Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

i just listened to the itunes snippet of You because i wanted to see what the hate was about and

i’m genuinely confused????!!! like it’s really not that bad and kind of a bop tbh. i mean, it’s definitely not

her best song but it’s not as horrible as some of y’all say.

i swear y’all are on something.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

i just listened to the itunes snippet of You because i wanted to see what the hate was about and

i’m genuinely confused????!!! like it’s really not that bad and kind of a bop tbh. i mean, it’s definitely not

My exact thoughts! All in all the album is good but I prefer Fear

tumblr_m9li5eLE0H1rah8xoo1_500.gif

just started FEAR and i’m currently on You and wow? i think it’s beautiful honestly. this is blowing LOVE out of the water so far

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

This is definitely a departure from the sounds she did before but this is actually a really mature and interesting album!

That being said, I'll overplay it for a week and come back here to check if I still have the same opinion on it

First we feel; then we fall.

caved and just purchased all the fear songs instead of waiting on my cd to ship in 3 decades

i don't know why but believe in love reminds me of chairlift and i'm HERE for it.

life is strange is disappointing on first listen but it'll probs grow on me

you sounds heavenly thus far... are y'all out of your mind?  omg this chorus is so much less, generic- that being said i wanna hear the original now

karma is so chill i'm really enjoying this one - definitely interested in this demo too.

emotional machine's drums sound SO much better than the live version.  thank god it doesn't sound so ghastly here

too afraid's chorus definitely elevated what i thought was gonna be a rather basic song.  i can see this being a good song for travel (ironically)

her vocal inflection on no more suckers is weird, not bad, but is confusing me.  chorus is pretty predictable and i don't know if i am as into it as others- reminds me of the chorus to handmade heaven but like, more grating?  idk.  hope this one grows on me.

verse 2 of soft to be strong introducing those drums brings the track up imo.  really appreciating how, idk, cohesive this is?  like idk the whole thing almost sounds suspended in air and i appreciate the consistency here.  chorus 2 definitely is leagues better than the first one.  i don't know about this being a closer but it's quite sweet- love the weird glitchy vocals in the background of the bridge too!

overall?  probably top 5 of the year at the moment.  16 tracks of which i am not totally in love with 3, and those 3 are still good!  definitely wanna spend more time with this and i hope the era gets a decent bit of promotion via videos and all that.

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

handmade heaven

orange trees

enjoy your life

true

to be human

end of the earth

believe in love

life is strange

too afraid

soft to be strong

got rid of the filler.

You really tried sneaking orange trees in huh

R5sPD4M.jpg

Marina thanked Lana in her album credits <3 

D5DO_XpU8AAyGZK.jpg

Thanking Lana is the sweetest! 

I haven't heard Fear because when I heard the earlier songs I was so unimpressed. That Oranges song is awful. Later I'll go on spotify and listen to the Fear side and see if I like it.

Marina thanked Lana in her album credits <3 

D5DO_XpU8AAyGZK.jpg

Thanking Lana is the sweetest! 

I haven't heard Fear because when I heard the earlier songs I was so unimpressed. That Oranges song is awful. Later I'll go on spotify and listen to the Fear side and see if I like it.

Omg the EM chorus :defeated: I’m a machiieeeene

I try not to rank the songs on an album right after it’s released (if I do it it’ll be in the Random Rankings Thread hehe) but I rank her albums as this: 1 Love + Fear

2 Electra Heart

3 FROOT/TFJ (this revolves depending on my mood hehe)

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

The album version of You is better than the demo, you can clearly hear why she changed it, fits the mood of the song so much better than the YOU scream. One of the best on the album tbh

no

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I only like too be human and too afraid... I’m disappointed. I can listen to EH straight through but maybe it’s because I was 14 when I first listened to it and because of nostalgia.

Nah, it's because EH is better.

Fear is slightly better than the Love half, but still rather disappointing. Don't get me wrong, this would a serviceable pop album by an average pop girl, but it definitely doesn't live up to Marina's usual standard. It just lacks the charm, wit, and well, brilliance in both writing and production that her past works had. This is just... okay. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif