Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

On 8/8/2024 at 9:28 AM, vrtvie said:

I just remembered she randomly revised Electra Heart and I'm Not Hungry Anymore after L+F was smashed by her fanbase but when Bubblegum Bitch gained its fame while ADIAML was out and Atlantic wanted her to shoot a MV, she said she can't go to the past, this bitch :brigitte:

this is so funny cause wasn’t electra in the venus fly trap video? like ma’am you literally turned back the clocks,  changed the past and rewrote history telling us that bitch croaked on sleeping pills and had her valley of the dolls jennifer north moment…but ok… :brigitte:

Spoiler

0jdt8n2v53471.jpg?auto=webp&s=dfe03b2bba

though I assume it’s more to do with wanting to focus on ADIAML/not relating to EH anymore.

plus considering she begged for BB to be a single back during the eras course over a decade ago but her label refused since it couldn’t get radio play in the UK due to censorship laws or something 
and then it being one of her more popular songs without promo for years and when it’s fully pushed to the general public (due to tiktok) it becomes her most streamed song…

which goes to show that BB likely could have gotten primadonna & HTBAH kinda numbers. it certainly would do better than any of the other songs that got videos.

so i wouldn’t blame her if she’s a bit petty and bitter about it even though we’re still the ones left without a BB mv. she deserved her creative control and Atlantic just wasn’t ready for the kind of genius marina had during electra heart. :tiffany4:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

I'm probably the biggest Love + Fear stan out of the Diamonds fanbase lmao :xgiggle: but I still think that Froot is her best album and Froot is my favorite Marina album as well (L+F is 2nd - even though I love it).

2.gif

3 hours ago, Escapism said:

she deserved her creative control and Atlantic just wasn’t ready for the kind of genius marina had during electra heart. :tiffany4:

this very much. neither atlantic nor the world was ready. but that adult electra cameo was obviously just a joke

:tiffany3:

2 hours ago, vrtvie said:

this very much. neither atlantic nor the world was not ready. but that adult electra cameo was obviously just a joke

yeah idk why so many people take that so seriously 

she only tweeted that cuz people were joking about it

it doesn’t even look like electra…. she just had a fuck ass blonde wig on 😭 

3 minutes ago, brandon said:

yeah idk why so many people take that so seriously 

she only tweeted that cuz people were joking about it

it doesn’t even look like electra…. she just had a fuck ass blonde wig on 😭 

Yeah, it was actually a 1920s silent film star.

2.gif

one of the poems she's teased so far kinda goes into one person that seventeen is about so i wouldn't be a hater just yettttt

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

22 hours ago, vrtvie said:

I know right! Anyway L+F has some cute moments. Her saying vague stuff like "that wasn't it" is kinda lame and banal. She should know how to distinguish good and bad lyricism in her work... I wonder if she's gonna write the album alone again.

I wouldn’t say cute… it’s definitely an album that doesn’t cause hearing loss if heard under a certain threshold of volume! And it’s able to move the air in a way that produces sound. 

but yeah its kinda lame her response to it. My issue with Marina has always been how fake she is… every album cycle she’s like heyyy I’m SO GOOD! Feeling OVER THE MOON! This is my BEST WORK! and then it’s like no I wanted to kill myself that was so bad can we move on. 

like why aren’t you honest about your feelings? I feel like it also bleeds into her music. She hasn’t been honest in a while. And unfortunately she doesn’t do fake/artificial very well either

1 hour ago, rancidgirl said:

one of the poems she's teased so far kinda goes into one person that seventeen is about so i wouldn't be a hater just yettttt

okay I’m suddenly sat lmaooo

Remember ‘Love + Fear’? We shall gently call her my ‘least loved’ record. She’s not a bad album, but she lacked my usual creative force. Written during a period of illness and my Saturn return (a notoriously sketchy chapter for most 29- 31 year olds), she was less of an album and more of a vehicle to get me back into the world again.

She was liked, but not loved, which of course stung in the moment. But it taught me how important a connection with your internal creative compass is when you aren’t physically in tune. Around that time I had many recurring dreams about falling from huge cliffs into the sea, and I remember vowing to never read Twitter replies again. I never quite got back on Twitter again. But it turned out to be a helpful experience and healthy for the ego.

What she said about L+F is true but is she still traumatised to remind herself how hurtful Twitter has been?? :ponder:

Her whining about love and fear is so unnecessary lol. I’m sorry but when you choose the path of an artist the quality of your work is what you get judged by. If you didn’t want to work on your craft you could’ve been an accountant 

On 8/24/2024 at 9:55 AM, Charlottexseax said:

every album cycle she’s like heyyy I’m SO GOOD! Feeling OVER THE MOON! This is my BEST WORK!

i feel like most artists, if not all of them, are like that with most of the stuff they put out. yes, it's part of marketing strategies but it's also a reflection of the state of mind, i mean, no artist wants to put out stuff that they judge as inferior to previous material, even if they end up realizing it's not that great later down the line. it's just human behavior, really. and of course, you want it to sell on top of that, so you gotta present it greatly 

5 hours ago, vrtvie said:

What she said about L+F is true but is she still traumatised to remind herself how hurtful Twitter has been?? :ponder:

You'll never know how something affects someone's mental health. As she said she was ill at that time as well.

2.gif

14 minutes ago, SinclairKills23 said:

It’s literally someone speaking French… don’t be ignorant 

i think they're in the wrong thread bc what does it have to do with lana and blue banisters 😭 but i also don't speak french so i suppose some of it got lost in translation

4 hours ago, Embach said:

You'll never know how something affects someone's mental health. As she said she was ill at that time as well.

I do know and that's why I'm just asking, not in an offensive way. But coming back to this especially after saying the exact same thing some time ago seems kinda strange. It's as if she were to release her sixth album and suddenly said again how badly her sophomore one was treated by the critics (EH - waaay worse than L+F). Also, if she still feels kinda "not satisfied" with L+F I wouldn't say no to a reworked album or a more precise compilaton without such fillers like You but that's sadly not gonna happen (acoustic EP was a good step towards that tho).

The point is, she just loves explaining herself how badly she did something, like with deeming TFJ a failure in the US and then saying how it's because Americans were obsessed with Katy Perry and Lady Gaga?? Is she really blaming the planet for her final product Love + Fear was? We've all seen the initial Aquamarina concept and it was much less bland. The only remains of this we have is Superstar MV.

We're all over L+F, just give us a good album without neither "enjoy your life ;)", "there were riots in America just when things were getting better" nor "capitalism made us poor :poordat:" and "fucked with the food chain, fucked with the farming too, and now food don't taste like it's meant to do" rhyming.

"Part of me wishes those years had been different— I still feel the loss." 

Since the promotional tour of Froot, she has been so open with fans about her struggles and progress, and it is great to see how much grace she has for what she deems to be mistakes or setbacks. I appreciate that she is not afraid to discuss how previous albums were perceived while remaining optimistic about how her current work is shaping up. Excited for the poetry book tour and M6.

b5f96a513596dd4a44c55d32368ce21fa3ce5a7f.gif

God bless America—and all the beautiful people in it