Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 hour ago, Sweet said:

Question for the Culture-

Now that A&W is out and about why is Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd- the song is hitting different? I feel more connected to it than ever before or maybe it just hit me like a tonna bricks? 

I cannot wait for Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd- the whole album dropping on March 24! :trisha:

I felt that way on the first day of A&W’s release. I was thinking that the title track would turn into another LMLYLAW for me when I’ve overplayed it so much that I don’t care about it in the context of the album. But that’s not the case with the title track. It’s become better after hearing American whore and I think in the context of the entire album it would be even better

Spoiler

If I told you that I was raped, do you really think that anybody would think I didn't ask for it, didn't ask for it?

She was SO real for this line, and I'm not trying to be funny. This was such a bold decision to put it in the song, but it was a good decision because it's true, relevant, and needs to be addressed in today's society. I think the entire song is a lyrical masterpiece, but this might be her best lyric on the album.

prolly not, though, you know kintsugi and fingertips are gonna eat

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

16 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

We aren’t ready for The Grants, Patty gonna get buried in this one 

I'm soooo curious what this track will sound like. Are we thinking a kind of MAC pop rock ballad? Or something closer to ocean blvd (seeing as it transitions straight into that track afterwards.) Also can't imagine how the lyrics "the grants" would work in a song without it sounding cringe but I know my girl can do it.

inb4 the grants is about all the grants she's received in her youth to help fund her music

6 minutes ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

I'm soooo curious what this track will sound like. Are we thinking a kind of MAC pop rock ballad? Or something closer to ocean blvd (seeing as it transitions straight into that track afterwards.) Also can't imagine how the lyrics "the grants" would work in a song without it sounding cringe but I know my girl can do it.

inb4 the grants is about all the grants she's received in her youth to help fund her music

I expect something cinematic and orchestral. Boz said it should have been used in an album trailer so I'm sure it's another highlight (even though his taste is questionable at times he's been right with the title track and A&W being amazing)

giphy.gif

34 minutes ago, ivory almond said:
  Hide contents

If I told you that I was raped, do you really think that anybody would think I didn't ask for it, didn't ask for it?

She was SO real for this line, and I'm not trying to be funny. This was such a bold decision to put it in the song, but it was a good decision because it's true, relevant, and needs to be addressed in today's society. I think the entire song is a lyrical masterpiece, but this might be her best lyric on the album.

prolly not, though, you know kintsugi and fingertips are gonna eat

Brave, and women have been saying that on the street, around the dinner table, and in the media for at least 60 years. 

Wondering if any of the explicit songs on the album will get a clean version like Ocean Blvd... Probably not, but it'd be interesting!

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

The way Lana is going to get the visionary woman award and she's just released a seven minute song, half folk half trap, with otherworldly lyrics and such a bizarre and random production and one of the best transitions ever, IKTR

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

31 minutes ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

The title alone just gives me NFR title track vibes. I’m so happy we’re so in the dark about this album as a whole, it’s so mysterious and exciting. 6 more days until we jsut have a month :trisha:

sgopYhV.gif