Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

7 minutes ago, American Whore said:

TW - SA

I have some feeling Lana is experiencing some internal slut shaming, fueled by societal media slut shaming. Clearly, AW is somewhat sarcastic in the same way that Boarding School is, where she's saying she's in the back of a club doing crack. But also, putting AW next to Ocean Blvd, it makes the title track make more sense and solidify what I was thinking when I heard it for the first time. "I can't help but feel somewhat like my body marred my soul" The entire beauty standard set by men/media (who, according to Lana on A&W, also might call her a whore), she's wondering if she takes control of that beauty standard and what she sees in herself, if she'd be forgotten, like the tunnel under Ocean Blvd, which was built to be at one time, beautiful with "mosaic ceiling, painted tiles on the wall". Would shen then have beautiful value, even if she's forgotten? And then on ocean blvd, she goes on to say, "Open me up, tell me you like it, fuck me to death, love me until I love myself" as if she's saying she's been inside this box and only when he finds her beautiful (or media finds her to be beautiful or her poetry, lyrics, what have you), they've already ran over her so many times that she's trying to figure out how to cope with herself from that initial running over, how to love herself. It goes along with A&W too - "it's not about having someone to love me anymore" is tragically sad, spoken by a woman who may not believe she's worth being loved by her lover or the media. I believe it's mostly about the media rather than a guy, but it all has that connotation that at first glance it is about a man but it can be applied to the media too.

"I mean, look at me, look at the length of my hair, my face, the shape of my body" She knows she's beautiful, but physical beauty in this business makes you seem from an outlooker like some cheap whore who fucked her way to a music deal. I guess this goes along with Fucked My Way Up To The Top, which may be why I'm pulling my own comparisons to UV right now, aside from this being another experimental sound from her. And then she goes on to talk about how she's been raped (which may have multiple meanings to it, whether she's talking about sexual assault, looking at how the media has absolutely fucked her, you could say that was a double entendre for that entire experience.) "do you really think that anybody would think I didn't ask for it, didn't ask for it, I'm testifying, already fucked up my story" which is true. After SNL, she didn't have a chance at redemption, she was fucked right from the start and when women experience SA/R they're told "You asked for it, you wore a mini skirt, you wanted it" or something along those lines. And in both contexts, I could see how invalidating that can be. She's shown us from the very beginning, whether in exaggeration or not, look at Tropico and what story that film told. It puts into perspective some of her other lyrics that I never really thought too deeply into. G&M, "Looking to get fucked hard, like a groupie, incognito, posing as a real singer, life imitates art" is one of them. Putting it next to A&W and Ocean Blvd, it kind of represents a path of a story she's been wanting to tell her entire career. 

Someone else has mentioned how it reminds them of Bare Feet On Linoleum too

"But alas.

This is a real life. And it’s been a real fight, just to stop my mind from committing treason.

Why, you ask?

Because she told the towns people I was crazy.

And the lies, they started to believe them."

Idk what I'm saying, maybe I'm analyzing too much into it (i'm sick rn, so maybe that's it) but the further we get into this album, I think a lot of things are going to fall into place and make sense. 

I work for an SA hotline and I’m not an expert or anything by any means but “You asked for it, you wore a mini skirt, you wanted it" or something along those lines” is the number one reason a lot of SA/R doesn’t get reported. I think your analysis is head on and I’m also questioning other songs/poems/lyrics. I also think some things might be explained or pieced together after the album comes out. 

I’m still processing but I think it’s going to be really dark. 

I still think "waist deep in icy waves" is a lyric on this album. :hair:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

when its march 24th and you’re entering the last quarter of the record, you read “Margaret” and a banjo starts playing, and the first thing you hear is 

Spoiler

Waist Deep In Icy Waves

and also for giving me Margaret

These were the instruments listed in German website for A&W:

Percussion, drums, guitar, piano, keyboards , vocal (Sam Dew)

These are the official instument credits:

Spoiler
Acoustic Guitar
12-String Acoustic Guitar
Synth Bass
Synth Pads
Moog Bass
Mellotron
Glockenspiel

And Sam Dew is indeed doing background vocals:

Spoiler
Background Vocals

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

Just now, Let the Light In said:

Percussion, drums, guitar, piano, keyboards , vocal

Hide contents
Acoustic Guitar
Synth Bass
Synth Pads
Moog Bass
Mellotron
Glockenspiel

Reveal hidden contents
Background Vocals

Safe to say we're in for a treat with this album if there are twice the amount of production than originally listed

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

15 minutes ago, gatadelrey said:

I work for an SA hotline and I’m not an expert or anything by any means but “You asked for it, you wore a mini skirt, you wanted it" or something along those lines” is the number one reason a lot of SA/R doesn’t get reported. I think your analysis is head on and I’m also questioning other songs/poems/lyrics. I also think some things might be explained or pieced together after the album comes out. 

I’m still processing but I think it’s going to be really dark. 

Your job is so important, thank you. <3

3 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Percussion, drums, guitar, piano, keyboards , vocal (Sam Dew)

Reveal hidden contents
Acoustic Guitar
Synth Bass
Synth Pads
Moog Bass
Mellotron
Glockenspiel

Reveal hidden contents
Background Vocals

this is going to be her richest album production and lyric wise, it has everything to become magnum opus :trisha:

and also for giving me Margaret

My brother, who's not a huge Lana fan but is mostly just intrigued/fascinated by her (I'd say he's slowly getting into her music), called me today and mentioned "I listened to A&W this morning since you've been raving about it. It was interesting..."

I asked him his review, he said "I got to the 3... 3 and a half minute mark and I just thought to myself... 'This woman is very unsettled...', like, you can tell she's been going through something for a very long time and it's coming to a head... She seems slightly unhinged... And then suddenly, the song morphed into industrial trap and she was rapping an old Nelly track. It was a lot. I think I'll need more time with it."

I laughed soooooooooo hard. :lmao: Lana, our queen...

2 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

My brother, who's not a huge Lana fan but is mostly just intrigued/fascinated by her (I'd say he's slowly getting into her music), called me today and mentioned "I listened to A&W this morning since you've been raving about it. It was interesting..."

I asked him his review, he said "I got to the 3... 3 and a half minute mark and I just thought to myself... 'This woman is very unsettled...', like, you can tell she's been going through something for a very long time and it's coming to a head... She seems slightly unhinged... And then suddenly, the song morphed into industrial trap and she was rapping an old Nelly track. It was a lot. I think I'll need more time with it."

Everything he said reminds me of your profile pic :rip: 

6 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

There’s really no one doing it like her :true:

13 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Everything he said reminds me of your profile pic :rip: 

Hahaha. He laughed so hard when I read him the album tracklist, and even harder when I told him the original album title. He was like "Is she okay?" ... I was just like "This is why I love Lana interviews." He has taste, his favorite Lana track is White Dress, which I think is kind of odd/unique. The song he's looking most forward to is Taco Truck. 

I think it's interesting that a lot of people tie the "Jimmy jimmy coco puff" line directly to Nelly, and don't even realize it's an older song.