Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

9 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

why does anything less than a totally positive reaction to the song have to be considered nitpicking & meaningless discourse tho

:deadbanana:

personally i find it interesting to see some diff perspectives when 90% of them have been “magnum opus” “best thing she’s done since venice bitch”

let the ppl speak!!!!!!! 

edit: typos sjsjsj 

You are quoting this from my post so let me be clear that I’m not talking about people not liking the song. People can have whatever opinions they want.

I’m talking about baseless claims of unoriginality on Jack’s part, frivolous comparisons between other artists to dismiss this song, and the ever futile talk about sales. There are ways of expressing those things thoughtfully, which isn’t always the case in online spaces. :smokes3:

1 hour ago, Crimson and Clover said:

I’m pretty sure people are drawing the comparisons to sound, right? I definitely see the rock band from 70s or 90s comparisons in the first half since it’s straight up folk and a bit progressive. They’re pretty glaring. I’ve heard influences from Hotel California and Going to California with the guitar, and even some Trent Reznor with the piano.
I don’t really hear Melodrama in the first half, second half it’s is definitely there though. But tbh I hear more Masseduction, like Hang On Me. 

I kinda hear Massive Attack in the first bit, and a sort of St. Vincent-esque beat in the second half—but tbh I don’t really the song can be compared to much because it’s so unique to me

13 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

If we could stop generalizing others, putting people into categories, and letting others enjoy or critique music without labelling, we all would get along much more. Are there people who tend to instantly fall in love with new Lana music? Yes. That doesn't mean they haven't been critical towards Lana's music or aren't being objective. Vice versa! Not everyone is being edgy if they share a valid critique about a song. However, we all should work on being less judgmental towards other people's perceptions about music. It puts other people on this forum on defense mode and it leads to pointless fighting and chaos. Just because a song doesn't resonate with you lyrically, doesn't mean people are blinded by the hype. And like I said, vice versa; just because you really love a song, doesn't mean the track should be immune from criticism. We all should work on expressing our own thoughts and opinions on the music, and stop worrying about other people and putting them into unfair categories that creates wars of ego. End rant.

I agree completely. Some people are more likely to react emotionally to a song, or a new track, while others react analytically, and someone who reacts analytically today may react emotionally to a new track next week or next month. All views and opinions civilly expressed should be tolerated. 

As I've said before, the only Lana song that ever brought me to tears is 'Old Money,' and years after I first heard it, when an incident in my life made several of the lyrics resonate. But here, I see members saying they're "sobbing," crying, or "tearing up" fairly frequently. That is an honest account of their reaction. We all have different personalities, strengths, experiences, backgrounds, talents, etc., so finding a wide variety of response here seems like the expected norm, just as we find that wide variety and diversity around us in our own lives. 

13 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

If we could stop generalizing others, putting people into categories, and letting others enjoy or critique music without labelling, we all would get along much more. Are there people who tend to instantly fall in love with new Lana music? Yes. That doesn't mean they haven't been critical towards Lana's music or aren't being objective. Vice versa! Not everyone is being edgy if they share a valid critique about a song. However, we all should work on being less judgmental towards other people's perceptions about music. It puts other people on this forum on defense mode and it leads to pointless fighting and chaos. Just because a song doesn't resonate with you lyrically, doesn't mean people are blinded by the hype. And like I said, vice versa; just because you really love a song, doesn't mean the track should be immune from criticism. We all should work on expressing our own thoughts and opinions on the music, and stop worrying about other people and putting them into unfair categories that creates wars of ego. End rant.

When you come on Lanaboards trying to see if the merch dropped but all u see is two pages of paragraph long replies:trisha: 

I agree with u tho

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, Vertimus said:

I agree completely. Some people are more likely to react emotionally to a song, or a new track, while others react analytically, and someone who reacts analytically today may react emotionally to a new track next week or next month. All views and opinions civilly expressed should be tolerated. 

As I've said before, the only Lana song that ever brought me to tears is 'Old Money,' and years after I first heard it, when an incident in my life made several of the lyrics resonate. But here, I see members saying they're "sobbing," crying, or "tearing up" fairly frequently. That is an honest account of their reaction. We all have different personalities, strengths, experiences, backgrounds, talents, strentghs, etc., so finding a wide variety of response here seems like the expected norm, just as we find that wide variety and diversity around us in our own lives. 

Exactly. It gets exhausting to see all of the ad hominem and condescending posts over other people's genuine reactions to songs. Some people  might be hyperbolic, others might be way too negative, but instead of calling attention to that by attacking them or labelling them into a certain category, we all should just let bygones by bygones.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i agree that a lot of us have a ‘recency bias’ when it comes to lana’s new releases, but literally who cares 😭 while i think some people are definitely exaggerating, does it matter? we’re all supporting lana, this is a lana forum 

13 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

You are quoting this from my post so let me be clear that I’m not talking about people not liking the song. People can have whatever opinions they want.

I’m talking about baseless claims of unoriginality on Jack’s part, frivolous comparisons between other artists to dismiss this song, and the ever futile talk about sales. There are ways of expressing those things thoughtfully, which isn’t always the case in online spaces. :smokes3:

of course any discussion on anything should be conducted in a mature, respectful matter- goes without saying. 

why wouldn’t critiques on Jack or producers in general be valid though, if critiques on the song are ? 

production is a obv a HUGE & important part of what makes up a song.. production IS the song too…(and can make or break it in some cases)  it’s not exactly “frivolous” imo, it goes hand in hand with the lyrics / singing.

12 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

when she performs a&w at the billboard women awards:oprah4:

the COLLAPSE

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, summer bummer said:

i agree that a lot of us have a ‘recency bias’ when it comes to lana’s new releases, but literally who cares 😭 while i think some people are definitely exaggerating, does it matter? we’re all supporting lana, this is a lana forum 

:gclap:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

People still fighting?  :wtf3: 
I mean, we got an incredible photoshoot and a new single many, many of us love… (haven’t read anything in the last pages though to know what the fight is about :shh2:)

There really isn't a fight going on. I just had to get that off my chest because the wars of ego over subjective opinions about music are flaring up.

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

There really isn't a fight going on. I just had to get that off my chest because the wars of ego over subjective opinions about music are flaring up.

Ah! Thanks! I really thought there was another fight, which are more frequent in drought periods rather than when we are fed.

Also, a paragraph isn't an "essay." Just wanted to put that out there! :azealia:

Some takes in the last few pages...there's literally no way Lana's fanbase will forget A&W when it's not new and shiny. It sounds like it could be an underrated cult classic with less streams than some of her catchier pop songs and even then this song slayed on Spotify in the first days.