Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Lana's biggest hits since Summertime Sadness being produced by Jack, oh I know some people are mad. :true:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

ok the song is good but we shouldn't exaggerate it

I think the song still has some flaws that can't be ignored, like some parts where she loses her voice.

wouldn't compare it to something by Radiohead or Pink Floyd , maybe to Jack's work with Lorde, but Melodrama's songs seem more flawless

2 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:

I think the song still has some flaws that can't be ignored, like some parts where she loses her voice.

Look who's talking, your voice breaks at 2:05 :pout:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I can make comparisons to any band/artist that I see fit. The introduction reminds me of On the Run by Pink Floyd and Climbing Up the Walls by Radiohead. This is a forum, and I'm allowed to express my thoughts as well. Not exaggerating anything. :true:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Look who's talking, your voice breaks at 2:05 :pout:

and multiple times throughout his album also !! 

and also for giving me Margaret

4 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:

ok the song is good but we shouldn't exaggerate it

wouldn't compare it to something by Radiohead or Pink Floyd , maybe to Jack's work with Lorde, but Melodrama's songs seem more flawless

I’m pretty sure people are drawing the comparisons to sound, right? I definitely see the rock band from 70s or 90s comparisons in the first half since it’s straight up folk and a bit progressive. They’re pretty glaring. I’ve heard influences from Hotel California and Going to California with the guitar, and even some Trent Reznor with the piano.
I don’t really hear Melodrama in the first half, second half it’s is definitely there though. But tbh I hear more Masseduction, like Hang On Me. 

sgopYhV.gif

Just now, Crimson and Clover said:

I’m pretty sure people are drawing the comparisons to sound, right? I definitely see the rock band from 70s or 90s comparisons in the first half since it’s straight up folk and a bit progressive. They’re pretty glaring. I’ve heard influences from Hotel California and Going to California with the guitar, and even some Trent Reznor with the piano.
I don’t really hear Melodrama in the first half, second half it’s is definitely there though. But tbh I hear more Masseduction, like Hang On Me. 

Yeah, I'm not saying A&W is better than anything Pink Floyd or Radiohead ever wrote, I'm just saying the soundscape reminds me of progressive rock/alternative rock albums. Not that deep

what's your prediction to album streams? mine are 105M first week (without TUOB and AW) but i think numbers could be even higher. she had hype right now so everything possible:true:

The Grants   10M
Sweet           5.5M
Judah Interlude    4.5M
Candy Necklace   8M
Jon Interlude         5M
Kintsugi                   8M
Fingertips               9M
Paris, Texas           7M
Grandfather           10M
LTLI                          7M
Margaret                 6M
Fishtail                    8.5M
Pepper                     8M
TT x VB                    8.5M

Just now, palemoonbaby said:

what's your prediction to album streams? mine are 105M first week (without TUOB and AW) but i think numbers could be even higher:true:

The Grants   10M
Sweet           5.5M
Judah Interlude    4.5M
Candy Necklace   8M
Jon Interlude         5M

Lana's albums notoriously drop in streams during the last half of her records. Given that BoZ and Kintsugi both said the second half of this record is where the album truly shines, I hope we can change that trajectory!

1 minute ago, palemoonbaby said:

what's your prediction to album streams? mine are 105M first week (without TUOB and AW) but i think numbers could be even higher. she had hype right now so everything possible:true:

The Grants   10M
Sweet           5.5M
Judah Interlude    4.5M
Candy Necklace   8M
Jon Interlude         5M

sweet will have way more streams than the second half (just to free fall the next day tho :oprah3:)

and also for giving me Margaret

Now knowing how the NFR sample is on A&W is, I’m SO curious how the VB sample will be on Taco Truck :cryney2: I’m guessing similar to how it was on A&W but maybe more in your face/frequent, which I’m perfectly fine with :oprah4: I’m so excited omg

sgopYhV.gif

Just now, Crimson and Clover said:

Now knowing how the NFR sample is on A&W is, I’m SO curious how the VB sample will be on Taco Truck :cryney2: I’m guessing similar to how it was on A&W but maybe more in your face/frequent, which I’m perfectly fine with :oprah4: I’m so excited omg

I think it might be a trap version of Venice Bitch which scares me and excites me at the same time :oprah4: