just don’t agree. Lol. Yes things are a little watered down but if Marina was really trying to sell out, I don’t think L+F is the record she would have made.

I honestly think that creating concepts for her first 3 albums & trying to please all the ungrateful gays exhausted her & that’s why she decided to just relax & enjoy making music for the fun of it. Not taking herself as seriously or worrying about how “interesting” the lyrics sounded. Orange Trees is very simple and basic yea but it’s a sweet song that I personally think is just as Marina as anything from her previous albums.

14417469274.gif