Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Okay, I'm not going to lie, between this and the Cinnamon snippet and HTD/VB live performances, I am HYPED!

Baby sounds like such a bop and I hope y'all don't sleep on it!! Sure, it might not be your fave Marina song but let's just be fucking grateful the Marina drought is almost over now and she's finally coming through!

The final Disconnect was already super plain, the name change and now both Baby and Emptional Machine sound generic and uninspired af

1. She's not responsible for the final version of Disconnect (which is also a collab), as she's not a producer

2. I wish she stayed with the MATD but she wanted to be honest with her artistry so I respect & understand her

3. I love Baby, it is super catchy & got good lyrics and production

4. EM isn't a good song (one of her worst songs ever) I totally agree, but that doesn't make her 'basic'

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

1. She's not responsible for the final version of Disconnect (which is also a collab), as she's not a producer

2. I wish she stayed with the MATD but she wanted to be honest with her artistry so I respect & understand her

3. I love Baby, it is super catchy & got good lyrics and production

4. EM isn't a good song (one of her worst songs ever) I totally agree, but that doesn't make her 'basic'

woah woah woah EM is a great song

giphy.gif

i don't understand why her decision to be true to herself and switching to just Marina as her artist name is an issue with some people, it's not like she's rejecting us (the diamonds) or acting like it never was a part of her career, it could've been a lot worse like how natalia kills switched to teddy sinclair

her talent stays the same and it's normal for her to explore her musical genre and imo disconnect was very good and baby sounds like it's gonna be just as great

It sounds boring now and it has nothing to do with "being true to yourself". She spends too much time with those "love yourself" ted-talks. But the main issue is her talent fading. Baby is a mainstream-mess-shit and Emotional Machine sounds like she searched the garbage can for some EH leftovers.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The final Disconnect was already super plain, the name change and now both Baby and Emptional Machine sound generic and uninspired af

1. The Production wasn't her fault

2. We just got a live perfomance of EM, I do think the lyrics on the chorus are trashy, but let's not judge the song completely.

And about Baby, it really is a good song, I love the lyrics and you guys are really negative just because she's exploring new genres

but baby as a title is really ugly

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: