Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

BELIEVE IN LOVE 4/5 - What a great song to pick up where EOTE left. Definitely feels like a continuation of that song. The synths and drums build up to such an emotional, nostalgic chorus. I wish the mood of Fear was more like this song. 

LIFE IS STRANGE 2.5/5 - Although the cello sounds amazing and the melody is reminiscent of The Family Jewels, the chorus falls flat and brings the song down immensely. Even though the watered down lyrics is common, you can really feel the 'basicness' in the chorus of this one. 

YOU 2.5/5 - Picking this song for the album was one thing, completely butchering it is unacceptable. It was average before, but it had a punch, it was a banger. Now it could be to soundtrack to a minimalist vlogger's vid. The tropical chill vibes are not it.

KARMA 3/5 - Another completely new production. It gave the song the punch it needed, unlike YEW!. Some new vocal takes, new drop. Feels fresh. I like this song, sits somewhere in the middle for me. Great summer's bop. Didn't need the trap percussion. 

EMOTIONAL MACHINE 4/5 - Always loved and defended this song. It has that weird Marina feel to it. Subtly improved from the demo, they added some new drums which fit the song and elevates it. The live version never did it justice. 

TOO AFRAID 4.5/5 - Just like Emotional Machine, this has always been a favourite of mine and subtly improved from the demo. Has my favourite lyrics of the whole album, you can really feel the bittersweetness. It was rarely talked about before release and it will definitely be the underrated gem of the record. 

NO MORE SUCKERS 3/5 - This is around the level of Karma for me. You can tell the lyrical content is inspired by her psychology course, talking about deeply rooted patterns and picking the wrong partners. The chorus is huge, what an earworm! 

SOFT TO BE STRONG 3.5/5 - This is a great song to end the album on. They, of course, added the trap percussion for the final mix whereas the demo is more acoustic. Still, it does not take away greatly from the song (unlike Superstar) and we end the album on a very sweet, hopeful note. 

-

Edited by 27968
Please do not request illegal download links to officially released content that is available for purchase or streaming!

leak TNWWY so we can move on from the worst album of her career

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna

Can someone DM a link quick pls 

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by admin
Please do not request illegal download links to officially released content that is available for purchase or streaming!

Screen-Shot-2019-06-08-at-1-23-58-AM.pngScreen-Shot-2019-06-08-at-1-19-10-AM.png

How does this compare to EH?

nothing does honestly, but i like more tracks from this than EH. the visuals from that era along with always make it better than anything honestly.

DM me  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

Edited by admin

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I will never forgive her for ruining my most anticipated song in her entire career - 'You'.

She really changed everything about that song - chord progression, beats, vocals (some of them are kept from the demo tho), and the entire production and vibe the song has to offer.

Besides that, fear has some outstanding songs such as Emotional Machine.

First listen ranking:

Believe in Love - 6/10

Life is Strange - 5/10

You - 6.5/10

Karma - 7/10

Emotional Machine - 9/10

Too Afraid - 4/10

No More Suckers - 6/10

Soft to Be Strong - 6/10

Overall:

FEAR - 62/100 

giphy.gif

I'll agree that this is probably her worst album, however I still love it nonetheless! :defeated: Plus her previous albums have had to grow on me anyway - especially TFJ which I wasn't as sure about at first but now it's her second best album (behind FROOT). I think this will also be one that grows on you over time, and I do really love the simplicity behind it as well as the themes she is exploring throughout :flutter:

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Believe in Love - 7/10

Life is Strange - 5/10

You - 9/10: still a GREAT song after the change. 

Karma - 5/10

Emotional Machine - 10/10

Too Afraid - 9/10

No More Suckers - 10/10

Soft to Be Strong - 6/10

can someone DM me a link 

Edited by admin

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif