Greeeeen

The Album BTD is emotionless .......

Hi everyone, I'm the one who's been relaying the messages to Greeeeen from another forum in the hopes that she would post my arguments for me so that I wouldn't have to create an account on here (which is evident by the sudden grammar change).

Please don't revoke her posting privileges for posting my arguments.

Here are the receipts in case you need them (althought I'm not entirely sure if guests are able to view the thread): http://stanbase.com/...?tid=5&page=147

Guest Maru the Cat

Hi everyone, I'm the one who's been relaying the messages to Greeeeen from another forum in the hopes that she would post my arguments for me so that I wouldn't have to create an account on here (which is evident by the sudden grammar change).

Please don't revoke her posting privileges for posting my arguments.

Here are the receipts in case you need them (althought I'm not entirely sure if guests are able to view the thread): http://stanbase.com/...?tid=5&page=147

I didn't revoke her posting privileges for the points that were being made, I did so because she was being rude and disrespectful in the process... not to mention the fact she/you were totally unwilling to listen to other POVs and just had an "I'M RIGHT" mentality. No, that doesn't cut it here. You discuss and you listen and you consider other people's points. You may not agree with them, but you don't shoot them down when you were initially asking for them.

You want to make these points? Sign up and start a fucking thread. How fucking hard is that?

I didn't revoke her posting privileges for the points that were being made, I did so because she was being rude and disrespectful in the process...not to mention the fact she/you were totally unwilling to listen to other POVs and just had an "I'M RIGHT" mentality. No, that doesn't cut it here. You discuss and you listen and you consider other people's points. You may not agree with them, but you don't shoot them down when you were initially asking for them.

You want to make these points? Sign up and start a fucking thread. How fucking hard is that?

I'm not necessarily a Lana fan (I bought the deluxe edition of Born To Die, but that's about it) so I wouldn't be using this forum anyway... besides, I would probably be banned if my first posts were points made in the previous posts.

She wasn't being disrespectful on purpose; I made MUCH harsher comments and from what I've seen, she watered them down; her posts and mine probably mixed a bit.

Also, I didn't ask for the viewpoints of others, they just said them. Greeeeen was asking for your help to defend her stance (as stated in the OP)

Guest Maru the Cat

I'm not necessarily a Lana fan (I bought the deluxe edition of Born To Die, but that's about it) so I wouldn't be using this forum anyway... besides, I would probably be banned if my first posts were points made in the previous posts.

She wasn't being disrespectful on purpose; I made MUCH harsher comments and from what I've seen, she watered them down; her posts and mine probably mixed a bit.

No, you wouldn't have been banned. This is not an "OMG LANA IS FLAWLESS!!!!" community. If you take the time to look around, you will see plenty of criticism about her and her artistry. I myself have delivered some very harsh criticism about her songwriting and persona.

You can make the points you made without being a jerk about it and without shutting down other people's opinions after you've asked for them. It becomes apparent you have no interest in discussing anything it appears to forum members that you only want to tell people how shitty other people's opinions are if they don't agree with you.

Maybe she wasn't being disrespectful on purpose, but you know what? She was, and the forum doesn't tolerate dick-ish behaviour. And I don't care about comments YOU made and how much harsher they were. SHE posted them, not you. No one put a gun to her head and forced her to post these things.

Temporary post-restriction still stands.

And if you still want to discuss this, by all means, make a new thread and attempt not to put down anyone's points when they contribute to the discussion.

I'd rather not get involved in this community (no offense to anyone, it would just consume the rest of the time I have in my already non-existent life catpink.png); I just came to defend my friend. I may be biased on this, but I still don't think it's fair to revoke posting priveleges without a warning beforehand, but I'm not gonna tell you how to do your job; do whatever you think is right.

I may log back on here sometime in the future just for the heck of it, but in case I don't, I would just like to wish you all happy holidays and a most wonderful new year.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a final thesis due in less than 48 hours and I've barely started working on it catbounce.gif.

No, you wouldn't have been banned. This is not an "OMG LANA IS FLAWLESS!!!!" community. If you take the time to look around, you will see plenty of criticism about her and her artistry. I myself have delivered some very harsh criticism about her songwriting and persona.

You can make the points you made without being a jerk about it and without shutting down other people's opinions after you've asked for them. It becomes apparent you have no interest in discussing anything it appears to forum members that you only want to tell people how shitty other people's opinions are if they don't agree with you.

Maybe she wasn't being disrespectful on purpose, but you know what? She was, and the forum doesn't tolerate dick-ish behaviour. And I don't care about comments YOU made and how much harsher they were. SHE posted them, not you. No one put a gun to her head and forced her to post these things.

Temporary post-restriction still stands.

And if you still want to discuss this, by all means, make a new thread and attempt not to put down anyone's points when they contribute to the discussion.

Maru: Tough On Crime.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Guest Maru the Cat

I'd rather not get involved in this community (no offense to anyone, it would just consume the rest of the time I have in my already non-existent life catpink.png); I just came to defend my friend. I may be biased on this, but I still don't think it's fair to revoke posting priveleges without a warning beforehand, but I'm not gonna tell you how to do your job; do whatever you think is right.

I may log back on here sometime in the future just for the heck of it, but in case I don't, I would just like to wish you all happy holidays and a most wonderful new year.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a final thesis due in less than 48 hours and I've barely started working on it catbounce.gif.

There's forum rules for a reason. You read them before you post. I'm not going to warn someone for being so blatantly and obviously disrespectful and rude, it's just common sense. If it's a gray area like spamming, I am more than happy to shoot a message your way and let you know what is and isn't acceptable, ways you can improve, and answer any questions you have. I have no time to baby someone that is incredibly inconsiderate, or is posting extremely inconsiderate and rude replies.

Happy Holidays, and Happy Thesis Writing! :creep:

What the HELL is going on in here?

They don't have to be loud and soaring, but they have to lead to a a climax, a suspenseful point, something. Her singing is very monotone and doesn't change AT ALL.

Singing and music don't have to do anything.

If you think her singing "doesn't change" you're not listening to enough of her stuff. Also, by definition, her singing isn't monotone.

I've been classically trained in music and choir for over 10 years now, so I know something about music.

Woops...

There's nothing wrong with having an emotionless, monotone voice, but there IS something wrong about idolizing it

Those people obviously have some deep psycho-traumaif they're touched by emotionless "singing"; being touched from something like that is not a normal reaction

Who are you? Who am I? Why am i responding to this? Will someone smash a cinder block into my head?

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

agreed with moniker by definition her voice definatley is not monotone,

she tries to channel an old school style of singing, that's not your typical pop trash,

also take a listen to some of her old things like Lolita and kinda outta luck, there certainly not monotone and very fun and catchy,

I can agree she may not sound as upbeat and idk "un-monotone" as other singers but she's not trying to be like other singers, she often refers to herself as a blues/jazz singer and the type of singing voice she uses collaborates with that,

you can't randomly join a community like this, make a controversial thread, allow nobody to disagree and then be rude, and then not expect for your posting rights to be removed i mean it dosent take a fucking Einstein to figure out that's what would probably happen if you were a fucking ass wipe within the first 10 minutes of joining, like who even needs a warning.. you have a brain and common sense don't you??

dlnh8i.gif

Greeeeen was asking for help to defend Lana? Lmfao. She is one dumb bitch cuz people were supporting Lana and she continued on to bash Lana. How does that even make sense? She can burn in hell with her dumbass self.........excuse my language peeps, people like this piss me off. Haha.

her voice isn't somber, it's bland, like singing when you're half-awake; there's no thought to it. Dead-pan and emotion and contradictory; try again. They don't have to be loud and soaring, but they have to lead to a a climax, a suspenseful point, something. Her singing is very monotone and doesn't change AT ALL.

bullshit

4r9w86.jpg

Have you heard Blue Jeans??? How can anyone possibly say that that is 'emotionless'?? I still cry sometimes when I listen to that and I have heard like 500 times! And I know for fact that im not the only one who does that. But I do understand that if you only listen to the music and not the lyrics then you could feel this way about the album

Lillie Del Rey.... :yes:xxxx

When I thought I got my faith a bit restored on humanity from listening to Monicker - Money Hunny, my ditzy self decided to make a suicidal move and have a look at this thread. On a positive note tho, I like how sassy Maru gets by it xB. And honey, didn't you see how greeeeen* Ata claws are? Miawr!

Okay, peace out, this thread has been very amusing. Vito gonna love it.

*eh sorry, me iz a 9yo failing in Math, were those 'e' sufficient?

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.