Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

"Baby (with Clean Bandit)", does this mean there'll be a solo version without Luis Fonsi? 

She said that Baby doesn't really fit into the album but once you hear it it'll make sense, so maybe there's an alternative version on the album?

I hope the solo version is on the album nnnn

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Marina's currently answering questions on her instagram story!! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

The fact that Baby is on this already makes this her worst album  :rip:

I'd rather Baby to be in the album than Disconnect tbh

MARINA'S INSTAGRAM Q&A

I'll update this post with her Q&As for anyone who can't watch :

How are you feeling? Love you queen!

Good morning! I am feeling full of cold, but I am so happy that I have been able to reveal my album name and tour dates, so I'm here to answer some questions.

What is the general sound of LOVE + FEAR? Really excited to hear it!

I would say the general sound is quite simple, and direct, and spacious, and fresh.

Is LOVE + FEAR era the one you are most excited about?

It's hard to say because Electra Heart was really fun to make, FROOT was brilliant because I suddenly felt very confident in myself, and LOVE + FEAR I feel very calm and confident, so... (shrugs and smiles)

Come to Brazil my queen, please. Brazil love you.

You know if I can, I will because I fucking love Brazil so much. I've had some of my best shows there, so if you guys invite me I will come.

What inspired you to drop 'and the diamonds' from your name?

So this is one that I've been asked a lot, and all I can say is that it felt like a natural part of my growth as an artist. I wanted to simplify things and I wanted to feel more authentic.

It says presale codes will only be valid for UK shows when you try to buy from the US site?

Okay, this is my fault for tweeting this because it was incorrect, but if you're a US fan you can't get an early presale code, but you will get early sales next week, and I will give you full info on that on Monday.

What shirt are you wearing?

Today I am wearing a shirt that I got at the Rose Bowl the other day in LA. It's a Spice Girls shirt that's also a Vogue magazine shirt!

Is there anything that differentiates this tour from your previous tours?

Yes, I am planning to have very minimal stage design and I am going to have dancers and backing vocalists, which I have never had before.

Top 3 inspirational artists that shaped your music to what it is today?

Top three artists - Madonna, Fiona Apple, and Kate Bush.

Why did you choose those specific themes of LOVE + FEAR?

So when I was listening to my album when I finished it, I realised I couldn't make an album of 12 tracks, it just felt completely wrong, and so I thought why don't I do 2 collections of songs that form a set?! After I did that and listened to the album a few times, I noticed that a lot of the songs could be categorized in terms of coming from a place of love and a place of fear and this felt very natural, universal, and simple to me, so that's why I called it LOVE + FEAR.

What is the most political song from the new records?

It is called 'To be Human'.

Can you tell us a little bit about the song you' re most excited about releasing on this album?

Yes, 'Orange Trees'! It's so light and fresh, I love it. It was written about the island that I'm from, Greece. I'm also very excited about 'Life is Strange' and 'Superstar'.

What's your skincare routine?

Um, it's complicated. I actually have melasma on my forehead which is kind of like hyper pigmentation, so I have prescriptive creams for that & then on my other parts I just use serum and moisturizer.

What do you feel when you sing Baby song with Clean Bandit? Excellent performance, kiss you.

I usually feel like "oh fuck!" because it's such a hard song to sing, it's so fast. & actually I just remembered my dream from last night, I was singing 'Baby' in my dream and showing people.

What is Karma about?

Well, it's partly about how men in the music and film industry can't get away with abusing women anymore.

What helped you feel so calm and confident?

I think it's just age. I'm 33 now, so I don't know, I think taking a break has helped, but I really don't have the answer 'cause I'm not calm and confident all the time, but I do feel great now.

Handmade Heaven was the PERFECT debut single for this era! What made you choose it?

This is a really good question. I didn't know what to go for for this first song. I was nervous about Handmade because it's not really representative of the record, but I thought it was important because I thought it was important to start this album with something that was peaceful and about love and loving the earth and it didn't feel like the world need a bop.

Can you sing a bit of orange trees?

Uh oh. Ooooorange... (laughs) I can play you a little bit!

(recording playback) Oooorange, oooorange, oooorange

What's the biggest change you've seen in yourself since the "and the diamonds" era?

I think probably that my artistry is like a significant part of me, but it's not who I am 100%. I think I could do anything with my life, and it's taken a lot to come back to music. By the way, I mean that in a positive way. I'm only doing this because I really want to, it's not because I have to, and I think that's a really beautiful thing, but it's also good to know yourself outside of your job.

Are there any sad bitch hour songs lol?

This is funny! Yes, there are some sad bitch hour songs. (laughs) But not loads, they're not like, it's not a dreary album. Like, FEAR is full of bangers. LOVE is very light and reflective.

How many songs, I mean, babies, will we get? BTW I love you.

16! 16! Can you believe it? First time in my career, I'm doing a double album. Oops - I mean two collections.

Do you like Billie Eilish?

I absolutely love her. I think she's a genius, and it freaks me out that she's so young and mature. (laughs)

What's something you would tell your younger self?

Something I would tell my younger self is not everybody has to like you. It's fine.

Okay guys, thank you guys for all your questions! That's it for today. Happy Valentine's. I've just put the tracklist out and I can't wait to see you guys. Mwah!

Edited by Elle
updated

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

"Baby (with Clean Bandit)", does this mean there'll be a solo version without Luis Fonsi? 

She said that Baby doesn't really fit into the album but once you hear it it'll make sense, so maybe there's an alternative version on the album?

It might be different on the physical CD, but the iTunes/Apple music pre-order lists it as the Luis Fonsi version

coming for Electra's wig for most basic album  :rip:

She didn't lie tho

She just finished up her Q&A. I've posted the full transcript of the videos here.