Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, Taco Truck x VB said:

:awk: this is certainly .. a take?

idk something about This is what makes us girls outro so Asian, i mean the strings 

Sad girl intro reminds me of Hong Kong movie soundtracks in the 70s

so i'm expecting Kintsugi will have sort of Japanese sounds with it.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Just now, barttttender said:

Gees. Was only discussing it. Wasn't implying that it's NOT a sexy album. I was asking a question. Chill.

Also, to whoever said i'm "shitting" on Lana, I'm not.  I'm just slightly underwhelmed with a few of the tracks at the start of it. Peace.

i’m replying to your discussion, i’m not attacking you please don’t misunderstand what i was saying.

but every post i’ve seen you post in the pre release has been purely negative and i don’t think that’s really needed

as i said earlier in another post, maybe wait and see if the full album does it for you, if not, maybe take a break from lana. 

peace

6 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Stop the count

TELL THEM TO DROP THE AMERICAN WHORE MV WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING ??? :icant:

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

1 minute ago, SalvaWHORE said:

idk something about This is what makes us girls outro so Asian, i mean the strings 

Sad girl intro reminds me of Hong Kong movie soundtracks in the 70s

so i'm expecting Kintsugi will have sort of Japanese sounds with it.

i mean i’ve never thought that personally but, maybe you’re more.. creative than i am?

5 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Stop the count

It’s still doing more in its 20th day than the BB singles did on like their 2nd so it’s kind of a win :true: 

but also it’s not really surprising that it’s losing its legs a bit when there’s no real playlist push/radio/tiktok trends to sustain it. People are eventually going to get sick of it and stop listening so I guess it’s whatever. It will get a nice rebound when the album comes out

3 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

i can’t stress this enough… please use spoilers when talking about the specifics/contents of the leaked songs.

if i see the same people not utilizing the spoiler feature, WPs will be issued.

Reveal hidden contents

sometimes i feel like im talking to a brick wall :krylie:

GET HA JADE it’s not that fucking hard seriously anger-angry.gif

23 minutes ago, barttttender said:

The poster made a point that it's her sexy album,. So, I asked "why is Fingertips on it then?" What aren't you getting?

I think you make a valid point. Lana being extremely vulnerable with her body isn’t necessarily saying it’s her sexy album.  For me it’s more along the lines of intimacy. Her deepest thoughts and worries. Someone asked what the world building on this album was and the world building is Lana herself. She’s “inviting” us to sit in her bedroom while she tells us all the things in her diary she hasn’t said before. 

faSE.gif

Just now, Taco Truck x VB said:

i’m replying to your discussion, i’m not attacking you please don’t misunderstand what i was saying.

but every post i’ve seen you post in the pre release has been purely negative and i don’t think that’s really needed

as i said earlier in another post, maybe wait and see if the full album does it for you, if not, maybe take a break from lana. 

peace

Sure, no worries at all. We're just having a chat :) I think you missed the 50 posts about how amazing Grandfather is,  how much I love the Taco snippet, and Ocean Boulevard.

Honestly, if I sound negative it's because I've been looking forward to this album a lot and for a long time (as I disliked BB a lot, so basically haven't had new Lana music since Chemtrails). Also, I have a bone to pick with her BB producers - I think theyr're a stepdown from Nowels, Antonoff, Hayne, etc. So, I will probably be ranting about their production. Just ignore it. :D

2 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

GET HA JADE it’s not that fucking hard seriously anger-angry.gif

ahaha, sorry about that - if I'm the culprit. Kinda new to this forum. Like, only post when there's a new album out. Will be mindful. 

Spoiler

I promise. :)

1 minute ago, barttttender said:

ahaha, sorry about that - if I'm the culprit. Kinda new to this forum. Like, only post when there's a new album out. Will be mindful. 

Reveal hidden contents

Oop tbh I had someone else in mind not you :ma:

Spoiler

anger-angry.gif

7 minutes ago, Taco Truck x VB said:

i mean i’ve never thought that personally but, maybe you’re more.. creative than i am?

Nope. I think i'm just more familiar with the 70s Hong kong aesthetic back then & i usually capture a certain feeling / landscape whenever i listen to Lana. One thing about Lana music that separate her from other musicians is how vibrantly she can give us a clear picture of a certain space / scenery / landscape infront of your eyes. It feels like Teleportation tbh :hellno:

For example: for me, Ocean Blvd puts me in a middle of a highway like im on my summer vacation, meanwhile A&W put me back to a dark cabin in a middle of a farm at night time, with Jimmy Jimmy coco puff brings me to a hawaiian cocktail bar :agree:

Spoiler

I don’t think this album is sexy AT ALL. kinda odd to say that when talks about rape, her looks, that drive-by lyric and such. it also makes me mad when i see people automatically trash on an album because it has piano in it like huh :toofloppy:. i get not liking an album if it’s composed of mostly piano, but like boz said, there’s something for everyone on the album. just voicing my thoughts

Just now, barttttender said:

Sure, no worries at all. We're just having a chat :) I think you missed the 50 posts about how amazing Grandfather is,  how much I love the Taco snippet, and Ocean Boulevard.

Honestly, if I sound negative it's because I've been looking forward to this album a lot and for a long time (as I disliked BB a lot, so basically haven't had new Lana music since Chemtrails). Also, I have a bone to pick with her BB producers - I think theyr're a stepdown from Nowels, Antonoff, Hayne, etc. So, I will probably be ranting about their production. Just ignore it. :D

i think that’s fair, you’re allowed an opinion. if you don’t like 2 albums in a row maybe keep listening to the old ones and try relistening to OB after a while and see if it grows on you? 

maybe if you keep comparing it to her old work you won’t be happy? i’ve learned to separate lana’s old music to her more singer songwriter post nfr sound

maybe if you see them as 2 separate entities you might enjoy it more?

if you’re thinking to yourself ‘she’ll never top …’ then you’re setting yourself up for disappointment 

i personally love ultraviolence and have accepted that i’ll never get that again

when i first heard nfr ironically i thought very similar to you, i hated the heavy piano at first and i didn’t like the sonic change, and i stopped listening as much. as time went on i learned to appreciate and separate the sounds and the way she’s grown as an artist..

it can get tiring only liking certain songs, maybe take a break from listening for a while? that can help keep things more fresh

i dont think you’ll be happy with LDR11 if you don’t like BB and OB though, as it seems like she will definitely be sticking to a sound more like these albums compared to her previous 

2 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Hide contents

It’s okay! you live and you learn

2 minutes ago, Three White Butterflies said:

I think you make a valid point. Lana being extremely vulnerable with her body isn’t necessarily saying it’s her sexy album.  For me it’s more along the lines of intimacy. Her deepest thoughts and worries. Someone asked what the world building on this album was and the world building is Lana herself. She’s “inviting” us to sit in her bedroom while she tells us all the things in her diary she hasn’t said before. 

That actually makes a lotta sense. 

The cover definitely reflects that. She was roaming around before exploring different characters and narratives that she wasn't exactly at home with. Or she was running away from herself with the trucks and the boat, with her friends, on her balcony. Now she's full-on in the thick of it in her bedroom, facing herself and her family, etc. And it's refleceted in the sound as well - her two favorite genres are there basically - piano balladry and trap/hip-hop vibes. Very "close to home'

Can we please plan a streaming party or something for our girl A&W, she is out here struggling with no support from her mother, similar to Lana, and I think we all know how that turned out, so yeah 

7pm EST, March 5, 2023, we all just stream A&W a bunch (remember to have at least a couple songs in between each listen so they count toward actual streams)

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

1 minute ago, ivory almond said:

Can we please plan a streaming party or something for our girl A&W, she is out here struggling with no support from her mother, similar to Lana, and I think we all know how that turned out, so yeah 

7pm EST, March 5, 2023, we all just stream A&W a bunch (remember to have at least a couple songs in between each listen so they count toward actual streams)

count me in!

16 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

so Kintsugi is like another closer reference of Lana to Asian culture

I remember the closest she ever gets to Asian culture was This is what makes us girls (the violin outro) & Sad girl intro sounds like Hong Kong vibes.

I def see the HK vibes you’re talking about in Sad Girl, I’ve always loved it so much. Sounds like I’m in a red light district 

sgopYhV.gif