Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, West Coast said:

Yeah the fruity-Trinity The Tuck out-of-drag lookalike pastor was a choice. :creepna2:

Even "Pastor Interlude" would've been better LMAO

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

i know some have speculated that "jimmy" is referring to herself, but i'm speculating that "jimmy" could possible be alcohol? there's many theories about what the track "ultraviolence" is about (the theory that it is about the source family cult is my favorite) some have speculated that ultraviolence is about alcohol, in fact, somebody that lana knew personally even said it themselves that the "jim" she mentions in her songs is alcohol (also there's a chance she actually met him way before 2014 because he was friends with reeve carney, somebody who also knew lana in 2007, the song jimmy gnecco from 2007... etc.)

Pin on Lana Del Rey

it's possible that A&W is primarily about her youth, and as we all know, she suffered from alcoholism when she was a teenager which resulted in her being put into a boarding school, and i think it's easy to assume now that being put into this boarding school was probably a very negative experience for her

"jimmy only love me when he wanna get high" could reflect the idea that drinking was only fun/enjoyable when it was something done with other people, or for the purpose of escapism, similar to somebody getting high, drinking only "benefitted" her when it was a way to have fun or to escape, this really reminds me of "get drunk" some of the lyrics share this concept of alcohol being something enjoyable even if it's obvious that it's very destructive "it's gonna be a ball" "this time it will be fun"

"your mom called, i told her, you're fucking up big time" as a young teen, drinking was obviously a bad choice, especially since she got addicted to it, she's saying this as if it's somebody else who's aware she's addicted to alcohol and that she's messing up herself and her life

"jimmy, if you leave the house, find me in the club" obviously, a club would be a place where somebody would drink alcohol, especially socially and as a way to have fun and let loose

the second part of the song is a lot more energetic compared to the first part, but there's still a lot of sketchiness underlying the beats and lana's catchy delivery, because even if she's taking about love, light, getting high, it's not out of a place of having pure, delightful fun, or feeling content inside, it's coming from a place of pain and self-destruction, it's almost as if all of the events or feelings she described in the first half resulted in her addiction(s), which would lead into the following years of her life and career

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

After listening to A&W over and over since it came out I still can't get over how dark this song is. It's truly chilling.

Also this puts the title track on a whole different perspective and really makes me understand what Lana meant when she said this album had no room for colour. It's VERY black, grey and white. 

As a long time fan (a decade...) it still feels unreal that we're getting closer and closer to her family/personal history this many years in. For God's sake, the intro to this album is titled "The Grants". And as someone said earlier in this thread, it feels like while Chemtrails was mostly leftovers tracks, the clear standout from that album "White Dress" is very much telling of this new direction in songwriting Lana had been tapping into. With Blue Banisters, I think she was just beggining to see the full potential of this new style and a lot of the new songs on that record seem superficial to me.  

Now, with this new album it really feels like we're going DEEP. And it's dark as hell, man.

Wy8jf2U.jpg

I love the “I say I live in Rosemead, really I’m at the Ramada” line. As someone who grew up in LA, I don’t know too much about that area but I do know it’s a pretty suburban area similar to Arcadia, so I get the somewhat peaceful imagery from that. Then it’s juxtaposed with the Ramada mention, which is a cheap hotel chain. It does give me the vibe of her old Lizzy songs, being from *nowhere* but having these affairs with other people in cheap hotels while maintaining the image of someone living a simple suburban life. Idk what if that’s what I means but I just get that imagery everytime I listen to it. 

sgopYhV.gif

30 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i know some have speculated that "jimmy" is referring to herself, but i'm speculating that "jimmy" could possible be alcohol? there's many theories about what the track "ultraviolence" is about (the theory that it is about the source family cult is my favorite) some have speculated that ultraviolence is about alcohol, in fact, somebody that lana knew personally even said it themselves that the "jim" she mentions in her songs is alcohol (also there's a chance she actually met him way before 2014 because he was friends with reeve carney, somebody who also knew lana in 2007, the song jimmy gnecco from 2007... etc.)

Pin on Lana Del Rey

it's possible that A&W is primarily about her youth, and as we all know, she suffered from alcoholism when she was a teenager which resulted in her being put into a boarding school, and i think it's easy to assume now that being put into this boarding school was probably a very negative experience for her

"jimmy only love me when he wanna get high" could reflect the idea that drinking was only fun/enjoyable when it was something done with other people, or for the purpose of escapism, similar to somebody getting high, drinking only "benefitted" her when it was a way to have fun or to escape, this really reminds me of "get drunk" some of the lyrics share this concept of alcohol being something enjoyable even if it's obvious that it's very destructive "it's gonna be a ball" "this time it will be fun"

"your mom called, i told her, you're fucking up big time" as a young teen, drinking was obviously a bad choice, especially since she got addicted to it, she's saying this as if it's somebody else who's aware she's addicted to alcohol and that she's messing up herself and her life

"jimmy, if you leave the house, find me in the club" obviously, a club would be a place where somebody would drink alcohol, especially socially and as a way to have fun and let loose

the second part of the song is a lot more energetic compared to the first part, but there's still a lot of sketchiness underlying the beats and lana's catchy delivery, because even if she's taking about love, light, getting high, it's not out of a place of having pure, delightful fun, or feeling content inside, it's coming from a place of pain and self-destruction, it's almost as if all of the events or feelings she described in the first half resulted in her addiction(s), which would lead into the following years of her life and career

Jim has a double meaning in Ultraviolence it’s both a person and the drink.  But I think overall ‘Jim’ is not one specific person just a character of sorts to represent many past romances. - that’s what I think anyway.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 hours ago, luminom said:

After listening to A&W over and over since it came out I still can't get over how dark this song is. It's truly chilling.

Also this puts the title track on a whole different perspective and really makes me understand what Lana meant when she said this album had no room for colour. It's VERY black, grey and white. 

As a long time fan (a decade...) it still feels unreal that we're getting closer and closer to her family/personal history this many years in. For God's sake, the intro to this album is titled "The Grants". And as someone said earlier in this thread, it feels like while Chemtrails was mostly leftovers tracks, the clear standout from that album "White Dress" is very much telling of this new direction in songwriting Lana had been tapping into. With Blue Banisters, I think she was just beggining to see the full potential of this new style and a lot of the new songs on that record seem superficial to me.  

Now, with this new album it really feels like we're going DEEP. And it's dark as hell, man.

which is fascinating because A&W feels SO visual to me... when i listen to it, i imagine dark, seedy settings, smoke, fog, streetlights, but it is generally a dark, almost maroon-type of red, it makes you think of somebody's very distant, past memories of being young, like i imagine a young girl in a dark room sitting close to a television screen when the second verse comes around, it's strange, liminal spaces, it's a slight, eerie chill when you're driving fast on the highway and watching all of the articifial lights zipping by, it's just such a great song oh my god :oprah:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

52 minutes ago, taco truck said:

honeslty the worst part of the tracklist is the interlude names tbh:xgiggle: like she couldn't have been anymore creative than "Judah Smith Interlude":eek2:

Literally. Candy Necklace deserves better than to be surrounded by these men :delicious:

3 minutes ago, TropicoHeart said:

Also have any of you American dolls tried A&W? What does she taste like? 

A&W is the best rootbeer for rootbeer floats

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I’m tired of people saying A&W is “NFR quality.” NFR isn’t the quality that should be aimed for. It’s watered down Lana. I am glad that A&W is unique and just screams Lana like Honeymoon does. 

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

I feel like not enough people are talking ab the r*pe line and I honestly think she sang it quietly so she wouldn’t get shit on for it like she used to be for her bolder lyrics (like Ultraviolence for example.)

Like A&W is SO deep and greatly written it’s insane and I literally cannot turn it off.

38 minutes ago, luminom said:

You hit it on the nose. This feels like NFR dark sister. The yin and yang.

giphy.gif