Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

10 minutes ago, GPSOTSOMFWHDSF said:

I’m tired of people saying A&W is “NFR quality.” NFR isn’t the quality that should be aimed for. It’s watered down Lana. I am glad that A&W is unique and just screams Lana like Honeymoon does. 

I'll pray for you Kathi- you and that disgusting mouth of yours. God Bless.

13 minutes ago, GPSOTSOMFWHDSF said:

I’m tired of people saying A&W is “NFR quality.” NFR isn’t the quality that should be aimed for. It’s watered down Lana. I am glad that A&W is unique and just screams Lana like Honeymoon does. 

how much this album hurt you that you hate it so much?

5 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

You hit it on the nose. This feels like NFR dark sister. The yin and yang.

Right! Thank you. 

I was going on a tangent about precisely how this album is shaping up to be the antithesis of NFR but I think I said that already when I mentioned earlier that to me A&W was Venice's dark sister.

Wy8jf2U.jpg

1 minute ago, palemoonbaby said:

how much this album hurt you that you hate it so much?

I don’t hate NFR, I love all her albums. It’s definitely in my bottom 3 though, maybe bottom 2. It doesn’t have as much of that “Lana” charm that my favorites have (but some of the songs do). And Ocean Blvd definitely has that charm so far which makes me very excited.

so I don’t understand people (especially on reddit) praising that this has “NFR quality.” I don’t think that’s a good thing to aim for! 

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

It's interesting that people say the first part is very "folky" it reminds me a lot more of 90s indie rock/ grunge music

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

24 minutes ago, GPSOTSOMFWHDSF said:

everyone disagreeing despite this being a spill :true:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

24 minutes ago, GPSOTSOMFWHDSF said:

This take is gonna make people mad but I agree with you. I still love Nfr, but the hype around it absolutely stunned me 

It's still so crazy to me that this song feels like Lizzy, Chemtrails, Lust for Life & Ultra having a fours*me :lange:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

And y'all know what...

This album isnt even out yet but i willingly to believe that Pearl Watch Me on Ring A Bell Psycho Lifeguard is the Part II of this "Ocean Blvd" era, we'll have double album this year idc i choose to believe it :pray2:

But English is not my native language so i dont even understand wtf this album title means, like - her use of English is so weird here isnt it?:krylie: 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Just now, SalvaWHORE said:

And y'all know what...

This album isnt even out yet but i willingly to believe that Pearl Watch Me on Ring A Bell Psycho Lifeguard is the Part II of this "Ocean Blvd" era.

But English is not my native language so i dont even understand wtf this album title is :krylie: 

Don't worry none of us do :agree::trisha:

I really disagree with anyone who thinks NFR is a bad album:xgiggle: If it's not your taste that's one thing, but it is not "watered down lana" it is so quintessential Lana and there is a reason it's so critically acclaimed and loved by the public... it's her second Born to Die, you can already see the influence it's had on pop music by a lot of (failed) replicas of the introspective nature and more grounded sense of production on the album... and i really wouldn't call any of the songs stripped down on it besides Bartender and Hope. It's her masterpiece imo

1 minute ago, SalvaWHORE said:

And y'all know what...

This album isnt even out yet but i willingly to believe that Pearl Watch Me on Ring A Bell Psycho Lifeguard is the Part II of this "Ocean Blvd" era.

But English is not my native language so i dont even understand wtf this album title means, like - her use of English is so weird here isnt it?:krylie: 

I wonder if those are lyrics from different songs or full song titles that were at one point in the tracklist :judgingu3:

Like:

(Pearl) Watch Me

Ring a Bell

Psycho Lifeguard 

They all look like Lana titles to me :thumb2:but it would be weird to scrap them if at one point they were part of the album title :um2:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

I really disagree with anyone who thinks NFR is a bad album:xgiggle: If it's not your taste that's one thing, but it is not "watered down lana" it is so quintessential Lana and there is a reason it's so critically acclaimed and loved by the public... it's her second Born to Die, you can already see the influence it's had on pop music by a lot of (failed) replicas of the introspective nature and more grounded sense of production on the album... and i really wouldn't call any of the songs stripped down on it besides Bartender and Hope. It's her masterpiece imo

And even if hope is stripped down it’s a masterpiece, so fuck these people. NFR is a timeless album, just like BTD is. 

17 minutes ago, taco truck said:

It's interesting that people say the first part is very "folky" it reminds me a lot more of 90s indie rock/ grunge music

same! the acoustic guitars in the first half really remind me of kurt cobain's acoustic demos

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I wonder if those are lyrics from different songs or full song titles that were at one point in the tracklist :judgingu3:

Like:

(Pearl) Watch Me

Ring a Bell

Psycho Lifeguard 

They all look like Lana titles to me :thumb2:but it would be weird to scrap them if at one point they were part of the album title :um2:

we know that she begin working on new album before finishing previous

3 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Like:

(Pearl) Watch Me

Ring a Bell

Psycho Lifeguard 

BOZ said she changed the titles to kind of random things last minute so there is a chance these were old title of songs 

3 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

And even if hope is stripped down it’s a masterpiece, so fuck these people. NFR is a timeless album, just like BTD is. 

Seriously, like imagine Hope with big production, sometimes songs should have more minimal production