Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

if we get a third single it better be grandpa because ocean blvd was for the nfr/cotcc/bb girlies like me, a&w for the btd/lfl and for the description and especially the instruments grandpa feels like the perfect opportunity for the hm babies

and also for giving me Margaret

1 minute ago, The Grants said:

if we get a third single it better be grandpa because ocean blvd was for the nfr/cotcc/bb girlies like me, a&w for the btd/lfl and for the description and especially the instruments grandpa feels like the perfect opportunity for the hm babies

Or Let The Light In because @Kintsugi said it was similar to Religion  

11 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

it’s started on tiktok… https://ibb.co/nrndz1X (link to screenshot as i don’t know how to upload😭😭)

What's with those fugly ass glasses

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

55 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

The drop in streams isn’t worrisome. A&W’s unfiltered streams (1,761,045) are stronger than the title track’s filtered streams (1,718,111) on Day 3, and the title track was actually added on multiple playlists that day (it was a Friday). For a 7 minute track with zero promo, it’s been performing remarkably well so far. Hopefully it’ll stabilise! 
Streams/sales are most definitely not reflective of a song’s quality, lol, but it’ll be cool if this turns out to be a hit. 

I keep hearing conflicting reports on what counts as a filtered stream. Do you have to listen to two other tracks in between each listen and have your volume up? Has that ever been confirmed

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

23 minutes ago, DCooper said:

The way this part feels kind of quieter and hushed is sooo good, it feels like we're slipping out the back door with him as they talk, it's got such a sneaky vibe to it :oprah:

Yes her delivery is what makes it so good. I’m truly obsessed. It replays in my head all the time. I randomly start singing “I’m invisible. I’m a ghost now.” 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

1 hour ago, Fingertips said:

Can confirm everything you've said, people were dragging Honeymoon to the pits when it dropped, almost worse than people drag Blue Banisters today 

1 hour ago, americangothic said:

I totally agree. The views about art change with time, perceptions are not eternally settled in time, they shape, based on opinions, growth and even cultural aspects. Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future and all that. Maybe in a couple of years, people will end up considering "Coachella — Woodstock in My Mind" as a life-changing career highlight, you never know!

It's the piano-talk and the toxic relationship between the fandom and the producers skills with a freaking piano what makes me laugh :omfg2:. Poor little piano, doing his best.

Honeymoon was love at first sight (listen?) for me because I love old Hollywood and this album channels it tremendously. But she is making art and well, sometimes, it takes time to « get it » or connect with it. And she is 37; maybe she won’t channel what a 20 year-old would connect with, but over time and experiences, that person might change their POV.

I get the LFL critiques, same with the BB and COCC ones; they are valid but there is no Lana album that is bad IMO (all have standout tracks and discography gems). I’m mostly concerned with people who haven’t loved anything she put out since HM though :wtf3: it’s okay not to Stan an artist anymore lol

one thing that we’re very lucky (and should be grateful for), with her, is if you don’t like an album or an era, you won’t have to wait three or four years for the next one (if she still records as much as she does these days).

10 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Are the choir ladies featured in any other song besides title track, according to the production credits?

better be

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

The production of A&W is great and did what it had to do, and conveyed what it wanted to convey.

I do understand the frustration that Jack is using the same beats, he needs to expand his toolbox.

But then we should make sure to have the same mentality with other pop producers like Dr Lu** or Max Martin. If you want to dig the hole deeper, we then should also complain about Lana and Emile using hip hop presets and “loons” on BTD that have been used for 30 years at that point, instead of coming up with something original. Pharrell and Timbaland are even bigger recyclers (especially Pharrell 2015 and onward) but I have not see anyone complain about that either; hell, some of y’all  praised him in Ariana’s Sweetener, when all of his songs are the same 3 drums and percussions. 

Get new headphones, earbuds, speakers, or an ear doctor. All of these items have payment plans! 

I'm so glad that I'm pretty much musically illiterate/ignorant, because A&W doesn't sound like anything Jack or Lana has ever done to me. :hair:

1 minute ago, anwdelrey said:

This song isn’t “hit” material, even with the Jimmy outro. I’m suprised it stayed in the top 50 at all. What’s more important for Lana songs is that they have longevity.

💯 agree. I’m very surprised it got that much attention that fast. VB was a critic’s darling from day one and people who love trippy songs, but I don’t recall the GP loving that track so much at first. 
A&W sure is dark Lana, which is what GP love from her at the moment, I guess 

7 minutes ago, Jared said:

Jack haters are shell-shocked and grasping at straws:lmao: Meanwhile, A&W is already charting on most acclaimed songs of all time lists. :lmao:

The thing is Jack is not a bad producer by any means, it just so happens that he produced an equal amount of top tier & middle-of-the-road songs with Lana. I honestly have changed my ways about him (just a little), I actually think that, if anything, it's Laura Sisk who can't mix for shit. :teehee:

8 minutes ago, West Coast said:

The thing is Jack is not a bad producer by any means, it just so happens that he produced an equal amount of top tier & middle-of-the-road songs with Lana. I honestly have changed my ways about him (just a little), I actually think that, if anything, it's Laura Sisk who can't mix for shit. :teehee:

what the-

what a post i've never expected to read :oprah4: