Elle

Snow on the Beach (w/ Taylor Swift)

It's okay. I do wish there was more Lana... but Lana's backing vocals do add something nice to the song. The song would be boring without Lana's little touch (I'm biased though obviously). It really does sound like Taylor is trying to make a Lana-esque song too...

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

7 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

It's okay. I do wish there was more Lana... but Lana's backing vocals do add something nice to the song. The song would be boring without Lana's little touch (I'm biased though obviously). It really does sound like Taylor is trying to make a Lana-esque song too...

Wouldn't be a first for her now would it?

IMG-7960.jpg

This song is absolutely terrible and it really showcases how there is not only worlds but galaxies between Lana’s and Taylor’s songwriting. Taylor likes to write pseudo-deep song with extremely corny metaphors in an attempt to emulate Lana. It’s very embarrassing.

Sadly, she gets far more recognition for her subpar songwriting.

17 hours ago, FineChaiNa said:

Taylor cosplaying as Lana :horror:

She has been doing this since 1989 though…

I Love Midnights and Snow on the Beach fits the album mood. Yeah, Kana could have had a bigger part, but her presence is haunting in the choruses. 
the biggest letdown, though, is that she doesn’t sing the “it’s coming down part”. If she had, nobody would be disappointed. 

12 hours ago, juliadelrey said:

i really like the song, very catchy. disappointed in the lack of lana's vocals, which i think could've elevated the song....she should've had the bridge

Naur, no bridge plz considering DCMA. One verse or chorus all to herself would be great.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

What’s the vibe? I pulled four cards.

A few things: I’m neutral on Swift, and I don’t have an agenda. Also, I’m not an expert on Tarot, so I invite other interpretations. Also, I’m pleasantly stoned. 

Seven of Wands reversed

Overwhelm, among other things, but I think especially so as this is a fire card and associated with the creative drive. Was she over pressured to contribute to a song? Maybe. Or maybe I’m biased. What does this card mean to you in this context?

Six of Pentacles 

Generosity, charity. Lana, despite her in/famous aloofness is being charitable to Swift with her talents (and the same some would say is true vice versa), but also Taylor is being generous as Lana will certainly see her coins. 

Wheel of Fortune

The sole appearance in this pull from the Major Arcana, this card is all about fate: this collaboration was inevitable, perhaps because of Swift’s frequent admiration of Lana, the Antonoff connection, the overlaps in fandom, etc. Also, this card is about cycles… Is there more to come from the two?

Three of Wands 

Our last card is about making plans for the future, fitting to follow the Wheel of Fortune. It’s also about growth, and calls back to the Seven of Wands, our first card, and the creative process. 

image.jpg

On 10/22/2022 at 2:14 AM, Elle said:

First official live performance lmao x

Finally the official version! :bop:

But seriously, to me it sounds purely like a Taylor song, which is great if you like her songs and bad if you don't, with Jack's beloved sleighbells. I'm imagining the writing process like this:

Taylor: "Here is a song I wrote about how love is weird but beautiful!" :wub:

Lana: *blows vape smoke in her face* "Weird but FUCKIN' beautiful." :smokes2:

Taylor: *fangirl squeal* "Co-writing credit!!!"  :worship:

Lana: *shrugs, cashes 6-figure check* :oic3:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

On 10/21/2022 at 6:36 PM, your dealer said:

I’m sorry but I absolutely hate “like snow at the beach weird but fuckin beautiful” what a corny ass line please. 

It's like they're trying to convince themselves to like the song. Sorry but the song is filler material, the stans wouldn't give two shits if Lana wasn't featured. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif